91. "Our Wants Supplied". Great Eastern Railway bus F1610 outside the White Hart, West Mersea. Jack Saye says that the conductor standing in front of the bus is ...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_078
92. White Hart, West Mersea. Lorry bus from The Mersea Engineering and Transport Co. Ltd [Primrose buses].
Image ID MMC_P755_083
93. The White Hart Hotel did not always look half timbered. It is difficult to date this photograph - Berry's bus LC7804 was in service with them 1906 to July 1922. ...
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_084
94. Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea - a Cleghorn postcard.
Licensee C. Wopling. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's Fine Pale and Mild Ales and Porter.
Cart on the left ...
Image ID MMC_P755_107
95. East Road - the Fox in the distance and the old Fountain on the right, now Alpine Cottages. The Fountain licensee is Mary Anne Smith. Cleghorn postcard. Another ...
Date: Before September 1905
Image ID MMC_P755_144
96. A Berry bus LC7804 passing the Fountain, Queens Corner. Daniell & Sons, Fine Ales and Stout. Licensee Edith Smith. M.O. Smith has the shop on the ...
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_152
97. Cleghorn, chemist in Barfield Road. Cutty with donkey and cart.
Used in "Isle of Mersea" by Brian Jay photo no.33
Image ID MMC_P755_155
98. Eastern National bus at West Mersea. Fleet No. 1294 MPU17 delivered in 1948.
Service No. 75 to West Mersea via Blackheath, Abberton. Photo by R.A Jenkinson, ...
Image ID MMC_P900_B
99. Spring Robert Wyncoll and his Penny Farthing. Writing on the back of the photograph dates it as 1888. Photograph by P. Damant, Mersea Rd., ...
Image ID MSY_SPR_003
100. A windy day by Bonner's Barn - the view through Pat's windscreen window. The bus in the ditch was bringing children from TLA back to Mersea. The lorry is ...
Date: 25 January 1990
Image ID PAT_004_001
101. Photo taken in Mell Road about 1890.
Captain Billy Redgewell owned smack Kingfisher CK 7.
The house Caprice was later named Mount House and ...
Image ID PBIB_RDG_001
102. School - West Mersea. Looking up Barfied Road with a Berry's bus in the distance. The 1899 school building is on the left.
Image ID PG1_999
103. S.C. White & Co., Peldon shop. The delivery van is from Colne Confectionery, St Botolphs Street, Colchester. Registration NO2156 - NO registrations were issued ...
Date: After 1921
Image ID PH01_PWC_001
104. Peldon Shop J.E. Page. The delivery van is from A.J. Cornwell & Son, Confectioners, Colchester. NO2156.
Kelly's 1922 Directory lists J.E. Page as the shop ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_003
105. Leonard Dansie in three wheel car outside Peldon shop. Registration BB2171 ?
Image ID PH01_PWC_007
106. Motor cycle and motor cycle combination outside the shop in Peldon. Leonard Dansie on the left. Registration numbers HK7334 and HK4084. HK registrations were ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_009
107. Transit van at the Mersea Laundry which was on the corner of High Street North and Upland Road. Lionel and Brian Phillips both used to drive the van for the ...
Image ID PHS_OPA_013
108. A.G. Farthing & Son., Dairymen.
Image ID PHS_OPA_015
109. Fred G. Smith & Son. Bakers & Confectioners. West Mersea & Colchester.
Image ID PHS_OPA_049
110. Howard Winch in Bullnose Morris at Aclint in Grove Avenue.
Aclint is now 11 Grove Avenue, West Mersea.
Image ID PMS_MIS_015
111. Eastern National Bristol double decker bus ONO80 crossing the Strood onto Mersea Island at high tide.
The photograph is part of Ron's extensive collection ...
Date: March 1963
Image ID RFR_001
112. Sunday School outing Charabanc. Notes on back of photograph:
4th adult from Left, Mrs Saye.
8th adult from Left, Mrs Garrard (face only),
Image ID RFX_047
113. Abberton Water Cart. Eddie Smith holding the horse. The cart was used to supply water to the village from the well under the bakery. Eddie Smith donated land at ...
Image ID RG03_353
114. A Primrose Bus in 1920 parked in High Street near the entrance to Captains Road prior to leaving on a school trip to London Zoo. Headmaster Mr. Green with the ...
Date: 19 July 1920
Image ID RG03_445
115. Mersea Strood. Barge NELLIE PARKER in centre. Berrys' Gilford Model 1680T 31 seat Coach VX7875, purchased by Eastern National in 1937 Fleet No 3701.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID RG03_471
116. Primrose Bus No. 5. Bob Woodward and Alf Stacey.
Image ID RG03_475
117. Primrose Bus to Mersea in St. Johns Street, Colchester before 1925. Fred Chatters second from the right.
Date: Before 1925
Image ID RG03_477
118. Dennis lorry VW5608 at Goldhanger when owned by A. Tredget. Ex Clifford White & Co. Ex Horace Martin.
L-R Bob Deal, Sid Sherwood.
Image ID RG03_481
119. Mersea Island Primrose Straker Squire bus LH9097 at War Memorial, West Mersea.
Used in "Just the Ticket" by David Thornton, Plate 20.
Also used in Motor ...
Image ID RG03_485
120. Traction Engine. A regular visitor to West Mersea with the fair before the war. John Barker's Burrell No 3847 (CL4483) of 1920. 'Princess Marina' at Foxhall ...
Date: 11 April1933
Image ID RG03_487