61. Peldon Rose. Postcard mailed October 1906.
The picture appears in "Motor Buses in East Anglia 1901-1931" by D.E. Brewster, 1974, with the ...
Image ID IA004901
62. Primrose Bus rounding Hyde Park Corner at the top of St Ives Hill, Peldon. Postcard was mailed from Peldon on 29th August 1922.
Date: Before August 1922
Image ID JAY_BUS_051
63. Eastern National double decker bus DEV477 crossing the Strood, West Mersea, at high tide. 75 service to West Mersea via Abberton and Blackheath.
Image ID JAY_ENO_003
64. "The milk must be collected". Milk tanker crossing the Strood - a Thames Trader.
At this time, there are thought to have been dairy herds at Bromans Farm, ...
Date: December 1963
Image ID JBT_001_001
65. George Smith Senior's dark horse is called "Blacky" No date but would have to be before 1914 when he had a bad accident smashing his ankle poor Blacky had to be ...
Date: Before 1914
Image ID JDV_001
66. Fred Smith's bakers cart, outside Munson Cook's late 1920s. Sid Mole, and Nathan 'Din' Hoy.
Image ID JHY_115
67. Underwood's Bedford bus. Jenny Mills in front on the left.
Image ID JML_OPA_043
68. White Hart Darts Club outing to Felixstowe - or Gt Yarmouth with an Underwoods coach.
Names adults L-R 1. Ernie Hempstead, 2. Hector Hewes, 3. Doug and ...
Image ID JML_OPA_045
69. Cooperative Society Ltd.
Image ID JML_OPA_049
70. Not identified, but possibly the car of Mr Hoblyn who lived at Orleans, West Mersea 1921 - 1931.
Image ID KBC_005
71. Chalet at Coopers Beach, East Mersea. The chalet has the name "Spray Cabin".
Ford Zephyr 258PNO - PNO registrations were first issued April ...
Image ID KBC_021
72. High tide at the Strood. One Eastern National bus coming through and another waiting to go.
The bus on the right is one of a series that had new bodies ...
Date: After April 1949
Image ID KBC_051
73. Cars and buses crossing the Strood at High Tide.
Morris Minor OPU120 - OPU registrations were first used April 1949.
A negative from Bill ...
Date: After April 1949
Image ID KBC_055
74. Ken Mole. Mersea Island Removals.
Image ID KML_003
75. Morris Eight BXF483 belonging to Ken Mole, Morris Eight ST9454 belonging to Hugh Farthing
Image ID KML_029
76. Mrs Josie Condon [ Mary Josephine ] driving a pony and trap outside Vine Cottage at the top of The Lane. Josie Condon rented Vine Cottage up to about 1926. The ...
Image ID KNL_CAR_001
77. Mrs Josie Condon [ Mary Josephine Condon ] driving a pony and trap at the top of The Lane. The passenger is Mrs Rhona Keenlyside, her daughter. Josie Mary ...
Image ID KNL_CAR_003
78. Waiting for the tide at the Strood. Clifford White's lorries on the right.
Ron Green writes about Clifford White's lorries:
I guess I'm one of ...
Image ID LH15_124
79. Carnival procession, outside Chatters Shop in High Street. Peter Farthing. Rutherford's pale blue truck GF8734. Banner on trailer is "Councillor's Sprayer".
Image ID LH22_070
80. Bus drivers and conductors at West Mersea.
L-R 1. Bill Green [my uncle], 2. Ivy ?, 3. Inspector Bert D'Wit, 4. Mrs Collins or Reynolds from Peldon ?, 5. ...
Image ID LH22_083
81. Queens Corner. Eastern National bus VNO738S on service 75 to Colchester, Austin Maxi car. James F. Fraser Antiques ?
In December 2009, VNO738S was still in ...
Date: Before October 1986
Image ID LH4_025
82. Underwoods coaches.
Image ID LH51_030
83. Kingsland Road in the snow. Eastern National bus.
Date: cFebruary 1991
Image ID LH58_015
84. L- R. Unknown. Claude Mole. Unknown. Unknown. Arthur Mills. Alfred Mole.
Image ID LTL_019
85. High tide at the Strood before it was widened in 1931. Charabanc PU4434 on the left. YK9043 on the right.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID LUC_AB1_057
86. Bus outside West Mersea Parish Church. From
Beautiful Mersea - Garden Farm Estate brochure. Page 7.
Date: December 1909
Image ID MBK_BMS_009_002
87. Bus outside White Hart, West Mersea. HK5xx8 ?. Maddox Street Scandal. Bus to Colchester, Peldon, Abberton, Blackheath.
From the cover of The Homeland Handy ...
Image ID MD02_002
88. Image from Homeland Handy Guides - Mersea Island Page 11. Horse and cart crossing the Strood. The photograph also appears in the Second Edition of the guide ...
Image ID MD02_022
89. Great Eastern Bus F1610 and Berry's wagonette wait for passengers outside the White Hart, West Mersea.
From cover of The Homeland Handy Guides No.23 - ...
Image ID MD04_001_001
90. Bradford vans in Digby's shed. Thought to be at the time of the sale following Hugh Banham's death
Image ID MF04_002_001