1. 52 years ferrying and still going strong. Mr Mole, who has ferried ... from East Mersea to ... and back for 52 years, takes a rest from cleaning his boat, ...
Date: 15 July 1933
Image ID BOXB5_015_021
2. East Mersea Golf Club. The two Honorary Secretaries with the Challenge Cups - Mr Bishop and Barbara Mears.
Image ID BS01_001
3. Opening of full 18-hole course at Mersea Golf Club.
Abe Mitchell (St Albans) putting on the 9th green, the new Club House can be seen in the background.
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID BS01_008
4. East Mersea Golf Club
Brigadier General R. Beale Colvin C.B. the Lord Lieutenant of Essex (in the centre of steps of new Club House) announcing the new ...
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID BS01_017
5. Reverend East of East Mersea with his family. Revd. East was at East Mersea 1957 to 1973 and West Mersea from 1957 to 1971.
Image ID CHS_029
6. East Mersea Ferryman - Mr Horatio Mole of East Mersea who will shortly complete half a century of service as ferryman at East Mersea. He crosses at all times ...
Image ID CMA_007
7. Surviving earthworks of the East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. Taken from the seawall looking south.
Image ID COR2_020_001
8. The Blockhouse Fort at East Mersea.
Drawing: Cudmore Grove Country Park / Essex County Council.
Image ID COR2_020_003
9. Paper on Mersea Island read by Dr Philip Laver at AGM of Essex Archaeological Society, page 2.
East Mersea Camp.
Date: 26 April 1923
Image ID CW2_EAS_004
10. A structure that has appeared from the mud to the east of the Blockhouse Fort near East Mersea Stone. The stakes are substantial - some are a metre high. They ...
Date: 15 August 2016
Image ID CZN_021
11. East Mersea looking southeast, with East Road going up from centre to left and North Farm Lane from centre to bottom left (to Colchester Oyster Fishery).
Image ID DC3_026
12. East Mersea School in the 1930s.
L-R 1: Phyllis Richer 2: Joyce Marriage 3: Elsie Goodrum 4: Harold Johnson 5: Maurice Johnson 6: Charles Farthing 7: ...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_082
13. Home Farm, East Mersea. The farmhouse was demolished in the 1950s, roof tiles from the house were re-used on the present bungalow. Postcard 101902.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_011
14. East Mersea Hall.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_071
15. The Bungalows, Sunny Beach, East Mersea. This became known as Coopers Beach. The chalets were replaced by caravans by 2000.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_074
16. Cosway's Caravan Site in East Mersea was developed in the 1950s.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_081
17. Scholars' Presentation. On Saturday afternoon, April 15, in the Schoolroom at East Mersea, Mrs A. Martin was presented by scholars, past and present, of East ...
Date: 22 April 1939
Image ID DM1_AB2_055_004
18. Mr & Mrs Baker aboard the PANDORA - but who were the twins? See "A Link with Mehalah".
A Link with Mehalah.
The two boys in sailor suites, ...
Image ID DM1_AB5_030_001
19. Deremy's Stone, or is it? by Hugh Glover.
Top photo - A moment of ceremony - Dr Grant unveils the stone.
Left photo: John Bennett. ...
Date: 31 January 1975
Image ID DNS_VIS_003
20. East Mersea Post - Army Duty Roster. 16 December 1916 to 19 December 1916.
9.45pm Sentry reported fire about 400 yds. On investigation it proved to be a ...
Date: 17 December 1916
Image ID EMB_005
21. East Mersea Churchyard Plan
Date: June 2019
Image ID EMP_CYD_001
22. East Mersea Church
Back Martin Dence, Albert Dennis, J. Sunnucks
Centre Anne Leggett, Hilda Leggett, Colin Dence, Andrew Sunnucks
Front Julia ...
Image ID FL02_020_001
23. 1st East Mersea Brownie Pack.
Image ID GG07_009_001
24. Cross and owl in East Mersea church.
"1st Mersea Guides founder, Kate Cotton is buried at East Mersea Church. Also, a member of the Sheppard family (the ...
Date: 12 April 2016
Image ID GG08_2871
25. Wedding of Graham and Georgie Hewes, East Mersea Church.
Image ID GHW_MAR_005
26. The original part of "Old Ship Cottage", seen from the main road. It is on the north side of East Road, East Mersea, just before the 'Dormy' houses.
Image ID GWD_KIM_001
27. The "Dog and Pheasant" Inn, East Mersea - where the old yields pride of place to the new, as though wishing to retire, after so many centuries of service, from ...
Image ID GWD_KIM_031
28. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea - the way it looked in the 1960s before the thatch was replaced with tiles and huge patio doors fitted at the front by ...
Image ID GWD_SUS_001
29. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea. The extension that was added in the late 1930s when Arthur Greenwood was sure war was coming soon - the work was done by Mr May ...
Image ID GWD_SUS_003
30. Mersea Stone No.5.
The steam yacht VALFREYIA in the Colne off East Mersea. Postmark 1909
Built 1888 as LADY TORFREDA by Fairfield, Govan. Bought by ...
Date: Before 1909
Image ID HEM_OPA_179