61. Bidding the Tollesbury Boys God Speed. Postcard.
Date: 7 September 1914
Image ID CG10_617
62. Tollesbury Detachment. W.J. Juniper back row, 5th from left. Postcard.
Used in More from Tollesbury Past plate 56, which says the army detachment is ...
Image ID CG10_621
63. Bonfire for Peace Celebrations, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_623
64. Church Parade, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_625
65. Church Parade, Tollesbury. Postcard.
Image ID CG10_627
66. Fred Harry Chatters, M/2 055360 Pte., 22 Fld. Amb., M.T. A.S.C.
On return from WW1, Fred became a driver with the Primrose Bus Company and went on with ...
Image ID CHS_003
67. Emmie and Tom (David John) Clarry.
17 July 1919 David John Clarry married Emily Gertrude Trim at West Mersea Parish Church. David John's occupation is ...
Image ID CHS_005
68. The War Memorial at Layer Cross, Layer de la Haye. It is a large gathering with a band in the background, and is thought to be for the dedication of the War ...
Image ID CLN_LDH_001
69. Men with the Colours from West Mersea
Date: 31 October 1914
Image ID CTC_021
70. West Mersea men serving with the Colours
Date: 14 November 1914
Image ID CTC_041
71. More Men with the Colours
Date: 5 December 1914
Image ID CTC_051
72. From Your loving Grandson Archie. 1916.
Archibald George Oliver (born Swansea 1897) nephew of Emily Brown (nee Oliver).
Service number 900/745670 ...
Image ID DB11_021
73. "With Best Love, Sid. 8:3:17"
[1918 Absent Voter list gives Sidney Stoker as 87829 Pte., 11th King's Liverpools]
Date: 8 March 1917
Image ID DB13_019
74. Horace Mole on the right. Left unknown. Photograph by A.L. West & Co., Winchester.
Stephen Horace Mole was in 2nd Battalion 'The Rifles' (The Prince ...
Image ID DPR_001
75. Horace Mole. Stephen Horace Mole was in 2nd Battalion 'The Rifles' (The Prince Consorts Own ), Rfn 3581, enlisted 30 December 1909 and discharged 2 February ...
Image ID DPR_003
76. Harold Leighton Procter.
The Jan 1918 Absent Voters list has Harold as a Midshipman on HMS ARROGANT.
The 1919 list has him as a Sub Lieutenant on ...
Image ID DPR_005
77. Robert Appleton Account book. Summer Work 1916.
6 July 1916 Robert went to Whitehall and got a berth as mate of 'Tug Alice' for Malta. 7 July left for ...
Date: 6 July 1916
Image ID DWS_APQ_017
78. One of the gondolas of Zeppelin L33 which came down on Little Wigborough September 1916. A portion of the superstructure has been cut away: originally it ...
Date: c24 September 1916
Image ID EAM_1953_003_P285_001
79. East Mersea Post - Army Duty Roster. 16 December 1916 to 19 December 1916.
9.45pm Sentry reported fire about 400 yds. On investigation it proved to be a ...
Date: 17 December 1916
Image ID EMB_005
80. Army at Port Bower on Yorick Road during WW1. L-R Gert French, Ethel French, Billy French, Alice Hewes, Norah French (née Gant) Bert French.
Mr & ...
Image ID FL02_046_002
81. "Wartime" 1917 Mersea Isle. Snuffy Cornelius's cycle shop on Kingsland Road, now RST Motors.
Frank Cornelius, Mabel Tiffin (lived over the road in what in ...
Image ID FL02_058_001
82. Ernie Mussett, 1919, Iraq. He worked for Appleby the Mersea butcher.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_025_001
83. Mr Henry Pullen, brother of Mrs Tom 'Boss' Mole. Killed in action 1914/18 War.
Henry William Pullen was born 1877, son of Henry William and Julia ...
Image ID FL05_028_003
84. Mersea Seed Growers in WW1, outside Bocking Hall.
L-R 1. Lucy Hoy, 2., 3. Tot Green née Hewes (Heck's mother), 4. ?, 5. Mable Benns, 6., ...
Image ID FL10_029_001
85. Mr Fred Sales, father of Reg, Tom, Alfred, Walter and Doris. Fred was a farrier on the Island.
From Album 10.
Image ID FL10_043_001
86. Tom Marriage 26 June 1896 to 5 May 1896.
Wounded Arras April 3rd 1917. Left leg amputated 19th April. Died May 5th 1917.
Laid to rest May 6th in the ...
Image ID GCL_TMA_001
87. Albert Arthur Lee, Private 85813, Machine Gun Corps.
Enlisted Colchester 11 May 1916
Wounded at Ypres and discharged from Army 8 April 1916
Date: cMay 1916
Image ID GGL_001
88. In Memory of Sergeant George Walter Hewes.
515, 54th Bn, Australian Infantry, A.I.F., who died on 20 July 1916.
Remembered with Honour ...
Date: 20 July 1916
Image ID GWH_ROH_004
89. Another Ripley Territorial Killed. Pte Edward Parkin killed in action 5 October 1918. His wife resides in Essex, the parties being married whilst Parkin was in ...
Date: 5 October 1918
Image ID HAN_RUS_011
90. One is George Penny.
Image ID HAY_CHUM_060