1. Taken near the beginning of last century, from Church Road.
The only building in Coast Road is the pair of weatherboard cottages opposite St Peter's Well....
Image ID AA000000
2. West Mersea Fire Brigade's team of five who won the Essex County Brigade's quiz for Retained Firemen in Chelmsford.
L-R Gordon Allen, Alec Garnham, Joe...
Date: 17 February 1958
Image ID ALN_FIR_015
3. West Mersea Fire Brigade - Fordson Thames fire engine GLC534 being replaced with new Dodge 758JNO. Outside the Melrose Road Fire Station.
L-R 1. Oscar...
Date: April 1957
Image ID ALN_JNO_003
4. Frederick Herbert Smith and Herbert Marrow with Fred G. Smith delivery van. It is a Morris, registration BVW367. The door advertises Lyons Cakes. Phone Number...
Image ID ALS_C20_019
5. The mill in Mill Road, West Mersea.
Image ID ALS_WHI_051
6. Peter Moss Mussett, born on 6 December 1878 at West Mersea, his mother was Caroline Mussett (born 1856 - died 1937) no father's name for Peter's birth...
Image ID ANC_001
7. Leonard Trim 1925-1965
Image ID ATR_TRM_101
8. The staff of Gowen & Company sail loft at West Mersea, about 1920. L to R Charlie Woods, A.A. Gowen, Kenneth A.L. Gowen, Miss Gertie French (Mrs Stanley...
Image ID BOXD_012_001_001
9. East Mersea Ferryman - Mr Horatio Mole of East Mersea who will shortly complete half a century of service as ferryman at East Mersea. He crosses at all times...
Image ID CMA_007
10. S.C. White, Draper and Grocer's shop. Peldon
Edgar Charles Dansie and Leonard Dansie ?
Date: Before 1916
Image ID CMW_BDG_003
11. Samuel Cant White in family group c1897.
Back row 1. May 2. Frederick 3. Clifford
Middle row 4. Grace 5. Samuel Cant 6. Katie 7. Horace
Image ID CMW_FAM_037
12. White family wedding group.
Image ID CMW_FAM_039
13. Samuel Cant White and his granddaughters Connie and Phyllis White, daughters of Horace white and Margaret Goymer.
Photograph used by Alan Smith in 'Smiths...
Image ID CMW_FAM_043
14. The Croft, Melrose Road, West Mersea. Home of Clifford White and Family.
Image ID CMW_FAM_203
15. Riverside House, West Mersea. Later 118 Coast Road.
[ In 1911 Census Riverside House was the home of William and Martha Stoker].
Image ID CMW_FAM_207
16. Funeral of John Hewes passing Griffon Garage. Clifford White (undertaker) and Rev Pierrepont-Edwards. Mr Gethen driving hearse. George 'Hoppy' Hewes, Dubby...
Image ID CMW_UTK_003
17. Bob and Kathleen Bisco. Behind are Steve Bisco and William Wilder (a friend of Mark Dixon). Carol Dixon's wedding.
Date: 25 February 1967
Image ID CW2_WED_0228A
18. Gowens at West Mersea in the early or mid 1960s.
Back row Harold Field, Claude Green, John Benns, Beat Green, Colin Anstey, John Wareing, Vic Pullen,...
Image ID DEP_GOW_003
19. Gowens sailmakers. L-R Colin Anstey, Daphne Hewes (on floor). Claude Green (behind Daphne), Stanley French, John Wareing, George Freer (on floor), Ernie Ponder,...
Image ID DEP_GOW_007
20. Gowen & Co., Mersea. Jack Gurton, Ernie Ponder, Freddy French [Nancy Smith].
Image ID DEP_GOW_021
21. Mrs Trim, mother of Dorothy Gauden [caption on back of photograph].
This is Rebecca Trim née Dale, born about 1846 in Colchester. Her parents were at...
Image ID DGD_037
22. Women's Land Army Release Certificate for Miss Joan B. Pullen.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_119
23. The earliest photograph lent for the 2009 Marriage Display was of the marriage in 1903 of Arthur Moore Lord (Ralph Lord's grandfather) and Ellen Isabel Pates....
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_049
24. Wedding of Edith Margaret (Peggy - née Marriage) and Linden Le Marquand. The reception was held at Weir Farm and the photograph shows a group sitting...
Date: 17 August 1944
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_057
25. Wedding of Edith Margaret née Marriage and Linden Le Marquand. The reception was held at Weir Farm and the photograph shows a group outside:
Date: 17 August 1944
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_059
26. Wedding of Edith Margaret (Peggy - née Marriage) and Linden Le Marquand. The reception was held at Weir Farm and the photograph shows a group outside.
Date: 17 August 1944
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_060
27. Horace Mole. Stephen Horace Mole was in 2nd Battalion 'The Rifles' (The Prince Consorts Own ), Rfn 3581, enlisted 30 December 1909 and discharged 2 February...
Image ID DPR_003
28. Hector Farthing left. Alfred Mole right. Hector worked for Clifford White.
From Album 2.
Image ID FL02_059_002
29. Tom Marriage 26 June 1896 to 5 May 1896.
The back of another copy of this photograph reads:
Tom. Wounded Arras April 3rd 1917. Left leg amputated 19th...
Image ID GCL_TMA_001
30. Girl Guides - Camp 1934. Peggie Marriage.
Image ID GG01_017_007