1. The staff of Gowen & Company sail loft at West Mersea, about 1920. L to R Charlie Woods, A.A. Gowen, Kenneth A.L. Gowen, Miss Gertie French (Mrs Stanley...
Image ID BOXD_012_001_001
2. Gowens at West Mersea in the early or mid 1960s.
Back row Harold Field, Claude Green, John Benns, Beat Green, Colin Anstey, John Wareing, Vic Pullen,...
Image ID DEP_GOW_003
3. Gowen & Co., Mersea. Jack Gurton, Ernie Ponder, Freddy French [Nancy Smith].
Image ID DEP_GOW_021
4. Mersea Prefects 1954. Summer Term. Headmaster Mr C.R. Westcott.
Back row L-R 1. Victor Ponder (Peldon), Geoff Carter (Abberton), 3. Roy Bloomfield, 4. Alan...
Date: cJuly 1954
Image ID IA01_SCH_021
5. Semprini opening Mersea Museum
L-R Peter French - Trustee, Stanley Hills, Myrtle Hills, Semprini.
Photograph used in Evening Gazette 13 September...
Date: 11 September 1976
Image ID MF05_010
6. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1996. Page 10.
A Real Mersea Character. Leslie French, who died in August 1995. This article by...
Date: January 1996
Image ID MIS_1996_024
7. West Mersea St John Ambulance Division.
L to R Back Row: Vic Sams, Hugh Hearsum, Hugh Pullen, Reg Jay, Horace Mole.
Front Row: Alfie Boon, Miss Freda...
Image ID MMC_P788_C
8. The Memories of a Mersea Oysterman, by Leslie French.
First published by Leslie French 1985.
Republished with pictures and a new Foreword, by Mersea...
Image ID MPUB_LFR_001
9. Memories of a Mersea Oysterman by Leslie French. Back Cover.
Image ID MPUB_LFR_032