1. Barge MAY FLOWER at Maldon. GB on the sail is Green Brothers, her owners.
Image ID BF67_001_036_002
2. Unidentified barge being rebuilt at Maldon. A negative but there is also an unscanned print of this.
"I'm pretty sure this is OAK. Cook's books show an...
Image ID BF68_001_025_003
3. MARIGOLD, a perfect twentieth century reproduction of a mid-nineteenth century shrimper, almost ready to launch at Maldon.
Built by David Patient 1981,...
From: Gaff Rig / Smacks
Image ID BOXB3_134_001_001
4. Maldon scene. Smacks MN23 LIZZIE ANNIE, CK482 KINGFISHER, MN12 POLLY, MN4 SKYLARK.
A glass plate by Douglas Went photograph.
From: Gaff Rig / Smacks
Image ID BOXB3_168_001_003
5. Maldon Hythe on a summer afternoon about 1957.
The smacks include MN21 MAUD and MN23. The barge NELLIE PARKER is on the blocks in the distance. Smoke from...
Image ID BOXB3_180_001_001
6. Maldon Hythe on a summer afternoon in about 1957. A glass plate by Douglas Went, used in The Sailors Coast, page 54, where John Leather writes:
Image ID BOXB5_017_044
7. John Howard built several barge yachts, the largest being the THOMA II launched in 1909. This 100ft clipper bowed and counter sterned craft drew only 4ft 6in....
From: John Howard --- Maldon
Image ID BOXV_012_003_007
8. Barge LADY GWYNFRED at Maldon.
From Album 3.
Image ID FL03_035_001
9. Smack VARUNA CK442 being launched after a complete rebuild at David Patient's Fullbridge yard. David is in the cab driving the crane.
Date: 9 September 2017
Image ID GRD_001_038
10. Sailing barge LEOFLEDA at Maldon. She was built Harwich 1914 and owned by E. Marriage & Sons, East Mills, Colchester. Official No. 132906.
Image ID HBC_006_001
11. Barge LEOFLEDA on the blocks at Maldon.
Image ID HBR00003
12. Homeland Handy Guides - Mersea Island. Page 27. Maldon.
Image ID MD02_049
13. Towing to start line from Maldon. Barry Pearce's steam tug CHRIANIE towing barge VIGILANT.
From slides produced for Molly Kennell's 90th Birthday 1 July...
Image ID MOL_B90_016
14. M.L. MALDON ANNIE after conversion to a motor vessel.
MALDON ANNIE Official No. 146532, 23 tons gross, length 56ft 4in, Wood, 37BHP, registered London...
Date: Before August 1925
Image ID RG04_021
15. Barge MERMAID caught on the wharf at Maldon on a big tide.
There is an entry in Cook's Invoice ledger 'Launch MERMAID off Hythe Quay after big tide...
Date: 7 January 1928
Image ID RG07_031
16. Sailing Barge ETHEL MAUD Constitutional Club trip from Maldon.
Used in an article by Ron Green in Maldon and Heybridge Life January 2015, where Ron...
Image ID RG07_035
17. Maldon. Postmarked 30 April 1905
Date: Before April 1905
Image ID RG07_049
18. Barges at Maldon. Dressing sail on wharf. Postmarked 8 Sep 1908.
Date: Before September 1908
Image ID RG07_055
19. Smack FASHION on Maldon Promenade beach.
FASHION was built by Aldous at Brightlingsea in 1894, registered as CK428. In 1923 she was sold and reregistered...
Date: Before June 1943
Image ID RG11_577
20. Smack POLLY MN12 at Maldon.
Image loaned by SSBR.
Image ID RWS_033_001
21. High Street, Maldon. The car on the left is a Bentall, made at Heybridge.
Image ID SHB_PCD_007
22. Children's Paddle Boats, Marine Lake, Maldon.
Image ID SHB_PCD_009
23. Bathing Pool, looking West, Maldon.
Image ID SHB_PCD_011
24. Last resting place of barges OXYGEN (on the left) and SCOTIA. Photograph from Heybridge sea wall looking across to Maldon. Laid up steam tug BRENT in the...
Date: 23 August 2010
Image ID TM2_5421