Images for Category Families-->FrenchFound 23 images - displaying 1 to 23
1. The staff of Gowen & Company sail loft at West Mersea, about 1920. L to R Charlie Woods, A.A. Gowen, Kenneth A.L. Gowen, Miss Gertie French (Mrs Stanley...
Image ID BOXD_012_001_001
2. Gowens at West Mersea in the early or mid 1960s.
Back row Harold Field, Claude Green, John Benns, Beat Green, Colin Anstey, John Wareing, Vic Pullen,...
Image ID DEP_GOW_003
3. Gowen & Co., Mersea. Jack Gurton, Ernie Ponder, Freddy French [Nancy Smith].
Image ID DEP_GOW_021
4. Mr & Mrs Alfred Hewes. Married 1916.
15 March 1916 Keturah Elizabeth French married James Alfred Hewes at West Mersea Parish Church.
Date: March 1916
Image ID DHA_021
5. Uncle Dub French. Photo by Walter Studio, 147 Newark Ave., Jersey City, N.J.
Image ID DHA_063
6. School group.
Back row L-R 1. 'Buzzer' Osborne, 2., 3. 'Dewi' D'Wit, 4., 5. Edwin Woods. 6. Jenkins, 7. Dan Hearsum 8. Tommy Cole 9., 10. Nathan Hoy, 11....
Image ID FL01_025_001
7. Army at Port Bower on Yorick Road during WW1. L-R Gert French, Ethel French, Billy French, Alice Hewes, Norah French (née Gant) Bert French.
Image ID FL02_046_002
8. Back Mrs William Stoker, Mrs Ena Edwards
Front Bert French.
From Album 2.
Image ID FL02_062_001
9. Wedding of Samuel James Mills and Nellie French. The happy couple, surrounded by family and friends, are posing for a group photograph at the top of Victory...
Date: 31 May 1919
Image ID FL02_065_001
10. Back John Frost, Jeff Carter, Nick Webb, David Vince, Roy Bloomfield, Alan Weaver.
Front Pixie Farthing, Shirley Fenn, Pauline French, Jennifer Mills,...
Image ID FL03_037_003
11. L-R Jennifer Mills, Brenda Pettican (Peldon), Pauline French, Shirley Fenn, Pamela Coates (Peldon), Lilian Mills.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_038_001
12. Jeff Carter, Pauline French, Alan Weaver.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_038_002
13. Wedding of Stanley Farthing and Gertrude French.
L-R Sybil Quigley née Farthing, Stanley 'bump' Farthing, Gergrude Farthing, Ernie Thorpe, Norah...
Date: 1 July 1933
Image ID FL04_009_002
14. Union Chapel outing, probably aborad a smack belonging to the Vince Family. [Owen Fletcher].
Alfie Mole extreme right.
Peter Rudlin thinks the smack...
Image ID FL10_020_005
15. Mersea Prefects 1954. Summer Term. Headmaster Mr C.R. Westcott.
Back row L-R 1. Victor Ponder (Peldon), Geoff Carter (Abberton), 3. Roy Bloomfield, 4. Alan...
Date: cJuly 1954
Image ID IA01_SCH_021
16. Semprini opening Mersea Museum
L-R Peter French - Trustee, Stanley Hills, Myrtle Hills, Semprini.
Photograph used in Evening Gazette 13 September...
Date: 11 September 1976
Image ID MF05_010
17. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1996. Page 10.
A Real Mersea Character. Leslie French, who died in August 1995. This article by...
Date: January 1996
Image ID MIS_1996_024
18. West Mersea St John Ambulance Division.
L to R Back Row: Vic Sams, Hugh Hearsum, Hugh Pullen, Reg Jay, Horace Mole.
Front Row: Alfie Boon, Miss Freda...
Image ID MMC_P788_C
19. The Memories of a Mersea Oysterman, by Leslie French.
First published by Leslie French 1985.
Republished with pictures and a new Foreword, by Mersea...
Image ID MPUB_LFR_001
20. Memories of a Mersea Oysterman by Leslie French. Back Cover.
Image ID MPUB_LFR_032
21. Coast Road group on Green. Mr Jim Mussett on back 1. 'Juggy' (Edward) French-(His father was 'Buttons' (William) French 2. ?? Green 3. 'Hoppy' (George) Hewes 4....
Image ID PA1_MST_AB1_PIC26
22. Mersea oysterman Daniel French speaking on Anglia TV News, 15 February 2017. Daniel found timbers in the mud off Coopers Beach, East Mersea. They are believed...
Date: 15 February 2017
Image ID VV010612_003
23. West Mersea Church Gazette page 6.
Church and City Notes
"Our religious and gracious Queen" - and these adjectives are no mere flattering terms...
Date: February 1900
Image ID WMCG_1900_002_040