1. Earthquake 1884. Went's Mill, Peldon.
From left, Peldon Steam Mill, Windmill and Peldon Mill House damaged by the "Colchester Earthquake" of 2 April 1884 ...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID ALS_C20_063
2. The Zeppelin at Little Wigborough - some of the Special Constables involved in arresting the German crew.
From left, Olive Dansie (daughter of Edgar Dansie ...
Date: cOctober 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_001
3. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
4. Smack KATE. Built 1883, registered at times as MN81, CK139, CK52. Photograph at Peldon.
Image ID CML_007
5. Smacks at Peldon. The nearest is SHAMROCK.
Image ID CML_013
6. S.C. White, Draper and Grocer's shop. Peldon
Edgar Charles Dansie and Leonard Dansie ?
Date: Before 1916
Image ID CMW_BDG_003
7. The Church, Peldon. Postcard by S.C. White, West Mersea, not used.
Image ID CW5_103
8. Harry Ponder. Harry lived in Hillside Cottage, Church Road, Peldon, and worked at either Copt Hall or Abbott's Wick farm. Born c1882.
Image ID DEP_051
9. Land Girls Edna Smy nee Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb or Bunny Reynolds (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
10. Edna Smy nee Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130
11. History of the Bean Family
Sir Walter Ogilvie married Lady Mary Douglas a daughter of the Earl of Morton
Their daughter Mary< ...
Image ID FBN_003
12. History of the Bean Family Page 9.
[ Children of Alexander and Anne Bean contd ]
4. Willoughby born 19 June 1772, died at 8, Sydney Place Ba ...
Image ID FBN_021
13. History of the Bean Family 15.
[ Burton family contd. ]
8th and 9th Twins Edwin John and Harriet Emma, born 19 Nov 1802. The boy died of fever 15 ...
Image ID FBN_033
14. History of the Bean Family opposite page 22.
[ Alexander Bean contd. ]
My father was enrolled as a special Constable during the Chartist Riots in London: ...
Image ID FBN_046
15. History of the Bean Family opposite page 23.
[ Sons and daughters of Aleander and Eliza Henrietta Bean contd. ]
8. Catherine Frances Bean born 11 ...
Image ID FBN_048
16. History of the Bean Family opposite page 32.
£29,000 left by Mersea man. Mr Henry Bean of Donibee, Empress Avenue, died on 9 May aged 74. Mr Bean was ...
Date: 9 May 1968
Image ID FBN_066
17. History of the Bean Family page 34.
[ wives of Henry John May contd ]
4th wife Mrs Green, a widow with 8 children, two of whom were Daniel and ...
Image ID FBN_071
18. History of the Bean Family opposite page 37
Thomas May's who is Lord of the Manor of Mersea & takes the great tithes, ...
Date: 7 February 1852
Image ID FBN_076
19. Bean Family History by Willoughby John Bean
When S.E. Bean married  his friend Billy Newman was agent for W. Quincey and he turned over to S.E. Bean ...
Image ID FBP_036
20. Bean Family History by Willoughby John Bean
[S.E. Bean contd.]
and I expect he saw that the army was no use without spending money in addition to pay, ...
Image ID FBP_042
21. Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon. At one time up to 500 Indian Runner Ducks were kept on the pond (now filled in).
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_012_001
22. Hunt meet outside Peldon Rose. On the right talking are Pearl Cross from Waldegraves Farm West Mersea and Edward Martin from Moor Farm Peldon.
From Album ...
Date: Before 1940
Image ID FL03_016_001
23. Blacksmith Hill, Peldon. Hammond postcard
Image ID GWC_001
24. Peldon - outside the Plough. A boy is working the village pump and behind him is the Old Cottage, run as a shop by Clem Hyam. The Post Office is further down ...
Image ID GWC_003
25. Peldon - Thomas Wyncoll and grandchildren.
Image ID GWC_005
26. Peldon - Thomas Wyncoll and grandchild. Tom Wyncoll was Geoff's grandfather, and one of the Peldon Special Constables that arrested the Zeppelin crew.
Image ID GWC_007
27. Wedding of Kate Goody and Ernest Wyncoll. Photograph taken outside Barnards Cottage, Peldon - home of the bride's parents.
Adults from left to right Emily ...
Date: 21 September 1935
Image ID GWC_009
28. Ernest and Kate Wyncoll had the bungalow, Goodwyn, built on the Mersea Road, Peldon, the name being an amalgam of their names Goody and Wyncoll. Later their ...
Image ID GWC_021
29. Essex Constubulary. Watch presented to T. Wyncoll for good services when Zeppelin L33 was brought down in Essex on 24.9.16
Date: c25 September 1916
Image ID GWC_031
30. Essex Constubulary. Watch presented to T. Wyncoll for good services when Zeppelin L33 was brought down in Essex on 24.9.16
Date: c25 September 1916
Image ID GWC_033