841. GINA (?) bound Gibraltar. ? skipper Fred Mountifield.
See BF69_005_006 for back of photo.
Image ID BF69_005_005
842. Steam Yacht STAR OF INDIA sale brochure page 1.
Built 1888 for Sir William Pearce. Then purchased by an American gentleman who kept her for 30 years at ...
Date: After 1927
Image ID BF69_006_007
843. 19m OCTAVIA anchored in Harwich c1912. Note Mr Pearman on bow.
Image ID BF69_006_011
844. Steam Yacht NAHMA at Saint Malo. Postcard.
Image ID BF69_006_012
845. Steam Yacht NAHMA at anchor. Photo from J. Gelser, Alger.
Image ID BF69_006_013
846. Steam Yacht NAHMA at anchor. Photo from J. Gelser, Alger.
Image ID BF69_006_014
847. Crew of yacht CASSIOPEIA.
Image ID BF69_006_015
848. The steam yacht MEDEA, sailing under the San Diego - Coronado Bay Bridge, was launched in 1904 as a private luxury yacht. She was used by the French as a ...
Image ID BF69_006_019
849. Brightlingsea on the Hard. Photo of postcard.
Image ID BF69_007_001
850. Brightlingsea - causeway, barges, shipyard, steam launch
Image ID BF69_007_002
851. Smack WONDER being broken up at Brightlingsea Hard. Also in picture is Roy Bacon's SHEARWATER ready for the new season.
Image ID BF69_007_003
852. The Landing Stage, Brightlingsea, 78563. Postcard. Note on envelope says Brightlingsea Hard 1919. ANT on Hard.
Image ID BF69_007_004
853. Yawl MEMORY fitting out at Brightlingsea
Image ID BF69_007_008
854. Start of smacks and yachts off East Mersea. Hospital Hulk.
Image ID BF69_007_010
855. Steam Yacht in River Colne. Photo by Miss Ruffell, Brightlingsea.
Thought to be BERYL Official Number 120472, twin triple expansion steam engines, built ...
Image ID BF69_007_011
856. The Creek, Brightlingsea. Postcard
Image ID BF69_007_012
857. Mr Seaman, fisherman of Brightlingsea. Credited with having found an oyster bed.
Image ID BF69_007_015
858. Barge discharging on West Beach Clacton on Sea. Postcard posted 26 Mar 1910.
Date: Before 1910
Image ID BF69_008_002
859. Wivenhoe. Smack 21CK, thought to be MARIA.
Image ID BF69_009_003
860. Wivenhoe. Smack 16CK ROCHFORD.
ROCHFORD smack. C.1847 at Brightlingsea. Not registered as under tonnage. 1858 Registered to William Richardson, ...
Image ID BF69_009_004
861. Photo --- smacks racing in the regatta 1904. The ELISE (Capt. Green) and the MARIA (J. Gunn) both from Wivenhoe, and Capt. William W Cranfield's SUNBEAM from ...
Image ID BF69_009_006
862. Milkman with horse and cart delivering in the snow. Location not known but probably Wivenhoe.
Image ID BF69_009_007
863. Unidentified gentleman of the road. Probably Wivenhoe.
Image ID BF69_009_008
864. Unidentified street, probably Wivenhoe
Image ID BF69_009_009
865. Queens Road, Wivenhoe. The Anglesea Arms in the distance [which closed in 1922].
Date: Before 1922
Image ID BF69_009_010
866. The Park Hotel, High Street, Wivenhoe
Image ID BF69_009_011
867. Wivenhoe Water Tower
Image ID BF69_009_012
868. Wivenhoe Regatta
Image ID BF69_009_013
869. Wivenhoe Regatta --- ladies rowing race
Image ID BF69_009_016
870. HEROINE at Wivenhoe shipyard.
HEROINE was completed Forrestt & Son, 1903, Official No. 124485. Later renamed HEROINE OF TROY.
Image ID BF69_009_017