1. Home from yachting, Tollesbury. Postcard written 11 January 1916.
Date: Before 1916
Image ID CG12_115
2. Owners and Crew of yawl yacht WANDERER.
Owners: Messrs. Albert & William Brooks
Skipper: Alfred Redgewell of Tollesbury
Douglas Gurton says ...
Image ID CG6_205
3. Tollesbury Sailing Club - Brightlingsea Sailing Club arrive the same time as the Gooseberry Pie.
Walter Bibby and Charles Pewter holding the Gooseberry ...
Image ID DJG_PIE_013
4. DWYN WEN.
Back L-R 1. Christopher Elmer, 2., 3., 4. Daniel Clarke.
Middle row 1. Isaac Rice Junior (with 3 rings on sleeve), 2., 3. John ...
Image ID DWS_033
5. Robert Appleton Account book. 1908 - 1909.
[Robert] 3 Oct 1908 27 Mar 1909 fivefingers. Started yachting 29 Mar 1909.
[MAGNOLIA] 3 October 1908 - 27 ...
Date: 3 October 1908
Image ID DWS_APQ_007
6. Robert Appleton Account book.
28 May 1921 - 3 Aug 1924 wages etc.
27 Jun 1921 Salvage awards
1922 MORWEN II
3 Jan 1923 Prize ...
Date: 28 May 1921
Image ID DWS_APQ_021
7. The Aberdeen Line Triple S.S. DEMOSTHENES. She was built 1911 for the service to South Africa and Australia, and scrapped in 1931. 11,223 tons gross. Official ...
Image ID PBIB_APP_258
8. An interesting but unidentified yacht - a photo in the Appleton family album.
Image ID PBIB_APP_281
9. Yacht SUNSHINE R.V.Y.C. - an unidentified member of the crew.
Image ID PBIB_SH1_001
10. Yacht SUNSHINE R.V.Y.C. - an unidentified member of the crew.
Image ID PBIB_SH1_003
11. Thought to be Ernest Appleton, Jenny Bibby's grandfather, who was Mate on SUNSHINE.
Image ID PBIB_SH1_005
12. Tollesbury Sailing Club - newspaper report on Whitsun sailing.
Date: 9 June 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_001
13. FIREFLY rounds the home buoy. Tollesbury Sailing Club.
Date: cJune 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_003
14. DOODLEBUG and UGLY DUCKLING running close. Tollesbury Sailing Club.
Date: cJune 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_007
15. Peace Celebrations Race, Tollesbury Sailing Club, August Monday.
Date: August 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_009