1. High tide at the Strood. Barnaby and Amy Smith
Image ID DAB_FRM_005
2. High tide at the Strood. Barnaby and Amy Smith. Note the jogger in the background.
Image ID DAB_FRM_041
3. Dabchicks Sailing Club, West Mersea
Photo supplied by Sue and Paddy Ryan.
Date: c29 July 2005
Image ID DORY_DAB_004
4. Dabchicks Sailing Club. Clubhouse.
Date: 30 March 2008
Image ID MLD_DAB_001
5. The Dabchicks at Point Clear - Brightlingsea for the Paula Cup, probably 1949.
Leo Michael-Smith is 4th from left on second row.
Image ID MMC_P668_011
6. Dabchicks Sailing Club at Bradwell 1947/8
Image ID MMC_P668_030
7. West Mersea - Dabchicks Sailing Club and the Old Victory. The Dabchicks Club House is the stage 2 building, built 1961-63. Postcard.
Date: After 1962
Image ID PA1_CLR_AB2_PIC30
8. Dabchicks Sailing Club - first clubhouse, opened in 1955 and replaced 1961-63.
Date: Before 1963
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB2
9. Opening of new clubhouse by Winnie Michael-Smith in 1955. L-R 'Bunny' Unwin (sailing sec) Bill Wyatt & Bruce Rainbird (Com)
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB3
10. 1920s. Dabchicks dinner in Hall Barn
Image ID PA1_DAB_DAB6
11. Dabchicks at Bradwell. West Mersea Dabchicks at the Green Man 1948 L-R Top Row Sid Sherwood, Billy Johnson, Joe Hewes, Leo M-S, Reg Hempstead, Peter Mason L-R...
Image ID PA1_MIL_AB1_PIC14
12. Dabchicks first rescue boat during the 1962 Blackwater Barge Match.
L-R Franki Drinkall, Dad & Mum Drinkall, Bev Drinkall.
Laid up Shell tanker in...
Image ID RG03_489
13. Ron Green and John Green. Ron writes "This is 1955, brother John and I took a fair slice of the trophies that year. John was always the skipper and I was the...
Date: 7 October 1955
Image ID RG03_DAB_003
14. West Mersea winkle brig KATE racing in one of the early races of the Dabchicks Sailing Club. She was built for William Trim. 1930s.
Used in The Salty Shore...
Image ID RG11_125