91. Beautiful Mersea - Garden Farm Estate brochure. Page 10.
Light Railway should add enormously to the value of the Owners Plots. This, with the docks at ...
Date: December 1909
Image ID MBK_BMS_012
92. Just the Ticket by David Thornton. Published about 1989.
Cover picture: Mersea Island Karrier LF8420 (or perhaps LT8426) crosses a flooded Mersea Strood.
Image ID MBK_JTT_001
93. Bus outside White Hart, West Mersea. HK5xx8 ?. Maddox Street Scandal. Bus to Colchester, Peldon, Abberton, Blackheath.
From the cover of The Homeland Handy ...
Image ID MD02_002
94. Image from Homeland Handy Guides - Mersea Island Page 11. Horse and cart crossing the Strood. The photograph also appears in the Second Edition of the guide ...
Image ID MD02_022
95. West Mersea Official Guide Page 24. Berry's Super Coaches. A.W. Berry & Sons, Port Lane Motor Works, Colchester.
West Mersea booking office 'Merryfelde" ...
Image ID MD03_035
96. Great Eastern Bus F1610 and Berry's wagonette wait for passengers outside the White Hart, West Mersea.
From cover of The Homeland Handy Guides No.23 - ...
Image ID MD04_001_001
97. Bradford vans in Digby's shed. Thought to be at the time of the sale following Hugh Banham's death
Image ID MF04_002_001
98. Berry's bus outside the White Hart, West Mersea. The White Hart was the terminus in Mersea and in Colchester, the buses stopped outside the Hippodrome in the ...
Image ID MF10_001
99. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1983. Page 37.
Mersea's Railway that never was, by R. Kingstone.
Southend and Colchester Light ...
Date: January 1983
Image ID MIS_1983_041
100. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1983. Page 38.
Mersea's Railway contd.
The route of the line from Mersea Island to ...
Date: January 1983
Image ID MIS_1983_042
101. A pair of First Group buses at the terminus outside the MICA in West Mersea. Service 67 at the time was Colchester Hospital to West Mersea, every 30 minutes. It ...
Date: 27 October 2006
Image ID MLD_017
102. L-R ?, Arthur James Hoy, Tim Grandad's Dog, James Hoy Snr, J. Pudney.
Lorry from E. Marriage & Sons Ltd., The Old Siege House, Colchester. Phone 20.
Image ID MMC_2010_10_008_E
103. White Hart Corner. Berry's bus waiting on Colchester - West Mersea service.
Image ID MMC_P1002_059
104. Alf Stacey and Primrose Bus crossing the Strood at high tide. Karrier, probably LT8426.
Photo used on cover of Just the Ticket by David Thornton, which ...
Image ID MMC_P21_A
105. West Mersea bound Primrose bus crossing the Strood - Karrier LT8426. E.E. Dinger from 13 Mersea Road, Colchester, are advertised on the front of the ...
Image ID MMC_P21_B
106. Mersea buses in Stanwell Street, Colchester. Herbert Green on left. Bob Woodward leaning on radiator.
Ron Green writes: Those buses were not fast by ...
Image ID MMC_P21_E
107. Charabanc ME124 at the Strood, West Mersea. High tide.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID MMC_P405_007
108. Great Eastern bus at the Strood, Mersea Island. BJ329.
Great Eastern was the second bus company to run service from North Station to White Hart.
Date: Before 11 March 1907
Image ID MMC_P719B
109. Queens Corner from Upland House.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_007
110. The view from Upland House. Joe Pullen with donkey and cart. Bus coming round Queen's corner.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_019
111. Johnny Dixon with the island's rubbish cart. He is touching his hat to the photographer.
The view is looking across Kingsland Road with Upland ...
Date: cMay 1935
Image ID MMC_P753_A_056
112. The view from Upland House. Eastern National Leyland bus. Arthur 'Snuffy' Cornelius's house and cycle shop selling petrol over the road.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_078
113. Clifford White's lorries unloading barges on the Hard. The barge on the left is the RUSSELL, loaded with bricks; in the centre with timber is GOLDEN FLEECE of ...
Image ID MMC_P755_026
114. "Our Wants Supplied". Great Eastern Railway bus F1610 outside the White Hart, West Mersea. Jack Saye says that the conductor standing in front of the bus is ...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_078
115. White Hart, West Mersea. Lorry bus from The Mersea Engineering and Transport Co. Ltd [Primrose buses].
Image ID MMC_P755_083
116. The White Hart Hotel did not always look half timbered. It is difficult to date this photograph - Berry's bus LC7804 was in service with them 1906 to July 1922. ...
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_084
117. Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea - a Cleghorn postcard.
Licensee C. Wopling. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's Fine Pale and Mild Ales and Porter.
Cart on the left ...
Image ID MMC_P755_107
118. East Road - the Fox in the distance and the old Fountain on the right, now Alpine Cottages. The Fountain licensee is Mary Anne Smith. Cleghorn postcard. Another ...
Date: Before September 1905
Image ID MMC_P755_144
119. A Berry bus LC7804 passing the Fountain, Queens Corner. Daniell & Sons, Fine Ales and Stout. Licensee Edith Smith. M.O. Smith has the shop on the ...
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_152
120. Cleghorn, chemist in Barfield Road. Cutty with donkey and cart.
Used in "Isle of Mersea" by Brian Jay photo no.33
Image ID MMC_P755_155