61. Primrose Bus rounding Hyde Park Corner at the top of St Ives Hill, Peldon. Postcard was mailed from Peldon on 29th August 1922.
Date: Before August 1922
Image ID JAY_BUS_051
62. Eastern National double decker bus DEV477 crossing the Strood, West Mersea, at high tide. 75 service to West Mersea via Abberton and Blackheath.
Image ID JAY_ENO_003
63. "The milk must be collected". Milk tanker crossing the Strood - a Thames Trader.
At this time, there are thought to have been dairy herds at Bromans Farm, ...
Date: December 1963
Image ID JBT_001_001
64. George Smith Senior's dark horse is called "Blacky" No date but would have to be before 1914 when he had a bad accident smashing his ankle poor Blacky had to be ...
Date: Before 1914
Image ID JDV_001
65. Fred Smith's bakers cart, outside Munson Cook's late 1920s. Sid Mole, and Nathan 'Din' Hoy.
Image ID JHY_115
66. Underwood's Bedford bus. Jenny Mills in front on the left.
Image ID JML_OPA_043
67. White Hart Darts Club outing to Felixstowe - or Gt Yarmouth with an Underwoods coach.
Names adults L-R 1. Ernie Hempstead, 2. Hector Hewes, 3. Doug and ...
Image ID JML_OPA_045
68. Cooperative Society Ltd.
Image ID JML_OPA_049
69. Ken Mole. Mersea Island Removals.
Image ID KML_003
70. Morris Eight BXF483 belonging to Ken Mole, Morris Eight ST9454 belonging to Hugh Farthing
Image ID KML_029
71. Mrs Josie Condon [ Mary Josephine ] driving a pony and trap outside Vine Cottage at the top of The Lane. Josie Condon rented Vine Cottage up to about 1926. The ...
Image ID KNL_CAR_001
72. Mrs Josie Condon [ Mary Josephine Condon ] driving a pony and trap at the top of The Lane. The passenger is Mrs Rhona Keenlyside, her daughter. Josie Mary ...
Image ID KNL_CAR_003
73. Waiting for the tide at the Strood. Clifford White's lorries on the right.
Ron Green writes about Clifford White's lorries:
I guess I'm one of ...
Image ID LH15_124
74. Carnival procession, outside Chatters Shop in High Street. Peter Farthing. Rutherford's pale blue truck GF8734. Banner on trailer is "Councillor's Sprayer".
Image ID LH22_070
75. Bus drivers and conductors at West Mersea.
L-R 1. Bill Green [my uncle], 2. Ivy ?, 3. Inspector Bert D'Wit, 4. Mrs Collins or Reynolds from Peldon ?, 5. ...
Image ID LH22_083
76. Queens Corner. Eastern National bus VNO738S on service 75 to Colchester, Austin Maxi car. James F. Fraser Antiques ?
In December 2009, VNO738S was still in ...
Date: Before October 1986
Image ID LH4_025
77. Kingsland Road in the snow. Eastern National bus.
Date: cFebruary 1991
Image ID LH58_015
78. L- R. Unknown. Claude Mole. Unknown. Unknown. Arthur Mills. Alfred Mole.
Image ID LTL_019
79. High tide at the Strood before it was widened in 1931. Charabanc PU4434 on the left. YK9043 on the right.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID LUC_AB1_057
80. Bus outside West Mersea Parish Church. From
Beautiful Mersea - Garden Farm Estate brochure. Page 7.
Date: December 1909
Image ID MBK_BMS_009_002
81. Bus outside White Hart, West Mersea. HK5xx8 ?. Maddox Street Scandal. Bus to Colchester, Peldon, Abberton, Blackheath.
From the cover of The Homeland Handy ...
Image ID MD02_002
82. Image from Homeland Handy Guides - Mersea Island Page 11. Horse and cart crossing the Strood. The photograph also appears in the Second Edition of the guide ...
Image ID MD02_022
83. Great Eastern Bus F1610 and Berry's wagonette wait for passengers outside the White Hart, West Mersea.
From cover of The Homeland Handy Guides No.23 - ...
Image ID MD04_001_001
84. Bradford vans in Digby's shed. Thought to be at the time of the sale following Hugh Banham's death
Image ID MF04_002_001
85. Berry's bus outside the White Hart, West Mersea. The White Hart was the terminus in Mersea and in Colchester, the buses stopped outside the Hippodrome in the ...
Image ID MF10_001
86. A pair of First Group buses at the terminus outside the MICA in West Mersea. Service 67 at the time was Colchester Hospital to West Mersea, every 30 minutes. It ...
Date: 27 October 2006
Image ID MLD_017
87. L-R ?, Arthur James Hoy, Tim Grandad's Dog, James Hoy Snr, J. Pudney.
Lorry from E. Marriage & Sons Ltd., The Old Siege House, Colchester. Phone 20.
Image ID MMC_2010_10_008_E
88. White Hart Corner. Berry's bus waiting on Colchester - West Mersea service.
Image ID MMC_P1002_059
89. Alf Stacey and Primrose Bus crossing the Strood at high tide. Karrier, probably LT8426.
Photo used on cover of Just the Ticket by David Thornton, which ...
Image ID MMC_P21_A
90. West Mersea bound Primrose bus crossing the Strood - Karrier LT8426. E.E. Dinger from 13 Mersea Road, Colchester, are advertised on the front of the ...
Image ID MMC_P21_B