1. Taken near the beginning of last century, from Church Road.
The only building in Coast Road is the pair of weatherboard cottages opposite St Peter's Well....
Image ID AA000000
2. Riverside House, West Mersea. Later 118 Coast Road.
[ In 1911 Census Riverside House was the home of William and Martha Stoker].
Image ID CMW_FAM_207
3. The 'new' Victory, Coast Road, West Mersea. The house boats on the right are the ERICINA and the EVANDRA. Another copy of this card was mailed 6 July 1916.
Date: Before July 1916
Image ID SFR_220
4. Stocks Fair on the Burma Road in front of the Victory. West Mersea Town Regatta.
From Album 5.
Date: August 1995
Image ID FL05_007_002
5. Regatta Day ? Clarke & Carter's boat shed is being constructed extreme right. Note also the black wooden cottage where now stands the Willow Lodge.
Image ID FL09_025_005
6. Coast Road after the 1953 Floods. Clarke & Carter's slipway. Sailing and Social Club on the right.
Date: cFebruary 1953
Image ID HAD01_009
7. Houseboat SEAHORSE after the 1953 Floods.
Date: cFebruary 1953
Image ID HAD01_016
8. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3603. Coast Road and houseboats.
Image ID JBA_252
9. Jack Botham aerial photograph 2133A. Coast Road and houseboats.
Notes from elsewhere: MEG MERRILIES. Thames barge (Julian) Lancashire. Motor boat alongside...
Image ID JBA_256
10. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3635. Coast road, Houseboats
1: HISPANIA 2: COLUMBINE 3: SPRAY ('Tinker' Wood's housboat) 4: MULROY 5: DIADEM 6: KISMET 7:...
Image ID JBA_264
11. View from West Mersea church tower. Coast Road and Yew Tree House.
Image ID LH19_026
12. St Peter's Well. A main source of water on the island for many years. It supplied local residents, the White Hart, and the school would send a water cart to...
Image ID LH6_052
13. Mersea History 33.
Spectators near the Oyster shed - Cobmarsh Day.
Date: 29 July 2006
Image ID MLD_HWK_035
14. Hove Creek, with Coast Road behind. Oysterman on the right with a tendle on his arm and another on the ground.
Now nearly silted up. Clarke Mussett...
Image ID MMC_L198_027
15. St Peter's Meadow from Hove Creek. GREY GULL, CK144, owned by Bunny and Bill Cook.
Date: Before 1984
Image ID MMC_P1005_003
16. St Peter's Meadow from Hove Creek. GREY GULL, CK144, owned by Bunny and Bill Cook.
Image ID MMC_P1005_004
17. Yachts on slipway at Clarke & Carter's yard.
Image ID MMC_P1005_008
18. Hove Creek and the houseboats from Hove Hill. The tall funnel of SEAHORSE can be seen - she was not in her final resting place which was nearer Coast Road.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_010
19. Ted Woolfe's Oyster pits, West Mersea - emptying for next tide. Bill Wyatt, when an apprentice, helped in the construction of this building.
Image ID MMC_P755_018
20. Oyster Pits, West Mersea. Another copy of this is postmarked 1904.
Date: Before 1904
Image ID MMC_P755_019
21. Road near Yachting Club, West Mersea. Coast Road looking from near Orleans. Coastguard hut on extreme left. Another copy of this card was posted 1904.
Date: Before 1904
Image ID MMC_P755_059
22. Victory Dock. Dutch barges 1950s. The Dutch barge in the centre with the light hull is the BRIES and the larger Dutch barge behind her is the...
Image ID MMC_P762_H
23. Houseboat ARK ROYAL - Coast Road, West Mersea at high tide.
Michael Procter on Facebook said 2 Sept 2016:
The ARK ROYAL was a flat bottomed converted...
Image ID PA1_JAS_PIC10
24. Uncle Whitey Mussett, (Aunt Maud's husband). By the barometer at the Square, Coast Road.
On the right is Kenny Bacon - on bicycle with acetylene light.
Image ID PA1_MIL_AB1_PIC47
25. Old City, Hard and Coast Road, West Mersea
Image ID PA1_OZO_PIC01
26. Clarke & Carter's slipway by Coast Road
Image ID PA1_PHS_PIC05
27. Wishbone schooner ELVER being winched across Coast Road at Clarke & Carter's yard. Elgar Mussett watching
Image ID PA1_RG1_AB02_RON78
28. Lane by the Waterside, West Mersea. Coast Road with the Square on the left. Barometer mounted in the wall. Postcard mailed 10 August 1906
Date: Before August 1906
Image ID PG2_237
29. The Oyster Pits, West Mersea. The 'old oyster sheds' on Coast Road, just above upper centre, were demolished January 2011.
Postcard 148254 by Bells Photo...
Date: Before 1959
Image ID PG2_247
30. Coast Road, West Mersea. West Mersea Urban District Council Byelaw sign over the railings, and a glimpse of the yacht SEAHORSE beyond it. Postcard 29025.
Image ID PG2_375