151. First National bus at the bus terminus, West Mersea. Behind is Mersea Island Community Association MICA, built on the site of the old Bus Station. Bus P501MNO ...
Date: 2 June 2006
Image ID TM1_0011
152. First National bus at the terminus outside the MICA, West Mersea. T654SSF was built new for First Essex in 1999 - a Wrights bodied Scania L94UB. The service is ...
Date: 6 October 2011
Image ID TM2_6172
153. Network Colchester ran the Evening and Sunday ECC sponsored services to Mersea for a few years. HX51LRK at the terminus in Mersea High Street.
Date: 15 April 2012
Image ID TM2_6369
154. 75 bus service returns to Mersea. Eastern National VNO859 outside MICA in West Mersea. This was once the bus station on Mersea. VNO859 dates from 1953 and was ...
Date: 17 August 2013
Image ID TM3_4908
155. The 176 shoppers' bus on a Monday morning travels to Tesco at Highwoods via Peldon, Wigborough Kings Head, Layer de la Haye, Gosbecks, Stanway Tollgate, Lexden ...
Date: 24 August 2015
Image ID TM6_20459
156. Hedingham bus waiting at West Mersea with the 63 service to Colchester Mason Road via Peldon. YN06JYE.
The 63 service was extended to West Mersea from ...
Date: 26 February 2018
Image ID TM7_0537
157. Early bus, taxi and charabanc outside the White Hart in Mersea. The landlord is A.H. Went - Arthur Went was landlord from 1895 to about 1931.
The card was ...
Image ID VDW_003
158. By the pond, Fen Farm, East Mersea
Image ID WLD_FEN_027
159. Arthur and Ellen [Lord ?]
Image ID WLD_OPA_091
160. Guy Titford dairy cart from Barfield Road. Guy Titford was a relative of Janet Woodward [RG].
Image ID WOO_ABM_081
161. London & Clacton-on-Sea Karrier charabanc HK5085 belonging to Primrose Buses at Stanwell Street, Colchester. Driver Bert Green.
Image ID WOO_BUS_003
162. Primrose bus outside the White Hart at West Mersea
Image ID WOO_BUS_005
163. Charabanc HK7194. Bob Woodward is on the left. Note the individual windscreens.
Photograph in Stanwell Street, Colchester. The tall wall is round St John's ...
Image ID WOO_BUS_015
164. Primrose bus HK5195. Bob Woodward on the left.
Image ID WOO_BUS_021
165. Primrose Mersea Island charabanc / bus. The driver is Bert 'Chewey' Green (Ron Green's cousin).
Image ID WOO_BUS_031
166. Horse drawn carriage at the Cross on East Road, turning into Dawes Lane. Berwick House in the distance looks as if it is still under construction. The carriage ...
Image ID WVR1_031
167. Seaview Avenue 1922/23. The car is a Clement Bayard (1913 ?) model owned by Mr Edwards, 187 Harlesden Road, Willesden Green. Driver Leslie Edwards. Mrs Weaver ...
Image ID WVR1_049
168. Waiting for the tide at the Strood. Postcard 135960.
Nearest car JN763 - JN registration was used by Southend from 1930.
The van on the right is from ...
Date: Before August 1932
Image ID WVR1_058
169. Waiting to cross the Strood at high tide. At the front of the queue is an RAC motor cycle, perhaps expecting some work.
Lettering on side of bus probably ...
Date: Before August 1933
Image ID WVR1_060
| || |