1. The Zeppelin at Little Wigborough - some of the Special Constables involved in arresting the German crew.
From left, Olive Dansie (daughter of Edgar Dansie...
Date: cOctober 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_001
2. Smack KATE. Built 1883, registered at times as MN81, CK139, CK52. Photograph at Peldon.
Image ID CML_007
3. Smacks at Peldon. The nearest is SHAMROCK.
Image ID CML_013
4. S.C. White, Draper and Grocer's shop. Peldon
Edgar Charles Dansie and Leonard Dansie ?
Date: Before 1916
Image ID CMW_BDG_003
5. Land Girls Edna Smy nee Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
6. Edna Smy nee Dallas. Peldon Hostel 1941. Women's Land Army.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_130
7. Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon. At one time up to 500 Indian Runner Ducks were kept on the pond (now filled in).
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_012_001
8. Hunt meet outside Peldon Rose. On the right talking are Pearl Cross from Waldegraves Farm West Mersea and Edward Martin from Moor Farm Peldon.
Date: Before 1940
Image ID FL03_016_001
9. Notes from the back of a mirror that was donated to the Museum 14 January 2012. It says:
This Mirror is a part of one that was shaken from a mantleshelf...
Date: 29 June 1884
Image ID IA004541
10. Peldon Rose. Postcard mailed October 1906.
The picture appears in "Motor Buses in East Anglia 1901-1931" by D.E. Brewster, 1974, with the...
Image ID IA004901
11. Sailing barge CYGNET at Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Date: 23 May 2015
Image ID IA01_271
12. 1884 Essex Earthquake report, pages 36 and 37.
Covers Langenhoe, the Rose Inn, Peldon windmill (residence and business place of Mrs S. Went) and the...
Image ID JB01_EREP_002
13. Jack Botham aerial photograph 9203. Peldon Rose, looking north west.
Image ID JBA_822
14. Peldon - Revd. Anthony Gough.
From a collection of Jack Botham wedding pictures.
Image ID JBM_026
15. Peldon School. The school was closed on 18 December 1942 [West Mersea School Log Book - WMS_LOG4_P114].
Image ID KBA_PEL_003
16. Kelly's 1894 Directory - Peldon or Peltington
Talbot James, Parish clerk
Smallwood George, Sub-postmaster
Smith John, Schoolmaster
Image ID KEL_1894_003
17. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 1980 Page 10.
The Pullens of Peldon Rose, by Sybil Brand.
In the early days of the Radio...
Image ID MIS_1980_110
18. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 1980 Page 11.
The Pullens of Peldon Rose, by Sybil Brand contd.
In a Deed dated October 1898,...
Image ID MIS_1980_111
19. Peldon Home Guard photographed outside the Peldon Rose.
Back Row 1. Edgar Reynolds, 2. Vic Sheldrake L/Cpl, 3. Will Nicholas, 4. Bruce Rainbird, 5. Bert...
Image ID MMC_P668_001
20. Peldon Church - a postcard by Hammond of Great Totham..
For a history of the church, see ...
Image ID MMC_P755_112
21. Peldon Steam Mill and Windmill, looking towards the Rose Inn. Posted to Miss Smith at the Fountain, West Mersea - see MMC_P755_117_001 for the reverse. It has...
Date: Before 1900.
Image ID MMC_P755_117
22. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_003 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_001
23. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_001 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_003
24. Edgar Robert Dansie, Peldon shopkeeper.
Born Boxford, Suffolk, in 1872. Edgar married Grace Martha White from West Mersea in 1898. In 1901 he was a...
Image ID PH01_001
25. Grace Dansie nee White. Born West Mersea 1874, daughter of Samuel Cant White. She married Edgar Robert Dansie in 1898 and died in 1916.
Image ID PH01_003
26. Hyde Park Corner, Peldon. Postcard 83150.
Image ID PH01_CSH_001
27. Hyde Park Corner, Peldon. Hammond postcard
Image ID PH01_ECO_001
28. John Linnett Clark. Died June 1937.
Image ID PH01_LIN_001
29. John Linnett Clark
Image ID PH01_LIN_003
30. Peldon Methodist Chapel Appointment of Trustees. Title page.
Date: 21 September 1951
Image ID PH01_PMC_001