1. East Mersea Golf Club. The two Honorary Secretaries with the Challenge Cups - Mr Bishop and Barbara Mears.
Image ID BS01_001
2. Opening of full 18-hole course at Mersea Golf Club.
Abe Mitchell (St Albans) putting on the 9th green, the new Club House can be seen in the background.
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID BS01_008
3. East Mersea Golf Club
Brigadier General R. Beale Colvin C.B. the Lord Lieutenant of Essex (in the centre of steps of new Club House) announcing the new...
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID BS01_017
4. Parish Church of Saint Edmund, King and Martyr, East Mersea
Date: 31 May 2009
Image ID TM2_2884
5. East Mersea Ferryman - Mr Horatio Mole of East Mersea who will shortly complete half a century of service as ferryman at East Mersea. He crosses at all times...
Image ID CMA_007
6. Surviving earthworks of the East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. Taken from the seawall looking south.
Image ID COR2_020_001
7. The Blockhouse Fort at East Mersea.
Drawing: Cudmore Grove Country Park / Essex County Council.
Image ID COR2_020_003
8. Paper on Mersea Island read by Dr Philip Laver at AGM of Essex Archaeological Society, page 2.
East Mersea Camp.
Date: 26 April 1923
Image ID CW2_EAS_004
9. A structure that has appeared from the mud to the east of the Blockhouse Fort near East Mersea Stone. The stakes have since been dated by CITiZAN as between...
Date: 15 August 2016
Image ID CZN_021
10. East Mersea School in the 1930s.
L-R 1: Phyllis Richer 2: Joyce Marriage 3: Elsie Goodrum 4: Harold Johnson 5: Maurice Johnson 6: Charles Farthing 7:...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_082
11. Home Farm, East Mersea. The farmhouse was demolished in the 1950s, roof tiles from the house were re-used on the present bungalow. Postcard 101902.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_011
12. Cosway's Caravan Site in East Mersea was developed in the 1950s.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_081
13. East Mersea Post - Army Duty Roster. 16 December 1916 to 19 December 1916.
9.45pm Sentry reported fire about 400 yds. On investigation it proved to be a...
Date: 17 December 1916
Image ID EMB_005
14. East Mersea Football Team
Back 1. B. D'Wit, 2. Whelam (Fox Inn), 3. Bert Hoy, 4. Arthur Green, 5. Heck Green, 6. Mr Whelam, 7. Bob Salmon
Image ID FL06_051_001
15. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea - the way it looked in the 1960s before the thatch was replaced with tiles and huge patio doors fitted at the front by...
Image ID GWD_SUS_001
16. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea. The extension that was added in the late 1930s when Arthur Greenwood was sure war was coming soon - the work was done by Mr May...
Image ID GWD_SUS_003
17. John Hazelton : A Memoir, by W.J. Styles. 1889.
"East Mersey. A large congregation had gathered to witness a public baptism in the sea, and were grouped...
Image ID HZL_P037
18. East Mersea Church Interior 1912. The box pews were replaced with chairs in 1913. Photo from A Short History of the Parish Churches of East Mersea and West...
Image ID IA004145
19. Blockhouse Fort, East Mersea. An aerial view from a kite, looking north. The fort had earth walls and was triangular. The remains are in the lower half of the...
Date: May 2006
Image ID IA004471
20. 90 years of Fen Farm. Candy Evans explores the history of an Essex campsite that has been serving campers for nine decades.
In 1923, a group of...
Date: July 2014
Image ID IA01_121
21. Pathway and stakes below the beach near East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. The stakes have been appearing over the past 2 years as the mud has eroded. It is not yet...
Date: 28 November 2017
Image ID IA01_691
22. Coopers Beach Chalets under threat.
See Mistral ...
Date: March 1999
Image ID JCN_001
23. East Mersea Hall - East Mersea Fete
Date: August 1999
Image ID JCN_002
24. Tedding the hay crop, Cudmore Grove - turning it to dry in the sun.
Used in the Mistral, 1999.
Date: July 1998
Image ID JCN_005
25. WW2 pillbox on East Mersea Stone.
Essex SMR / EHER 10035.
Date: July 1990
Image ID LH20_029
26. East Mersea Church - the East Window.
The window was given by the family of Ernest Arthur Lazarus Barlow after the end of WW1. The artist was Thomas Curtis...
Image ID LZB_PAP_001
27. Homeland Handy Guides - Mersea Island. Page 2. East Mersea Church.
Image ID MD02_006
28. Mersea Island Directory page 7.
Date: August 1991
Image ID MD1991_007
29. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1985. Page 13.
Local churches. 3. St. Edmund, King and Martyr, East Mersea.
[ author unknown...
Date: January 1985
Image ID MIS_1985_017
30. Sarah Wrench was Not a Witch
From Tony Clifton and Janis Meanley - Churchwardens, St Edmund King & Martyr, East Mersea
The myth about the...
Date: January 2017
Image ID ML2017_001_L19_002