Images for Category Places-->ThamesFound 12 images - displaying 1 to 12
1. LO406 ( THISTLE ?) moored off Gravesend in the 1930s. A gaggle of ship tugs lie in the background, with CHALLENGE nearest to the camera.
Used in "Smacks...
From: Smacks and Bawleys
Image ID BOXB6_001_001_012
2. Stackie barge negotiating London Bridge with bridge sails.
Used in Down Tops'l page 14, which does not give the source of the photograph.
Image ID HBC_007_002
3. Barque ESSEX, Blackwaller, Gravesend. Swimmie barge alongside.
Believe this ESSEX was built 1862 as full rigged ship for Money Wigram, Official No. 45025. Sold...
Image ID HBC_007_004
4. Gravesend Sunset from aboard the smack HYACINTH - owned by Molly Kennell for many years.
From slides produced for Molly Kennell's 90th Birthday 1 July 2011.
Image ID MOL_B90_000
5. Tilbury Ferry ROSE II in the final year of steam ferry operation. ROSE was one of three passenger ferries. She was built 1901 by A.W. Robertson, Canning Town....
Image ID REA_AB4_027
6. GLITRA passing Gravesend. 992 tons gross, build 1952, Owned by The South Georgia Co., Ltd. (Christian Salvesen). Official No. 184038. The Pilot boat SEA OTTER...
Image ID REA_AB4_029
7. The spritsail barge ISABEL of about 120 tons with a stack of hay and her gear lowered to pass under the London bridges. Built in Conyer Keny in...
Image ID RG03_122
8. Tower Bridge. Stackie barge.
Image ID RG08_035
9. Sailing barge - raising the gear.
Image ID RG08_087
10. The '51 Bar, South Bank Exhibition, Festival of Britain 1951. Sailing barge SARA.
Image ID RG08_127
11. Teddington - the first locks on the River Thames. Looking down river with the locks on the right. Two barges in the stream - SWIFT on the left and SCOTSMAN on...
Date: Before August 1911
Image ID RG08_161
12. Stackie barge sailing up Thames past Tower of London. From a magic lantern slide.
Image ID RG22_051
Images Copyright(c) Mersea Island Museum unless otherwise stated.