61. Mum Alice Hewes and daughter Betty, Back row, 2nd lot in. Charabanc trip.
Image ID HAY_HEB_090
62. Above rear wheel, Betty Hewes & Mum (Alice) squeezed behind. Sunday school outing, on Mersea bus.
PA1_HEWG_PIC01 is the same picture, with the caption ...
Image ID HAY_HEW_012
63. Memories of Christmas past. Sybil Brand recalls the days when Christmas shopping meant a trip to Colchester in the carrier's cart.
Essex County ...
Image ID HH01_003_001
64. Barge GOLDEN FLEECE unloading timber on Mersea Hard. The lorries are ex-Army World War I lorries with solid tyres.
The left lorry NO1671 is from Clifford ...
Image ID IA002310
65. Winning Through! The Strood, a road leaving over a creek of the River Blackwater from the mainland to Mersea Island is almost impassable at high tide. An ...
Image ID IA004481
66. 1924 Delage car being restored by Brian South. The car was owned by Brian's grandfather Charles Pavey of West Mersea from 1927 to 1960.
Image ID IA004483
67. Peldon Rose. Postcard mailed October 1906.
The picture appears in "Motor Buses in East Anglia 1901-1931" by D.E. Brewster, 1974, with the ...
Image ID IA004901
68. Primrose Bus rounding Hyde Park Corner at the top of St Ives Hill, Peldon. Postcard was mailed from Peldon on 29th August 1922.
Date: Before August 1922
Image ID JAY_BUS_051
69. Eastern National double decker bus DEV477 crossing the Strood, West Mersea, at high tide. 75 service to West Mersea via Abberton and Blackheath.
Image ID JAY_ENO_003
70. "The milk must be collected". Milk tanker crossing the Strood - a Thames Trader.
At this time, there are thought to have been dairy herds at Bromans Farm, ...
Date: December 1963
Image ID JBT_001_001
71. George Smith Senior's dark horse is called "Blacky" No date but would have to be before 1914 when he had a bad accident smashing his ankle poor Blacky had to be ...
Date: Before 1914
Image ID JDV_001
72. The Mersea, Colchester & District Transport & Bus Co., Ltd. [Primrose Buses]
Letter To all whom it may concern
This is certify that George Smith of ...
Date: 8 March 1926
Image ID JDV_GSS_003
73. Fred Smith's bakers cart, outside Munson Cook's late 1920s. Sid Mole, and Nathan 'Din' Hoy.
Image ID JHY_115
74. Underwood's Bedford bus. Jenny Mills in front on the left.
Image ID JML_OPA_043
75. White Hart Darts Club outing to Felixstowe - or Gt Yarmouth with an Underwoods coach.
Names adults L-R 1. Ernie Hempstead, 2. Hector Hewes, 3. Doug and ...
Image ID JML_OPA_045
76. Cooperative Society Ltd.
Image ID JML_OPA_049
77. Kelly's Directory 1910 Page 393. East Mersea, West Mersea.
Public Elementary School (mixed) built in 1860, for 70 children, average at ...
Image ID KEL_1910_393
78. Ken Mole. Mersea Island Removals.
Image ID KML_003
79. Morris Eight BXF483 belonging to Ken Mole, Morris Eight ST9454 belonging to Hugh Farthing
Image ID KML_029
80. Mrs Josie Condon [ Mary Josephine ] driving a pony and trap outside Vine Cottage at the top of The Lane. Josie Condon rented Vine Cottage up to about 1926. The ...
Image ID KNL_CAR_001
81. Mrs Josie Condon [ Mary Josephine Condon ] driving a pony and trap at the top of The Lane. The passenger is Mrs Rhona Keenlyside, her daughter. Josie Mary ...
Image ID KNL_CAR_003
82. Waiting for the tide at the Strood. Clifford White's lorries on the right.
Ron Green writes about Clifford White's lorries:
I guess I'm one of ...
Image ID LH15_124
83. Carnival procession, outside Chatters Shop in High Street. Peter Farthing. Rutherford's pale blue truck GF8734. Banner on trailer is "Councillor's Sprayer".
Image ID LH22_070
84. Bus drivers and conductors at West Mersea.
L-R 1. Bill Green [my uncle], 2. Ivy ?, 3. Inspector Bert D'Wit, 4. Mrs Collins or Reynolds from Peldon ?, 5. ...
Image ID LH22_083
85. Queens Corner. Eastern National bus VNO738S on service 75 to Colchester, Austin Maxi car. James F. Fraser Antiques ?
In December 2009, VNO738S was still in ...
Date: Before October 1986
Image ID LH4_025
86. Kingsland Road in the snow. Eastern National bus.
Date: cFebruary 1991
Image ID LH58_015
87. L- R. Unknown. Claude Mole. Unknown. Unknown. Arthur Mills. Alfred Mole.
Image ID LTL_019
88. High tide at the Strood before it was widened in 1931. Charabanc PU4434 on the left. YK9043 on the right.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID LUC_AB1_057
89. Beautiful Mersea - Garden Farm Estate brochure. Page 5.
Motor Bus Service Colchester and West Mersea, from Fleece Hotel or North Station
Date: December 1909
Image ID MBK_BMS_007
90. Bus outside West Mersea Parish Church. From
Beautiful Mersea - Garden Farm Estate brochure. Page 7.
Date: December 1909
Image ID MBK_BMS_009_002