1. Anthea Harding sitting on the wall at her grandparent's house - 'Strood Close' on the Peldon side of the Strood. This wall came down in the 1953 flood.
Date: Before February 1953
Image ID AW02_001_126
2. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from...
Image ID AW02_003
3. Horseman's Sunday at Patricia Catchpole stables on East Road. Rev. East officiated.
Image ID AWA_001
4. At Patricia Catchpole's Stables in East Road, c1958
Back Suzanne Taylor, Eval Tovim, Mike Spurgeon
Middle Catchy, Sarah Vince now Cock, Wendy Westcott...
Image ID AWA_003
5. On the field behind Empress Avenue.
L-R Gordon Allen's father, Rosemary Allen with Gordon behind. Nell the dog. Norma Appleby, Anne Knight, Charlie...
Image ID AWA_005
6. Patricia Catchpole
Image ID AWA_027
7. Mersea. A Douglas Went photograph, used in The Sailor's Coast page 30. The boat is CERISE. The lady is Barbara Went.
Image ID BF03_001_093_001
8. Unidentified gentleman of the road. Probably Wivenhoe.
Image ID BF69_009_008
9. Long guns and tall tales. L-R Bob South, who killed nine Brent geese with one shot from a single 12-bore; 'Admiral' Bill Wyatt, aged eighty-one and still...
Image ID BOX004_023_001
10. First Ladies Race at Brightlingsea.
Top Miss K. Poole delighted at winning a Second Prize in JUMBO II, Jack Maltby's new B.O.D.C.
Bottom - A study of the...
Image ID BOX058_003_001
11. The well known author & wildfowler J. Wentworth Day with a local West Mersea wildfowler and all their weapons and tools. Similar one published. [DW]
Image ID BOXB5_015_027
12. Captain Hayzell Polley of Brightlingsea, one time master of the 224 ton schooner yacht HEARTSEASE, demonstrates a sextant to David Leather.
From: Photographs --- various
Image ID BOXB9_005_005
13. Fid Harnack - copy of photograph
Used in The Salty Shore.
Image ID BOXD_014_001_001
14. Shipyard management and workers
Image ID BOXL_026_004_010
15. George Peggs of Brightlingsea in a typical gun punt.
Used in The Northseamen page 72.
Image ID BOXP_135_072
16. Husk's boatyard, Wivenhoe, about 1930. From right: John Smith, Stanley Cook (foreman), extreme left James Theobald. The small boats under construction are for...
Image ID BOXP_135_269
17. Mr Charles Scott being carried by two bathers after landing at the Golf Course. Barbara Mears is on the left with Bob Munro next to her. Charles Scott's first...
Date: 13 July 1932
Image ID BS01_033
18. Carolyn Chatters (Carolyn Fox) and Sea Cadet John Chatters.
Image ID CFX_007
19. H.M. Yacht BRITANNIA.
H.M. King Georve V, H.M. Queen Mary, H.R.H. Prince Albert(Duke of York), H.R.H. Princess Mary.
Major Philip Hunloke, Helmsman,...
Image ID CG6_281
20. Raymond Jones Catchpole. Born October 1886 to William John Catchpole 1848-1920 and Emily Jones 1852-. The badge he is wearing is the Royal Army Medical...
Image ID CHY_RJC_001
21. Raymond Jones Catchpole. Suffolk Regiment.
Image ID CHY_RJC_003
22. Raymond Jones Catchpole
Image ID CHY_RJC_005
23. Raymond Jones Catchpole
Image ID CHY_RJC_007
24. Edwin John Dixon. Written on bottom is "Dad's Father". Born September 1889, grandfather of Carol Dixon.
Image ID CW2_FAM_001
25. Dad 1932. [Edwin John Dixon]. Milk pail on handlebars, outside Fred Wass barbers in background.
From Dixon family photographs.
Image ID CW2_P12_005
26. Former Post Office, High Street opposite Yorick Road. Toby Greenleaf.
From Dixon family photographs.
Image ID CW2_P15_009
27. West Mersea Riding School, run in the Hall Barn by Patricia Catchpole.
L-R 1. Catchy, 2. Judith Banks, 3. Hilary Banks, 4. Carol Dixon (Charlie), 5.?, 6....
Image ID CW2_STA_001
28. West Mersea Riding School. Phone 52. Run in the Hall Barn by Pat Catchpole.
L-R 1. Wendy Wescott (Collette), 2. Dianne ? (Kildare ?), 3. Judy Banks...
Image ID CW2_STA_003
29. Pat Catchpole, Hall Barn Riding Stables.
Image ID CW2_STA_005
30. Bill and Mrs Clarry.
West Mersea Church.
Ernest William Clarry and Forence Clarry nee Jacobs.
Date: 25 February 1967
Image ID CW2_WED_0303