1. Earthquake 1884. Went's Mill, Peldon.
From left, Peldon Steam Mill, Windmill and Peldon Mill House damaged by the "Colchester Earthquake" of 2 April 1884 ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID ALS_C20_063
2. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
3. The Church, Peldon. Postcard by S.C. White, West Mersea, not used.
Image ID CW5_103
4. Ernest and Kate Wyncoll had the bungalow, Goodwyn, built on the Mersea Road, Peldon, the name being an amalgam of their names Goody and Wyncoll. Later their ...
Image ID GWC_021
5. 'The Plough' and village pump, Peldon.
Image ID HAY_RON_002
6. Pyefleet House at the Peldon end of the Strood, showing damage from the 1884 earthquake. The house should have 3 chimneys - only one remains and this has ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID IA004741
7. Peldon Rose. Postcard mailed October 1906.
The picture appears in "Motor Buses in East Anglia 1901-1931" by D.E. Brewster, 1974, with the ...
Image ID IA004901
8. Peldon School House. It was on the east end of the school. We do not know the people or the date of the picture. The damage in the brickwork that has been ...
Image ID MCH_005
9. Peldon Church - a postcard by Hammond of Great Totham..
For a history of the church, see ...
Image ID MMC_P755_112
10. Pete Tye Farm House. The house was demolished in the late 1960s.
Image ID PH01_033
11. Stained glass window in the north nave of Peldon Church in memory of Peter Miller.
The complete window is on the left of the picture and the detailed centre on ...
Image ID PH01_081
12. Peldon Forge and Tronoh House on Peldon Common.
Image ID PH01_105
13. Peldon Post Office, Rose Cottage, probably decorated for the Coronation.
Date: cJune 1953
Image ID PH01_121
14. Police House, Peldon.
Image ID PH01_125
15. Winnie and Dora standing outside Hill House, Peldon, with their father Alfred Mason.
The two sisters, Winnie, Mr Hipson and Dora Mr Cowell and moved to ...
Image ID PH01_149
16. St Mary's Parish Church, Peldon, with the chancel blocked off.
It was 'condemned' by a surveyor as being unsafe in 1939, just as WW2 had begun. His advice ...
Image ID PH01_163
17. Purlu, Lower Road, Peldon. Louisa and Percy Christmas and their two children Cyril and Joan.
Image ID PH01_FEN_003
18. Honeysuckle Cottage, Lower Road, Peldon
Date: 23 June 2014
Image ID PH01_HSC_003
19. This Indenture made the twelfth day of August one thousand eight hundred and seventy one between James Peachey of Peldon in the county of Essex husbandman and ...
Date: 12 August 1871
Image ID PH01_HSC_015
20. Kemps Farm in the early 1930s. Photo sent by Anne Lee nee Wooldridge whose grandfather and father farmed Kemps farm between the early thirties and late fifties.
Image ID PH01_KSF_001
21. Kemps Farm and pond, Peldon
Image ID PH01_KSF_003
22. Kemps Farm, Peldon barn and pond
Image ID PH01_KSF_005
23. Kemps Farm, Peldon.
Image ID PH01_KSF_007
24. Kemps Farm, Peldon.
Image ID PH01_KSF_009
25. Interior of Kemps Farm, Peldon.
Image ID PH01_KSF_013
26. Kemps Farm, Peldon weatherboarded.
Image ID PH01_KSF_017
27. Kemps Farm, Peldon. Weatherboarded early on.
Image ID PH01_KSF_019
28. Maurice Wooldridge, Kemps Farm, Peldon.
Image ID PH01_KSF_021
29. Kemps Farm, Peldon.
Image ID PH01_KSF_023
30. Kemps Farm, Peldon.
Image ID PH01_KSF_031