1. The Zeppelin at Little Wigborough - some of the Special Constables involved in arresting the German crew.
From left, Olive Dansie (daughter of Edgar Dansie...
Date: cOctober 1916
Image ID ALS_ZEP_001
2. S.C. White, Draper and Grocer's shop. Peldon
Edgar Charles Dansie and Leonard Dansie ?
Date: Before 1916
Image ID CMW_BDG_003
3. Land Girls Edna Smy née Dallas, Rose, Emmy, Bunny Webb (tractor driver) working near Peldon Rose 1942
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_129
4. Moor Farm, Colchester Road, Peldon. At one time up to 500 Indian Runner Ducks were kept on the pond (now filled in).
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_012_001
5. Pyefleet House at the Peldon end of the Strood, showing damage from the 1884 earthquake. The house should have 3 chimneys - only one remains and this has...
Date: cMay 1884
Image ID IA004741
6. Sailing barge CYGNET at Shell Bungalow, Peldon
Date: 23 May 2015
Image ID IA01_271
7. 1884 Essex Earthquake report, pages 36 and 37.
Covers Langenhoe, the Rose Inn, Peldon windmill (residence and business place of Mrs S. Went) and the...
Image ID JB01_EREP_002
8. Peldon School. The school was closed on 18 December 1942 [West Mersea School Log Book - WMS_LOG4_P114].
Image ID KBA_PEL_003
9. Peldon Home Guard photographed outside the Peldon Rose.
Back Row 1. Edgar Reynolds, 2. Vic Sheldrake L/Cpl, 3. Will Nicholas, 4. Bruce Rainbird, 5. Bert...
Image ID MMC_P668_001
10. Peldon Church - a postcard by Hammond of Great Totham..
For a history of the church, see ...
Image ID MMC_P755_112
11. Peldon Steam Mill and Windmill, looking towards the Rose Inn. Posted to Miss Smith at the Fountain, West Mersea - see MMC_P755_117_001 for the reverse. It has...
Date: Before 1900.
Image ID MMC_P755_117
12. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_003 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_001
13. Peldon School Centenary 1833-1933. Sent to Jean Ponder from Miss A.P. Tyrer, June 1933 - see OJR_002 for the back and OJR_001 for an unnumbered copy.
Date: June 1933
Image ID OJR_003
14. Peldon windmill. This was on the main road opposite the Peldon Rose and was demolished c.1900. Mill House is still there [Ron Green].
Date: Before 1900
Image ID RG03_399
15. Peldon Rose. The name over the pub door is Jane Pullen. The wagon on the right is from the Co-operative Society. Postcard mailed 11 August 1910.
Date: Before August 1910
Image ID RG11_401