1. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. Postcard, not mailed.
Rue Pullen with a load of passengers.
Image ID AN05_006_005
2. The face of the sailorman. Bill Kirby of Bradwell was skipper of the WATER LILY and one of a noted family of barge owners and skippers from the village. Photo: ...
Image ID BF68_001_024_001
3. Tom 'Boss' Mole. Taken at Bradwell.
From Album 9.
Image ID FL09_007_005
4. Chum Hewes at Bradwell lockup.
Image ID HAY_CHUM_106
5. Chum Hewes and the Bradwell lockup.
Image ID HAY_CHUM_108
6. Bradwell. Snowball Hewes
Image ID HEWK_OPA_027
7. Bradwell. Snowball Hewes
Image ID HEWK_OPA_029
8. Joe Hewes at Bradwell
Image ID HEWK_OPA_039
9. The view from Bradwell Quay, around 1958. The launch in the centre is marked USAF Air Sea Rescue. The ship behind it is believed to be the Costa Rican ...
Image ID IA002060
10. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. Postcard, postally used in 1932.
Date: Before 1932
Image ID IA002170
11. The Quay, Bradwell on Sea. A postcard marked 3.8.05
Date: 03 August 1905
Image ID IA002410
12. North Creek, Bradwell-on-Sea. The ship on the left behind the posts is probably the passenger liner VOLTAIRE, which was laid up in the Blackwater 15 October ...
Image ID IA002880
13. The River Blackwater from Bradwell waterfront. Laid up ships in the distance - the centre and right ships are Royal Mail Lines' DESEADO and DARRO respectively. ...
Image ID IC010050
14. Bradwell Power Station under construction. Steamer PUNTARENAS is to the left of the crane.
Image ID IC090008
15. Ships in the River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell.
The vessel on the right is BENGUELA, broken up September 1933.
There are two Houlder Bros vessels in the ...
Date: Before September 1933
Image ID IC090023
16. A postcard of The Shore, Bradwell on Sea. In the 1930s many ships were laid up in the River Blackwater - among those visible are VOLTAIRE, PORT CURTIS and ...
Date: Before May 1932
Image ID IC09_171
17. A Pretty Spot, Bradwell Quay. Postcard 122864.
Prominent on the left is the Shaw Savill TAIROA and on the right is Lamport & Holt's VOLTAIRE. Behind the ...
Date: cNovember 1930
Image ID IC09_177
18. Jack Botham aerial photograph 600. Laid up ships in River Blackwater with Bradwell Power Station under construction beyond. The tanker in the foreground is ...
Image ID JBA_905
19. Report on the East Anglian Earthquake by Meldola and White, pages 78 and 79.
West Mersea - Barrow Farm.
East Mersea - Mr George Round.
Image ID MAW_P078
20. Dabchicks at Bradwell. West Mersea Dabchicks at the Green Man 1948 L-R Top Row Sid Sherwood, Billy Johnson, Joe Hewes, Leo M-S, Reg Hempstead, Peter Mason L-R ...
Image ID MIL_OPA_027
21. At Bradwell Green Man - Pinky Hewes, Cyril Green, Snowball, Alf Mole
Image ID PUL_OPA_205
22. At Bradwell Green Man - Cyril Green, Joe Hewes
Image ID PUL_OPA_207
23. At Bradwell Green Man. 'Pinky' Hewes, Cyril 'Lizzie' Green, Vic Pullen, Alfie Mole.
Image ID PUL_OPA_209
24. Snowball Hewes, Pinky Hewes, Alfie Mole, Cyril Green at Bradwell.
Date: July 1936
Image ID PUL_OPA_261
25. Bradwell power station construction. One of the boilers is being brought ashore. They were built at Thornaby on the River Tees, floated and towed down to ...
Image ID REA_AB6_007
26. Postcard of sailing barge BLACKWATER at Bradwell. Believed to be pre-1935.
The distant vessel is most likely to be CARNARVONSHIRE 9,406 grt built 1914, but ...
Date: Before 1935
Image ID RG040003
27. Barge MAY FLOWER at Bradwell Quay. Postcard 63296.
The photograph demonstrates very well the need for the large posts on the quayside. An empty barge of ...
Image ID RG07_003
28. Barges at Bradwell Quay. Postcard 369. c1920 - there was correspondence in "Mainsheet" Spring and Autumn 2012 on the date.
Image ID RG07_007
29. Bradwell Quay. Postcard 363. Sailing barge MAY FLOWER. c1920 - there was correspondence in Mainsheet Spring and Autumn 2012 on the date.
Image ID RG07_171
30. Bradwell on Sea.
Image ID RG11_371