1. East Mersea Golf Club. The two Honorary Secretaries with the Challenge Cups - Mr Bishop and Barbara Mears.
Image ID BS01_001
2. Opening of full 18-hole course at Mersea Golf Club.
Abe Mitchell (St Albans) putting on the 9th green, the new Club House can be seen in the background.
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID BS01_008
3. East Mersea Golf Club
Brigadier General R. Beale Colvin C.B. the Lord Lieutenant of Essex (in the centre of steps of new Club House) announcing the new...
Date: 5 April 1929
Image ID BS01_017
4. Parish Church of Saint Edmund, King and Martyr, East Mersea
Date: 31 May 2009
Image ID TM2_2884
5. East Mersea Ferryman - Mr Horatio Mole of East Mersea who will shortly complete half a century of service as ferryman at East Mersea. He crosses at all times...
Image ID CMA_007
6. Surviving earthworks of the East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. Taken from the seawall looking south.
Image ID COR2_020_001
7. The Blockhouse Fort at East Mersea.
Drawing: Cudmore Grove Country Park / Essex County Council.
Image ID COR2_020_003
8. Paper on Mersea Island read by Dr Philip Laver at AGM of Essex Archaeological Society, page 2.
East Mersea Camp.
Date: 26 April 1923
Image ID CW2_EAS_004
9. Cosway's Caravan Site in East Mersea was developed in the 1950s.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_081
10. East Mersea Post - Army Duty Roster. 16 December 1916 to 19 December 1916.
9.45pm Sentry reported fire about 400 yds. On investigation it proved to be a...
Date: 17 December 1916
Image ID EMB_005
11. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea - the way it looked in the 1960s before the thatch was replaced with tiles and huge patio doors fitted at the front by...
Image ID GWD_SUS_001
12. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea. The extension that was added in the late 1930s when Arthur Greenwood was sure war was coming soon - the work was done by Mr May...
Image ID GWD_SUS_003
13. East Mersea Church Interior 1912. The box pews were replaced with chairs in 1913. Photo from A Short History of the Parish Churches of East Mersea and West...
Image ID IA004145
14. Blockhouse Fort, East Mersea. An aerial view from a kite, looking north. The fort had earth walls and was triangular. The remains are in the lower half of the...
Date: May 2006
Image ID IA004471
15. 90 years of Fen Farm. Candy Evans explores the history of an Essex campsite that has been serving campers for nine decades.
In 1923, a group of...
Date: July 2014
Image ID IA01_121
16. Coopers Beach Chalets
Date: March 1999
Image ID JCN_001
17. East Mersea Hall - East Mersea Fete
Date: August 1999
Image ID JCN_002
18. WW2 pillbox on East Mersea Stone.
Essex SMR 10035.
Date: July 1990
Image ID LH20_029
19. East Mersea Church - the East Window.
The window was given by the family of Ernest Arthur Lazarus Barlow after the end of WW1. The artist was Thomas Curtis...
Image ID LZB_PAP_001
20. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1985. Page 13.
Local churches. 3. St. Edmund, King and Martyr, East Mersea.
[ author unknown...
Date: January 1985
Image ID MIS_1985_017
21. Sarah Wrench was Not a Witch
From Tony Clifton and Janis Meanley - Churchwardens, St Edmund King & Martyr, East Mersea
The myth about the...
Date: January 2017
Image ID ML2017_001_L19_002
22. River Colne, East Mersea. Postcard 146881 from Bell's Photo Co. Ltd, Westcliff on Sea.
Image ID MM2013_MEA_025
23. Dog & Pheasant, East Mersea, with donor's great uncle outside, centre. Licensee is J.C. Hoy.
Image ID MMC_2010_10_008_F
24. Small photograph - marked "Mrs Cowell" and "E. Mersea".
Bill 'Cutty' Cutts on the left of the group.
See Museum004/MMC_L197_019_001.jpg for back.
Image ID MMC_L197_019
25. Coronation Villa, East Mersea, 1906.
The home and shop of the Underwood family was built in 1902. Robert Underwood ran his carrier business from the...
Date: Before 1935
Image ID MMC_L362_007
26. East Mersea Church
Image ID MMC_P755_104
27. Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea - a Cleghorn postcard.
Licensee C. Wopling. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's Fine Pale and Mild Ales and Porter.
Cart on the left...
Image ID MMC_P755_107
28. The Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's fine pale and mild ales and porter. Landlord J.H. Death.
Postcard mailed 18 August 1918
Date: Before August 1918
Image ID PG2_221
29. Cascade and paddling pool, Kiddiesland, East Mersea.
Kiddiesland was built by Mr F. Ingram from Potters Bar to give holidays to poor children from London. It...
Image ID PG2_381
30. The Marshes between Mersea Golf Course and the Colne Estuary.
View looking towards the ferry and River Colne. The prominent hut is for the ferry. There is...
Date: Before 1941
Image ID PMS_PCD_007