1. Paper on Mersea Island read by Dr Philip Laver at AGM of Essex Archaeological Society, map opposite page 2.
Shows W. Mersea, E. Mersea, Bower Hall,...
Date: 26 April 1923
Image ID CW2_EAS_005
2. The Fort, East Mersea. Article on the Blockhouse Fort at East Mersea by L.C. Sier.
Map showing fort and fields in the area. Field names mentioned are Stanes...
Image ID ERV_1921_222_001
3. Firs Estate, West Mersea, Essex. Map to accompany first Firs Estate Sale, 30 October 1902. It does not show the plots included in that sale.
Date: 30 October 1902
Image ID FIRS_1902_101
4. Freehold building plots on the Firs Estate and Queensville, West Mersea - 1908 map.
Sadler's Pasture sold.
There is a second copy of this map in...
Image ID IA003320
5. Chapman and Andre Map of Essex - Mersea and the River Blackwater.
Reproduction of part of A Map of the County of Essex, 1777, by John Chapman and Peter...
Date: 1 October 1777
Image ID IA003370
6. A Map of a Farm consisting of three parcels known by the name of Brick-House Farm in the Parish of West Mersea in the County of Essex. The Property of Mr Jo...
Date: May 1817
Image ID MAP_1817_JMAY
7. Map: Part of plan of Freehold Building Plots on the West Mersea Hall Estate.
Barfield Road, School on the right. Melrose Road is marked Side...
Image ID MAP_1907_FENN_003
8. Mersea Lane. Part of Ordnance Survey 1897 Map Sheet XLVI 8. Stone House bottom left. Sadlers Cottage just above centre right.
Accession No. P876D
Image ID MAP_OS1897_E46_008_001
9. 373 Coast Battery R.A. West Mersea. Map is of a portion of Victoria Esplanade with Willoughby Avenue going north left of centre of map. Kialami in upper centre...
Date: October 1941
Image ID MAP_WW2_001
10. West Mersea Official Guide. Page 18-19. Map of West Mersea. Wm. Allen, The Estate Office.
Image ID MD05_026
11. Mersea Island Directory pages 10 and 11.
Street map of West Mersea
Copyright David Cooper 1991.
Date: August 1991
Image ID MD1991_010
12. Mersea Island Directory 1981 Page 10-11. Street map of West Mersea.
Image ID MD1981_010
13. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. Winter 1973 / 1974 Page 10.
Recollections and Reflections by Fred Scott contd.
Farms on Mersea Island...
Image ID MIS_1974_012
14. West Mersea Hall estate, property of Thomas May, 1817. A 3ft x 2ft approx map donated by Mrs Catt, Norfolk. The map was "Taken in May 1817 by William Downes,...
Date: May 1817
Image ID MMC_P1077A_005
15. Chart of River Blackwater compiled and drawn 1912 by W S Draycott for Royal Cruising Club. Shown in Mersea Museum 2009 summer exhibition.
Image ID PA1_MUS_MAP_BLACKWATER
16. Mersea Island Ordnance Survey
Image ID PA1_MUS_MAP_OS_1898
| || |