1. The Zeppelin at Little Wigborough - some of the Special Constables involved in arresting the German crew.
From left, Olive Dansie (daughter of Edgar Dansie...
Date: cOctober 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_001
2. Zeppelin L33 - which crashed at Little Wigborough 24 September 1916.
Date: After 24 September 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_005
3. The Song of the King's Head [Great Wigborough]
We are the boys of Wigboroughshire,
We can drink quarts and quarts of...
Date: Before 1939
Image ID CW5_211
4. One of the gondolas of Zeppelin L33 which came down on Little Wigborough September 1916. A portion of the superstructure has been cut away: originally it...
Date: c24 September 1916
Image ID EAM_1953_003_P285_001
5. Barge EVA ANNIE loading trusses of hay from a cart at Abbotts Hall, Salcott Creek. This is not the 'ship dock' but another wharf on the creek.
Image ID KBA_BAR_001
6. Barge EVA ANNIE loading hay at Abbotts Hall, Salcott Creek. This was not the 'ship dock' but another wharf on the creek [Ray Baldwin].
Image ID KBA_BAR_003
7. Kings Head, Wigborough. Photo by T. Hammond, Photo-Artist, Great Totham, Witham.
Image ID MMC_P755_115
8. Little Wigborough church after 1884 earthquake.
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID RG03_629
9. Seaborough House, Little Wigborough
Image ID RG25_201
10. Unknown lady outside Little Wigborough Church. She holds the key to the church door. Who is she ?
Original photograph "American Photo, North St." but...
Image ID SG01_041_001
11. New Hall, Little Wigborough.
Image ID SG01_045_001
12. The Glebe, Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough. The Fenn Family.
Image ID SG01_077_001
13. Fete held in the grounds of Great Wigborough Rectory. 1937? Mary Norrell presenting Lady ? with bouquet.
Mrs Yates, Mrs Wenlock, Mrs Rout, Mrs Percy...
Image ID SG01_079_001
14. Seaborough House, Little Wigborough. The Horton Family.
Image ID SG01_081_001
15. Mr and Mrs Ham, Seaborough Farm, Little Wigborough. Their home from 1932 to 1958.
Image ID SG01_081_009
16. Seaborough House Little Wigborough and the Ham Family. Mr & Mrs, Jimmy and Jean.
Image ID SG01_081_011
17. Great Wigborough church decorated for Harvest Festival.
Image ID SG01_082_001
18. Little Wigborough church decorated for Harvest Festival.
Image ID SG01_082_003
19. The Coronation being celebrated ?
1. Eva Gray, 2. Victor Gray, 3. Marjorie Burrell, 4., 5., 6., 7. William Burrell, 8., 9. Nellie Buckle, 10. Nora Clark, 11....
Image ID SG01_083_003
20. Harvest Supper held in the Essex Barn at New Hall Farm, Little Wigborough, home of Mr Victor gray.
L-R Mr Harold Ponder of Elmdale, Little Wigborough, Mr...
Image ID SG01_083_007
21. The village where nothing ever happens. Little Wigborough. Newspaper cutting - an advert on the back of another copy is dated 1937.
Image ID SG01_084_001
22. Concert performed by Wigborough residents 1952. Venue Peldon Village Hall (the old hall, converted from the former village school).
L-R 1. Ted Clarke, 2....
Image ID SG01_085_003
23. Concert performed by Wigborough residents around 1952.
L-R 1. John Taylor, 2. Nellie Buckle, 3. Ted Clarke, 4. Dorothy Newman, 5. Chrissie Griggs, 6. Mary...
Image ID SG01_085_005
24. Twenty-one year old Ann Baines of Hill Farm, Great Wigborough, has been chosen as Dairy Maid of Witham.
Image ID SG01_086_003
25. Wigborough. L-R Lady and child unknown, Mrs Marjorie Burrell, William Burrell, Mrs Horn holding her son, Sebastian, Mrs Grace Norrell and Mr Geoffrey Horn.
Image ID SG01_088_001
26. Widespread flooding and damage followed storm. Little Wigborough was one of the worst affected villages.
Mrs A. Pooley cleans up some of the furniture...
Date: 5 September 1958
Image ID SG01_088_011
27. Wigborough Show winner. Mr E.L. Bond of Layer Breton.
Great and Little Wigborough annual flower show and vegetable show was held on Saturday at Chestnuts...
Date: 17 July 1965
Image ID SG01_090_001
28. "Thatches", Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough. Now much altered and known as "Bucklands". [ Thatches was sold c1992 and then much extended. ]
Image ID SG01_091_003
29. Jim Rout. There used to be a triangle of grass at the junction of Copt Hall Lane, Little Wigborough, and the main road. The sign post was in the centre of the...
Date: August 1970
Image ID SG01_091_005
30. St Nicholas Church, Little Wigborough. Rev. James Seddon playing the electronic keyboard. The church is decorated for Harvest Festival 1973.
Date: cOctober 1973
Image ID SG01_091_007