1. Mrs Alice Bond, lived in Old Post Office Cottages, Layer Breton
Image ID CLB_003
2. Bond Family wedding in Colchester
Image ID CLB_025
3. Bond Family
Image ID CLB_027
4. Low water at Abberton Reservoir, taken from the Layer Breton road. This is the bridge on the old road from before the reservoir construction.
Image ID DBO_212
5. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, pages 62 and 63.
Layer de la Haye
Image ID MAW_P062
6. Edgy Bond repairing a bicycle. He kept a grocery and cycle shop on Layer Breton Hill.
Image ID MBO_001
7. Edgy Bond from Layer Breton
Essex County Standard photograph.
Image ID MBO_003
8. Mrs Edgy Bond with grandsons Michael Bond on her knee and his brother Nigel on the right.
Image ID MBO_005
9. Icicles ! Edgy Bond at the door into his old workshop, to the rear of the old store on Layer Breton Hill, in the late 1980s.
Image ID MBO_011
10. Icicles ! Edgy Bond at the door into his old workshop, to the rear of the old store on Layer Breton Hill, in the late 1980s.
Image ID MBO_013
11. Pat Cole, Lewis Bond and Clifford Bond. They are Mick Bond's Aunt, Uncle and Father. Layer Breton, Essex.
Image ID MBO_021
12. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 2005 Page 30.
Crime Writer's Link with Mersea by Sylvia Gower.
Last year saw the centenary of the ...
Date: February 2005
Image ID MIS_2005_032
13. Abberton Reservoir - low water and the old Layer Breton road showing.
Accession No. P1005 14.
Date: Before 1984
Image ID MMC_P1005_014
14. Layer Breton Church in Glebe Barn as at 1906 with furniture from the old Parish Church. Rector Rev. Francis Owston, a former rector of St. Peter & St. Paul, ...
Image ID MMC_P1077F_101
15. 1908 - tombstone of Rev. Francis Owston, Rector of Layer Breton church, and formerly of St. Peter and St. Paul, West Mersea. Francis Owston died 16 April ...
Image ID MMC_P1077F_103
16. Enjoying a pint outside the Hare and Hounds.
L-R 1. Harry Fisher, 2. Les Taylor, 3., 4. Alf Mead, 5. Jimmy Featherstone, 6., 7. Nelson Whybrow, 8. Billy ...
Image ID PBA_141_001
17. Horse and tumbril (tip up cart) belonging to F. Taylor, Layer Breton, Essex.
Image ID PBA_179_GGG
18. It's a sunny day in January, so
A hunting we well go - children as well.
On Layer Breton Heath outside the Hare and Hounds.
Date: 8 January 1957
Image ID PBC_012_003
19. Layer Breton Post Office.
Original postcard written 3 Oct 1905 at Layer Breton Heath to Mrs J. Roper, 22 Hallifield Street, Norton-on-Tees, Durham
Date: Before October 1905
Image ID RG25_585
20. Birch and Layer Breton Womens' Institute Diamond Jubilee.
Layer Breton Hall. Alan Mansfield on left.
Date: 8 June 1978
Image ID SDH_BWI_013
21. Plan of Wick Farm, Layer Marney. Probably dated 1959, but based on an earlier 6inch Ordnance Survey map showing villages of Layer Marney, Birch and Layer ...
Image ID TBM_009_001
22. Layer Breton old and new churches.
Old closed in 102, demolished 1915
New built 1922-23. Consecrated 16 November 1923
Drawings by T.B. Millatt
Image ID TBM_LBR_005
23. Layer Breton church plans, drawn by T.B. Millatt
Top the old church, demolished 1915
Bottom the new church, built 1923
Image ID TBM_LBR_007
24. Lords of the Manor of Layer Breton, compiled by T.B. Millatt
11th Century Ralph Peveril overlord: Turold underlord
12th - 15th Century Breton Family: ...
Image ID TBM_LBR_021
25. Map of Layer Breton by T.B. Millatt
Image ID TBM_LBR_023
26. Layer Breton Roll of Honour
Image ID TBM_ROH_003