Images for Category Families-->FrenchFound 14 images - displaying 1 to 14
1. The staff of Gowen & Company sail loft at West Mersea, about 1920. L to R Charlie Woods, A.A. Gowen, Kenneth A.L. Gowen, Miss Gertie French (Mrs Stanley...
Image ID BOXD_012_001_001
2. Gowens at West Mersea in the early or mid 1960s.
Back row Harold Field, Claude Green, John Benns, Beat Green, Colin Anstey, John Wareing, Vic Pullen,...
Image ID DEP_GOW_003
3. Gowen & Co., Mersea. Jack Gurton, Ernie Ponder, Freddy French [Nancy Smith].
Image ID DEP_GOW_021
4. Mr & Mrs Alfred Hewes. Married 1916.
15 March 1916 Keturah Elizabeth French married James Alfred Hewes at West Mersea Parish Church.
Date: March 1916
Image ID DHA_021
5. Uncle Dub French. Photo by Walter Studio, 147 Newark Ave., Jersey City, N.J.
Image ID DHA_063
6. Union Chapel outing, probably aborad a smack belonging to the Vince Family. [Owen Fletcher].
Alfie Mole extreme right.
Peter Rudlin thinks the smack...
Image ID FL10_020_005
7. Mersea Prefects 1954. Summer Term. Headmaster Mr C.R. Westcott.
Back row L-R 1. Victor Ponder (Peldon), Geoff Carter (Abberton), 3. Roy Bloomfield, 4. Alan...
Date: cJuly 1954
Image ID IA01_SCH_021
8. Semprini opening Mersea Museum
L-R Peter French - Trustee, Stanley Hills, Myrtle Hills, Semprini.
Photograph used in Evening Gazette 13 September...
Date: 11 September 1976
Image ID MF05_010
9. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1996. Page 10.
A Real Mersea Character. Leslie French, who died in August 1995. This article by...
Date: January 1996
Image ID MIS_1996_024
10. West Mersea St John Ambulance Division.
L to R Back Row: Vic Sams, Hugh Hearsum, Hugh Pullen, Reg Jay, Horace Mole.
Front Row: Alfie Boon, Miss Freda...
Image ID MMC_P788_C
11. The Memories of a Mersea Oysterman, by Leslie French.
First published by Leslie French 1985.
Republished with pictures and a new Foreword, by Mersea...
Image ID MPUB_LFR_001
12. Memories of a Mersea Oysterman by Leslie French. Back Cover.
Image ID MPUB_LFR_032
13. Coast Road group on Green. Mr Jim Mussett on back 1. 'Juggy' (Edward) French-(His father was 'Buttons' (William) French 2. ?? Green 3. 'Hoppy' (George) Hewes 4....
Image ID PA1_MST_AB1_PIC26
14. Mersea oysterman Daniel French speaking on Anglia TV News, 15 February 2017. Daniel found timbers in the mud off Coopers Beach, East Mersea. They are believed...
Date: 15 February 2017
Image ID VV010612_003