151. ANNE of Kingstown - coasters at Colchester Hythe. Former name PLATO of Hamburg.
Build 1955 Wilhelmsaven as PLATO. LR/IMO 5279668. Renamed ANNE 1987, ...
Image ID CGT_003_001
152. RAIDER of Kingstown ex ANGLIAN TRADER - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built as LADY SHEENA at Bodewes Hoogezand, Bergum, Netherlands. LR/IMO 6609133 200 ...
Image ID CGT_003_003
153. DANICA BLACK - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Danish. Built Sakskobing, Denmark, 1984, 997 tons LR/IMO 8302947. Capsized and sank 19 Oct 1994 55.24N ...
Image ID CGT_003_005
154. DOMBA - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built as APOLLO II 1969 at Bodewes, Martenshoek. 400 tons. Official No. 378963 LR 6927690.
Renamed KOSMOS 1970, ...
Image ID CGT_003_007
155. A KING II - coasters at Colchester Hythe. Owner was A. King & Sons, Norwich - scrap merchants, port of registry Great Yarmouth.
Built as KON TIKI at ...
Image ID CGT_003_009
156. ESTE of Hamburg - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Thought to be LR 6701448, built Neuenfelde 1966 as GISELA BARTELS. Renamed ESTE 1975, ANNA-MARIA 1980, ...
Image ID CGT_003_011
157. MOLER VENTURE at Moler Wharf, Colchester Hythe. She was build 1972 by Cook at Wivenhoe to carry refractory bricks from the continent to the Moler works.
Image ID CGT_003_013
158. LINDA - W of George Town - coasters at Colchester Hythe. SUBRO VIXEN ahead.
Image ID CGT_003_015
159. LINDA - W of George Town - coasters at Colchester Hythe. 298 tons built 1955.
Photo by Chris Reynolds
Built as SEEFALKE Wilhelmshaven 1955 on ...
Date: August 1985
Image ID CGT_003_017
160. MANOR PARK - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built 1956 as QUO VADIS. 497 tons. Official No. 401233
Renamed MANOR PARK 1978. Owner 1978 Blonde Marine ...
Image ID CGT_003_019
161. KRYSTLE - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Appingedam, Netherlands, as DONGEBORG 1961 399 tons. Renamed 74 VISSERSBANK 1974, AEGEAN WIND 1977, RENE ...
Image ID CGT_003_021
162. CARRICK of Guernsey - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built Westerbroek 1954 EDDYSTONE, ON 341957 LR 5096872 475 tons. Renamed CARRICK 1980 and broken up ...
Image ID CGT_003_023
163. PAVO - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
Built 1960 at Fikkers, Foxhol, Netherlands, as PAVONIS. 384 tons.
Renamed PAVO 1975, PHOENIX 1992. No longer ...
Image ID CGT_003_025
164. STURDY - coasters at Colchester Hythe.
499 tons, built Tczew, Poland, 1973. Renamed STEADY 1984, STURDY 1989, EAGLE 1996, ALEJANDRA - 1996, LAZARUS ...
Image ID CGT_003_027
165. Shell tanker LABIOSA, thought to be whilst laid up in River Blackwater 1963-64. 6,473 tons gross, built 1948.
Image ID CH11_001
166. Bulk carrier ATTICA laid up in River Blackwater. Arrived in river 3 January 1983, renamed LADYLIKE whilst in River, and departed 17 June 1983.
ATTICA was ...
Date: 15 April 1983
Image ID CH11_003
167. MEADOWBANK laid up in River Blackwater
Photograph posted on Shipspotting by Chris Howell.
Date: cSeptember 1982
Image ID CH11_007
168. RAF Launch 108. Location unknown.
Image ID CHJ_OPA_017
169. Everard's SEDULITY unloading coal at Colchester Gas Works. A photograph taken from the top of the gasometer by Colin Hoare, who was Mate on her at the ...
Image ID CLH_001
170. Royal Navy Ship off Clacton Pier, thought to be the heavy cruiser HMS YORK, completed 1 May 1930 at Palmers at Hebburn on the Tyne.
One of a set of 4 ...
Image ID CPR_001
171. Royal Navy Ship off Clacton Pier, thought to be the heavy cruiser HMS YORK, completed 1 May 1930 at Palmers at Hebburn on the Tyne.
One of a set of 4 ...
Image ID CPR_003
172. Two funnel paddle steamer leaving Clacton Pier. (to take visitors out to a Royal Navy cruiser ?)
One of a set of 4 photographs sent to Clacton Pier ...
Image ID CPR_005
173. Paddle steamer alongside Royal Navy ship, thought to be HMS YORK and off Clacton Pier.
One of a set of 4 photographs sent to Clacton Pier Company some ...
Image ID CPR_007
174. Postcard after Repton Dixon's release from Prisoner of War. To Lieut R.E. Dixon, Howard's Stores, West Mersea.
From M.S. SOBIESKI, Gdynia-America Shipping ...
Date: 18 October 1945
Image ID CW1_250_PIC26C
175. One of Everard's 'F' boats - war built Chant coasters.
Stoker / Brown family pictures - Album 1
Date: August 1951
Image ID DB01_036_007
176. P&O DELTA, DEVANHA or DONGOLA, built 1905/1906.
The Absent Voter list records Hartley Brown living Firs Road and Second Officer c/o P&O Steamship Co. so ...
Image ID DB12_051
177. Shell tankers laid up in the River Blackwater. HELICINA on the left, HYALINA on the right.
Image ID DBO_021
178. Wyatt's slipway - CK134 DIANA on the slip. CK19 on the hard.
Date: May 1991
Image ID DC4_012
179. HISPANIA leaving Mersea for restoration. Tug HOFLAND.
Image ID DEP_HIS_035
180. "Admiral Bill" sees one of his biggest boats launched
On Saturday afternoon one of the largest boats built at Mr William Wyatt's shipyard, West Mersea, was ...
Date: 3 June 1949
Image ID DM1_AB4_018_001