1. Horseman's Sunday at Patricia Catchpole stables on East Road. Rev. East officiated.
Image ID AWA_001
2. At Patricia Catchpole's Stables in East Road, c1958
Back Suzanne Taylor, Eval Tovim, Mike Spurgeon
Middle Catchy, Sarah Vince now Cock, Wendy Westcott...
Image ID AWA_003
3. On the field behind Empress Avenue.
L-R Gordon Allen's father, Rosemary Allen with Gordon behind. Nell the dog. Norma Appleby, Anne Knight, Charlie...
Image ID AWA_005
4. Patricia Catchpole
Image ID AWA_027
5. Mersea. A Douglas Went photograph, used in The Sailor's Coast page 30. The boat is CERISE. The lady is Barbara Went.
Image ID BF03_001_093_001
6. The well known author & wildfowler J. Wentworth Day with a local West Mersea wildfowler and all their weapons and tools. Similar one published. [DW]
Image ID BOXB5_015_027
7. George Peggs of Brightlingsea in a typical gun punt.
Used in The Northseamen page 72.
Image ID BOXP_135_072
8. Mr Charles Scott being carried by two bathers after landing at the Golf Course. Barbara Mears is on the left with Bob Munro next to her. Mrs Scott is just right...
Date: 13 July 1932
Image ID BS01_033
9. First smack race after World War 1 [Tollesbury].
1. John Anthony, 2. Ike Harris, 3. Alf Barbrook, 4. L. Barbrook, 5. Happy Barbrook.
6. George Holman,...
Date: August 1921
Image ID CG6_093
10. H.M. Yacht BRITANNIA.
H.M. King Georve V, H.M. Queen Mary, H.R.H. Prince Albert(Duke of York), H.R.H. Princess Mary.
Major Philip Hunloke, Helmsman,...
Image ID CG6_281
11. Raymond Jones Catchpole. Suffolk Regiment.
Image ID CHY_RJC_003
12. Edwin John Dixon. Written on bottom is "Dad's Father". Born September 1889, grandfather of Carol Dixon.
Image ID CW2_FAM_001
13. Dad 1932. [Edwin John Dixon]. Milk pail on handlebars, outside Fred Wass barbers in background.
From Dixon family photographs.
Image ID CW2_P12_005
14. Former Post Office, High Street opposite Yorick Road. Toby Greenleaf.
From Dixon family photographs.
Image ID CW2_P15_009
15. West Mersea Riding School, run in the Hall Barn by Patricia Catchpole.
L-R 1. Catchy, 2. Judith Banks, 3. Hilary Banks, 4. Carol Dixon (Charlie), 5.?, 6....
Image ID CW2_STA_001
16. West Mersea Riding School. Phone 52. Run in the Hall Barn by Pat Catchpole.
L-R 1. Wendy Wescott (Collette), 2. Dianne ? (Kildare ?), 3. Judy Banks...
Image ID CW2_STA_003
17. Pat Catchpole, Hall Barn Riding Stables.
Image ID CW2_STA_005
18. Repton Dixon's Stores in Church Road, West Mersea. All the shop staff.
1. Bessie Dixon (with her tongue out), 2. Pat Franklin, 3. Susan Hales, 4. Carol...
Image ID CW3_105_001
19. Outside the off license, Howards Stores, Church Road.
Carol Dixon, Percy Bacon, Dilys Overbury née Maylor, Bessie Dixon [Mum].
We are all...
Image ID CW3_107
20. David Whiting getting the flag. West Mersea Town Regatta 2011 - the Greasy Pole.
Date: 20 August 2011
Image ID CWG_WMTR_009
21. Gowens sailmakers. Ernie Ponder. The calendar in the background is for August 1937.
Date: 28 August 1937
Image ID DEP_GOW_019
22. Commander Huberht Hudson, RNR.
Commander Hudson took part in the 1914 Shackleton Antarctic Expedition. He came to live in Mersea when he married in 1925....
Image ID DGA_001
23. Mrs Trim, mother of Dorothy Gauden [caption on back of photograph].
This is Rebecca Trim née Dale, born about 1846 in Colchester. Her parents were at...
Image ID DGD_037
24. The earliest photograph lent for the 2009 Marriage Display was of the marriage in 1903 of Arthur Moore Lord (Ralph Lord's grandfather) and Ellen Isabel Pates....
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_049
25. Wedding of Edith Margaret née Marriage and Linden Le Marquand. The reception was held at Weir Farm and the photograph shows a group outside:
Date: 17 August 1944
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_059
26. Fred I. Wass. Hairdresser and Tobacconist.
Frederick Inward Wass was born in 1912. He started work on a Saturday as a lather boy for Bobby Keyes when he...
Image ID DIS2010_WASS_003
27. William Wyatt.
Image ID DIS2013_WYA_001
28. Mr Ernie Woolf and his wife Florrie. Ernie was a carpenter and one could not meet a nicer and helpful man. His wife Flo was in the same vein. They were our near...
Image ID FL01_017_002
29. Mr Bertie 'socks' Wright and wife Mary née Christmas. Ethel and Mary Christmas were sisters from Peldon.
Bertie Wright married Ethel Alice Mary...
Date: 14 November 1929
Image ID FL01_019_001
30. Mr Claude Bacon and wife Ethel née Christmas. Ethel and Mary Christmas were sisters from Peldon.
Claud Hyam Bacon married Ethel Kathleen Bacon at...
Date: 1 November 1930
Image ID FL01_019_002