Images for Mersea-->SchoolsFound 169 images - displaying 1 to 30 - page 1.
1. History of Education at West Mersea by Alec Grant - Cover.
Image ID AG02_001
2. West Mersea School around 1907.
Back row L-R 1. Ivy Mussett, 2. E... Woolf, 3. Annie Boon, 4. Balls, 5. Maud Dixon, 6. Daisy Mussett, 7. B.. Cook, 8. ...
Image ID ALS_BRD_011
3. A school trip from West Mersea to London Zoo, July 1920. Primrose Bus. Headmaster Mr Green is standing on the stairs wearing a black trilby. Note the ...
Date: 19 July 1920
Image ID ALS_WHI_013
4. Top Chapel in Mill Road, West Mersea. The building on the left at the end of the drive was a very early school on the island. The Congregational Church is now ...
Date: Before May 1905
Image ID ALS_WHI_031
5. School Group 1920.
Back row Miss Polly Wright, Bert Hardy, ?, Bert Chatters
Centre row 1. Pinny Inward, 2. Din Hoy, 3. Bobby Stoker, 4. Green (Josie's ...
Image ID AN03_004_003
6. West Mersea School Group
Image ID AN03_004_005
7. 1958 - 1959 West Mersea School Concert at the British Legion.
L-R Susan Fahie, Carol Wignall, Marina Hewes, Sarah Vince, Judy Farthing, Sheila Slowgrove, ...
Image ID AWA_061
8. Netball or Rounders team at West Mersea School 1958 - 1959.
Back row: Wendy Stubbings, Marlene Fletcher, Shirley Ward (Teacher). Christine Russell, ...
Image ID AWA_063
9. School group - but may not be Mersea.
Image ID CMW_SCH_001
10. West Mersea Schools and School House. Cleghorn Series postcard. The gentleman sitting in the deck chair in the field would now be in the middle of the Co-op ...
Image ID CW3_013
11. West Mersea School, with one of Berry's buses going up Barfield Road.
Owen Fletcher wrote:
"According to my mother, the gate to the left in the school ...
Image ID CW3_015
12. West Mersea School.
Front row 2nd left Gladys Wyatt, 5th left Hilda Stoker. Hilda Stoker was the mother of Dorothy Brown, donor of the ...
Image ID DB17_003
13. West Mersea School - Beatty Ship
Back row L-R 1., 2., 3., 4. Syd Milgate, 5. Len Pullen, 6. Pug Greenleaf, 7., 8., 9. Mr Wilkinson Headmaster
Image ID DB18_001.
14. East Mersea School in the 1930s.
L-R 1: Phyllis Richer 2: Joyce Marriage 3: Elsie Goodrum 4: Harold Johnson 5: Maurice Johnson 6: Charles Farthing 7: ...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_082
15. Scholars' Presentation. On Saturday afternoon, April 15, in the Schoolroom at East Mersea, Mrs A. Martin was presented by scholars, past and present, of East ...
Date: 22 April 1939
Image ID DM1_AB2_055_004
16. West Mersea School sports.
Image ID DS01_001
17. West Mersea School, Summer 1968.
Back row L-R 1. Chris Pod, 2. Paul Burridge, 3. Hubert Seifert, 4. Rick Page, 5. Steven Woods, 6. Richard Argent ?, 7. ...
Date: cJuly 1968
Image ID DS01_007
18. West Mersea School Staff.
Back row 1. Daphne Shelton, 2. Mrs Thomas, 3. Mr Stuart, 4. Pat French, 5. Mrs Sellars ?, 6. ?
Middle row 1. Freda Smith, 2. ...
Date: June 1970
Image ID DS01_009
19. West Mersea School trip to London.
Date: 24 June 1968
Image ID DS03_101
20. Children from West Mersea watching the helicopter which landed in the school grounds to collect supplies for the ships cut off in the River ...
Date: 1 February 1963
Image ID ECS_1963_FEB01_012
21. School group.
Back row L-R 1. Vic Hewes, 2. Len Chatters, 3. Sid Burgess, 4. Francis Smith, 5. Ron Chatters ?, 6. Vincent Thorp, 7. Bert Mussett, 8. Violet ...
Image ID FL01_003_002
22. West Midlands County Primary "Drake" Team.
Back row L-R 1. Arthur Pudney, 2. A. Deeks, 3. Hugh Hearsum, 4. Joe Mussett, 5. Eddie Parkin, 6. Jim Cook, 7. ...
Image ID FL01_004_001
23. West Mersea School Group 4 approx 1902. Mr John Thorp was Headmaster at this time - Mr W. Woods, the other teacher, was killed when playing football. He was ...
Image ID FL01_005_001
24. West Mersea 1920 ?, All School (from chalk board).
Back row 1., 2., 3. Bill Cole.
3rd row 1. Mrs Davis (teacher), 2., 3. Donald Thorp., 4., 5., 6. ...
Image ID FL01_010_001
25. West Mersea School Nelson 1924 / 1925.
Back row 1. Ernest Hempstead, 2. Wilfred Carter, 3. Joe Hewes, 4. Jack Cudmore, 5. Jack Hutcheson [ Hutchings ?}, 6. ...
Image ID FL01_026_001
26. West Mersea School group.
Back row 1. Maurice Jay, 2. George Humm, 3. 'Cromer' Russell (Salmon), 4. ?, 5. Jack Hoy, 6. Jeff (Joss) Green, 7. Alfie (Alfred) ...
Image ID FL02_014_002
27. On left, Mr Joe Wilkinson, one time Gardening and Science Teacher at West Mersea County Primary School. The other gentleman is Mr Toombs and wife, former ...
Image ID FL02_015_001
28. Back row: E. Hucklesby Mrs Chesney Mr Ambridge, B. Jowers, Mrs Dennis, Miss Aldrdige, Myrddin Davies, Freda Keene, Mrs Baker (Secretary), Glynnis Johnson, Miss ...
Date: Before 1953
Image ID FL03_037_001
29. Back E. Hucklesby, John Jowers, Bridget Jowers, Myrddin J. Davies, Miss Aldridge, Mr Ambridge, Ida South, Miss Keene, Mrs Cheshire - Mr Westcott (Headmaster), ...
Image ID FL03_037_002
30. L-R Jennifer Mills, Brenda Pettican (Peldon), Pauline French, Shirley Fenn, Pamela Coates (Peldon), Lilian Mills.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_038_001