121. Bus at Queens Corner. Clifford White sign on shop wall.
Image ID MMC_P854_C
122. Eastern National bus at West Mersea. Fleet No. 1294 MPU17 delivered in 1948.
Service No. 75 to West Mersea via Blackheath, Abberton. Photo by R.A Jenkinson, ...
Image ID MMC_P900_B
123. Spring Robert Wyncoll and his Penny Farthing. Writing on the back of the photograph dates it as 1888. Photograph by P. Damant, Mersea Rd., ...
Image ID MSY_SPR_003
124. A windy day by Bonner's Barn - the view through Pat's windscreen window. The bus in the ditch was bringing children from TLA back to Mersea. The lorry is ...
Date: 25 January 1990
Image ID PAT_004_001
125. Photo taken in Mell Road about 1890.
Captain Billy Redgewell owned smack Kingfisher CK 7.
The house Caprice was later named Mount House and ...
Image ID PBIB_RDG_001
126. School - West Mersea. Looking up Barfied Road with a Berry's bus in the distance. The 1899 school building is on the left.
Image ID PG1_999
127. Locomotives used for construction of Abberton Reservoir.
They were manufactured by John Fowler & Co (Leeds)
Ltd the model being the Fowler Resilient 4W ...
Image ID PH01_ESW_001
128. Diesel locomotives used for construction of Abberton Reservoir. They were manufactured by John Fowler & Co (Leeds) Ltd the model being the Fowler Resilient 4W ...
Image ID PH01_ESW_003
129. S.C. White & Co., Peldon shop. The delivery van is from Colne Confectionery, St Botolphs Street, Colchester. Registration NO2156 - NO registrations were issued ...
Date: After 1921
Image ID PH01_PWC_001
130. Peldon Shop J.E. Page. The delivery van is from A.J. Cornwell & Son, Confectioners, Colchester. NO2156.
Kelly's 1922 Directory lists J.E. Page as the shop ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_003
131. Leonard Dansie in three wheel car outside Peldon shop. Registration BB2171 ?
Image ID PH01_PWC_007
132. Motor cycle and motor cycle combination outside the shop in Peldon. Leonard Dansie on the left. Registration numbers HK7334 and HK4084. HK registrations were ...
Image ID PH01_PWC_009
133. Transit van at the Mersea Laundry which was on the corner of High Street North and Upland Road. Lionel and Brian Phillips both used to drive the van for the ...
Image ID PHS_OPA_013
134. A.G. Farthing & Son., Dairymen.
Image ID PHS_OPA_015
135. Fred G. Smith & Son. Bakers & Confectioners. West Mersea & Colchester.
Image ID PHS_OPA_049
136. Howard Winch in Bullnose Morris at Aclint in Grove Avenue.
Aclint is now 11 Grove Avenue, West Mersea.
Image ID PMS_MIS_015
137. Eastern National Bristol double decker bus ONO80 crossing the Strood onto Mersea Island at high tide.
The photograph is part of Ron's extensive collection ...
Date: March 1963
Image ID RFR_001
138. Sunday School outing Charabanc. Notes on back of photograph:
4th adult from Left, Mrs Saye.
8th adult from Left, Mrs Garrard (face only),
Image ID RFX_047
139. Abberton Water Cart. Eddie Smith holding the horse. The cart was used to supply water to the village from the well under the bakery. Eddie Smith donated land at ...
Image ID RG03_353
140. A Primrose Bus in 1920 parked in High Street near the entrance to Captains Road prior to leaving on a school trip to London Zoo. Headmaster Mr. Green with the ...
Date: 19 July 1920
Image ID RG03_445
141. Mersea Strood. Barge NELLIE PARKER in centre. Berrys' Gilford Model 1680T 31 seat Coach VX7875, purchased by Eastern National in 1937 Fleet No 3701.
Date: Before 1931
Image ID RG03_471
142. Primrose Bus No. 5. Bob Woodward and Alf Stacey.
Image ID RG03_475
143. Primrose Bus to Mersea in St. Johns Street, Colchester before 1925. Fred Chatters second from the right.
Date: Before 1925
Image ID RG03_477
144. Dennis lorry VW5608 at Goldhanger when owned by A. Tredget. Ex Clifford White & Co. Ex Horace Martin.
L-R Bob Deal, Sid Sherwood.
Image ID RG03_481
145. Mersea Island Primrose Straker Squire bus LH9097 at War Memorial, West Mersea.
Used in "Just the Ticket" by David Thornton, Plate 20.
Also used in Motor ...
Image ID RG03_485
146. Traction Engine. A regular visitor to West Mersea with the fair before the war. John Barker's Burrell No 3847 (CL4483) of 1920. 'Princess Marina' at Foxhall ...
Date: 11 April1933
Image ID RG03_487
147. Coast Road by West Mersea Yacht Club. Eastern National bus waiting to leave for Colchester. Regatta Day. Joyce Pontyfix.
Date: cAugust 1947
Image ID RG03_495
148. Mersea Island entry winnner in Colchester Carnival Cup competition. "Once aboard the lugger". Coal cart from Clifford White & Co. On the boat are William Wyatt, ...
Image ID RG03_635
149. Drivers and conductors at the Eastern National bus station at West Mersea, the day before the depot closed in 1973. Originally built for Primrose buses, it is ...
Date: 30 March 1973
Image ID RG03_BUS_001
150. Eastern National Bus Station, High Street, West Mersea.
Date: c30 March 1973
Image ID RG03_BUS_003