1. First Ladies Race at Brightlingsea.
Top Miss K. Poole delighted at winning a Second Prize in JUMBO II, Jack Maltby's new B.O.D.C.
Bottom - A study of the...
Image ID BOX058_003_001
2. Brightlingsea One-Design SYBIL (No.5), later TILLER GIRL, owned at one time by John Leather, followed by MILDRED (7) (later EDWINA) and EGRET (8) --- inset...
Image ID BOXA1_035_001_001
3. William Wyatt, of West Mersea, sets up the gaff mainsail, preferred to a lug by Mersea men even for their little winkle brigs. [Last Stronghold of Sail page...
Image ID BOXP_100_010
4. A. Dumas [caption on back].
Image ID CLT_DUM_001
5. West Mersea One Design PRAWN. Photograph is undated but in the 1920s.
Image ID CLT_WMOD_005
6. High tide at the Strood. Barnaby and Amy Smith
Image ID DAB_FRM_005
7. High tide at the Strood. Barnaby and Amy Smith. Note the jogger in the background.
Image ID DAB_FRM_041
8. BUZZING BEE formerly KALI or KHALI. West Mersea One Design Class.
10ft lug rigged sailing dinghy, designed by Herbert Reiach in 1928. Built in 1930 by...
Date: 3 December 2011
Image ID DIS2011_BEE_001
9. Dabchicks Sailing Club, West Mersea
Photo supplied by Sue and Paddy Ryan.
Date: c29 July 2005
Image ID DORY_DAB_004
10. Mersea Round the Island Race 2014. David Green's boat SUGARSCOOP at the Strood - it was the peak a very high tide and there would have been enough water to sail...
Image ID GRD_RND14_012
11. BUZZING BEE formerly KALI. West Mersea One Design Class.
10ft lug rigged sailing dinghy, designed by Herbert Reiach in 1928. Built in 1930 by Clarke &...
Image ID IA003810
12. MAYBLOSSOM racing in Brixham Heritage Regatta 2012.
New Blossom class, designed by John Leather and built by Patten Bros. Althorne in 1973. Gaff rigged, no...
Date: 2 June 2012
Image ID IA004751
13. Sailing in the Blackwater. The laid up tanker on the left is thought to be ARO which was in the River from 4 July 1975 to November 1978.
Ron Green writes:...
Image ID LH44_036
14. REBEL C27. Brightlingsea One Design.
Image ID PA1_MER_PIC12
15. FIREFLY rounds the home buoy. Tollesbury Sailing Club.
Date: cJune 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_003
16. DOODLEBUG and UGLY DUCKLING running close. Tollesbury Sailing Club.
Date: cJune 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_007
17. Peace Celebrations Race, Tollesbury Sailing Club, August Monday.
Date: August 1946
Image ID PBIB_TSC_009
18. The beach, titled The Esplanade, West Mersea. Postcard by E T W Dennis, mailed 31 August 1921
Date: Before August 1921
Image ID PG2_085
19. High Water at West Mersea. Yachts. Postcard 242015 sent to Miss Winifred Farthing in Essex County Hospital, 1 March 1923.
Date: Before 1 March 1923
Image ID RFX_035
20. West Mersea winkle brig KATE racing in one of the early races of the Dabchicks Sailing Club. She was built for William Trim. 1930s.
Used in The Salty Shore...
Image ID RG11_125