1. Postcard of sailing barge BLACKWATER at Bradwell. Believed to be pre-1935.
The distant vessel is most likely to be CARNARVONSHIRE 9,406 grt built 1914, but...
Date: Before 1935
Image ID RG040003
2. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. Postcard, postally used in 1932.
Date: Before 1932
Image ID IA002170
3. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. A postcard marked 3.8.05
Date: 03 August 1905
Image ID IA002410
4. Tom 'Boss' Mole. Taken at Bradwell.
From Album 9.
Image ID FL09_007_005
5. The River Blackwater from Bradwell waterfront. Laid up ships in the distance - the centre and right ships are Royal Mail Lines' DESEADO and DARRO respectively....
Image ID IC010050
6. Bradwell Power Station under construction. Steamer PUNTARENAS is to the left of the crane.
Image ID IC090008
7. Ships in the River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell.
The vessel on the right is BENGUELA, broken up September 1933.
There are two Houlder Bros vessels in the...
Date: Before September 1933
Image ID IC090023
8. A postcard of The Shore, Bradwell on Sea. In the 1930s many ships were laid up in the River Blackwater - among those visible are VOLTAIRE, PORT CURTIS and...
Date: Before May 1932
Image ID IC09_171
9. A Pretty Spot, Bradwell Quay. Postcard 122864.
Prominent on the left is the Shaw Savill TAIROA and on the right is Lamport & Holt's VOLTAIRE. Behind the...
Date: cNovember 1930
Image ID IC09_177
10. Jack Botham aerial photograph 600. Laid up ships in River Blackwater with Bradwell Power Station under construction beyond. The tanker in the foreground is...
Image ID JBA_905
11. Dabchicks at Bradwell. West Mersea Dabchicks at the Green Man 1948 L-R Top Row Sid Sherwood, Billy Johnson, Joe Hewes, Leo M-S, Reg Hempstead, Peter Mason L-R...
Image ID PA1_MIL_AB1_PIC14
12. The view from Bradwell Quay, around 1958. The launch in the centre is marked USAF Air Sea Rescue. The ship behind it is believed to be the Costa Rican...
Image ID IA002060
13. Bradwell power station construction. One of the boilers is being brought ashore. They were built at Thornaby on the River Tees, floated and towed down to...
Image ID REA_AB6_007
14. Barge MAY FLOWER at Bradwell Quay. Postcard 63296.
The photograph demonstrates very well the need for the large posts on the quayside. An empty barge of...
Image ID RG07_003
15. Bradwell Quay. Postcard 363. Sailing barge MAY FLOWER. c1920 - there was correspondence in Mainsheet Spring and Autumn 2012 on the date.
Image ID RG07_171
16. PROTOKLITOS laid up in the Blackwater. Bradwell power station.
35mm slide processed Feb83, via Don Wright, SSBR
Date: cFebruary 1983
Image ID RWS_017_005
Warning - no display image found
17. Laid up ship in the Blackwater off Bradwell, thought to be the Shaw Savill. TAMAROA which was laid up in the Blackwater 20 June 1955 to 1 August 1955.
Date: cJuly 1955
Image ID RWS_000_101
18. North Creek, Bradwell-on-Sea. The ship on the left behind the posts is probably the passenger liner VOLTAIRE, which was laid up in the Blackwater 15 October...
Image ID IA002880