61. Underwood's Bedford bus. Jenny Mills in front on the left.
Image ID JML_OPA_043
62. White Hart Darts Club outing to Felixstowe - or Gt Yarmouth with an Underwoods coach.
Names adults L-R 1. Ernie Hempstead, 2. Hector Hewes, 3. Doug and ...
Image ID JML_OPA_045
63. Cooperative Society Ltd.
Image ID JML_OPA_049
64. Ken Mole. Mersea Island Removals.
Image ID KML_003
65. Morris Eight BXF483 belonging to Ken Mole, Morris Eight ST9454 belonging to Hugh Farthing
Image ID KML_029
66. Mrs Josie Condon [ Mary Josephine ] driving a pony and trap outside Vine Cottage at the top of The Lane. Josie Condon rented Vine Cottage up to about 1926. The ...
Image ID KNL_CAR_001
67. Mrs Josie Condon [ Mary Josephine Condon ] driving a pony and trap at the top of The Lane. The passenger is Mrs Rhona Keenlyside, her daughter. Josie Mary ...
Image ID KNL_CAR_003
68. Waiting for the tide at the Strood. Clifford White's lorries on the right.
Ron Green writes about Clifford White's lorries:
I guess I'm one of ...
Image ID LH15_124
69. Carnival procession, outside Chatters Shop in High Street. Peter Farthing. Rutherford's pale blue truck GF8734. Banner on trailer is "Councillor's Sprayer".
Image ID LH22_070
70. Queens Corner. Eastern National bus VNO738S on service 75 to Colchester, Austin Maxi car. James F. Fraser Antiques ?
In December 2009, VNO738S was still in ...
Date: Before October 1986
Image ID LH4_025
71. Kingsland Road in the snow. Eastern National bus.
Date: cFebruary 1991
Image ID LH58_015
72. L- R. Unknown. Claude Mole. Unknown. Unknown. Arthur Mills. Alfred Mole.
Image ID LTL_019
73. High tide at the Strood before it was widened in 1931. Charabanc PU4434 on the left. YK9043 on the right.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID LUC_AB1_057
74. Bus outside West Mersea Parish Church. From
Beautiful Mersea - Garden Farm Estate brochure. Page 7.
Date: December 1909
Image ID MBK_BMS_009_002
75. Bus outside White Hart, West Mersea. HK5xx8 ?. Maddox Street Scandal. Bus to Colchester, Peldon, Abberton, Blackheath.
From the cover of The Homeland Handy ...
Image ID MD02_002
76. Image from Homeland Handy Guides - Mersea Island Page 11. Horse and cart crossing the Strood. The photograph also appears in the Second Edition of the guide ...
Image ID MD02_022
77. Great Eastern Bus F1610 and Berry's wagonette wait for passengers outside the White Hart, West Mersea.
From cover of The Homeland Handy Guides No.23 - ...
Image ID MD04_001_001
78. Bradford vans in Digby's shed. Thought to be at the time of the sale following Hugh Banham's death
Image ID MF04_002_001
79. Berry's bus outside the White Hart, West Mersea. The White Hart was the terminus in Mersea and in Colchester, the buses stopped outside the Hippodrome in the ...
Image ID MF10_001
80. A pair of First Group buses at the terminus outside the MICA in West Mersea. Service 67 at the time was Colchester Hospital to West Mersea, every 30 minutes. It ...
Date: 27 October 2006
Image ID MLD_017
81. L-R ?, Arthur James Hoy, Tim Grandad's Dog, James Hoy Snr, J. Pudney.
Lorry from E. Marriage & Sons Ltd., The Old Siege House, Colchester. Phone 20.
Image ID MMC_2010_10_008_E
82. White Hart Corner. Berry's bus waiting on Colchester - West Mersea service.
Image ID MMC_P1002_059
83. Alf Stacey and Primrose Bus crossing the Strood at high tide. Karrier, probably LT8426.
Photo used on cover of Just the Ticket by David Thornton, which ...
Image ID MMC_P21_A
84. Mersea buses in Stanwell Street, Colchester. Herbert Green on left. Bob Woodward leaning on radiator.
Ron Green writes: Those buses were not fast by ...
Image ID MMC_P21_E
85. Charabanc ME124 at the Strood, West Mersea. High tide.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID MMC_P405_007
86. Great Eastern bus at the Strood, Mersea Island. BJ329.
Great Eastern was the second bus company to run service from North Station to White Hart.
Date: Before 11 March 1907
Image ID MMC_P719B
87. Queens Corner from Upland House.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_007
88. The view from Upland House. Joe Pullen with donkey and cart. Bus coming round Queen's corner.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_019
89. Johnny Dixon with the island's rubbish cart. He is touching his hat to the photographer.
The view is looking across Kingsland Road with Upland ...
Date: cMay 1935
Image ID MMC_P753_A_056
90. The view from Upland House. Eastern National Leyland bus. Arthur 'Snuffy' Cornelius's house and cycle shop selling petrol over the road.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_078