1. MARIGOLD, a perfect twentieth century reproduction of a mid-nineteenth century shrimper, almost ready to launch at Maldon.
Built by David Patient 1981,...
From: Gaff Rig / Smacks
Image ID BOXB3_134_001_001
2. Maldon scene. Smacks MN23 LIZZIE ANNIE, CK482 KINGFISHER, MN12 POLLY, MN4 SKYLARK.
Douglas Went photograph
From: Gaff Rig / Smacks
Image ID BOXB3_168_001_003
3. Maldon Hythe on a summer afternoon about 1957.
The smacks include MN21 MAUD and MN23. The barge NELLIE PARKER is on the blocks in the distance. Smoke from...
Image ID BOXB3_180_001_001
4. John Howard built several barge yachts, the largest being the THOMA II launched in 1909. This 100ft clipper bowed and counter sterned craft drew only 4ft 6in....
From: John Howard --- Maldon
Image ID BOXV_012_003_007
5. Barge LADY GWYNFRED at Maldon.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_035_001
6. Sailing barge LEOFLEDA at Maldon. She was built Harwich 1914 and owned by E. Marriage & Sons, East Mills, Colchester. Official No. 132906.
Image ID HBC_006_001
7. Barge LEOFLEDA on the blocks at Maldon.
Image ID HBR00003
8. Towing to start line from Maldon. Barry Pearce's steam tug CHRIANIE towing barge VIGILANT.
From slides produced for Molly Kennell's 90th Birthday 1 July...
Image ID MOL_B90_016
9. M.L. MALDON ANNIE after conversion to a motor vessel.
MALDON ANNIE Official No. 146532, 23 tons gross, length 56ft 4in, Wood, 37BHP, registered London...
Date: Before August 1925
Image ID RG04_021
10. Sailing Barge ETHEL MAUD Constitutional Club trip from Maldon.
Used in an article by Ron Green in Maldon and Heybridge Life January 2015, where Ron...
Image ID RG07_035
11. Maldon. Postmarked 30 April 1905
Date: Before April 1905
Image ID RG07_049
12. Barges at Maldon. Dressing sail on wharf. Postmarked 8 Sep 1908.
Date: Before September 1908
Image ID RG07_055
13. Smack FASHION on Maldon Promenade beach.
FASHION was built by Aldous at Brightlingsea in 1894, registered as CK428. In 1923 she was sold and reregistered...
Date: Before June 1943
Image ID RG11_577
14. High Street, Maldon. The car on the left is a Bentall, made at Heybridge.
Image ID SHB_PCD_007
15. Children's Paddle Boats, Marine Lake, Maldon.
Image ID SHB_PCD_009
16. Bathing Pool, looking West, Maldon.
Image ID SHB_PCD_011
17. Last resting place of barges OXYGEN (on the left) and SCOTIA. Photograph from Heybridge sea wall looking across to Maldon. Laid up steam tug BRENT in the...
Date: 23 August 2010
Image ID TM2_5421