1. The 'new' Victory, Coast Road, West Mersea. The house boats on the right are the ERICINA and the EVANDRA. Another copy of this card was mailed 6 July 1916.
Date: Before July 1916
Image ID SFR_220
2. Outside the White Hart after 12" of snow in 1958.
Ron Pamment, George Milgate, Cyril 'Lizzie' Green.
From Album 5.
Image ID FL05_042_002
3. The Public Bar at the Fountain Pub. The pub was run by Major 'Pom' and Dorrie Aldous.
L-R Maurice Jay, Derek Whitelock, John Dixon, 'Hoilly Green, Maurice...
Image ID FL08_066_001
4. The Public Bar at the Fountain Pub. The pub was run by Major 'Pom' and Dorrie Aldous.
Maurice Fletcher, Claude Green. Claude worked part time at Fountain...
Image ID FL08_066_003
5. The Victory, old City, West Mersea. Colchester Brewing Co. W. Trim proprietor. Wines & Spirits.
This pub was closed in 1906 when the new Victory Hotel...
Date: Before 1906
Image ID LH15_202
6. Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea. 1980s?
Image ID LH4_011
7. Fountain Hotel, Queens Corner, now the site of Fountain Court.
It was built in 1912, replacing the earlier Fountain further along East Road near the Fox....
Image ID LH4_029
8. Victory Hotel with its dance hall. The dance hall was burnt down c1942. From Mersea Island Directory c1935.
Image ID MD05_010
9. West Mersea Official Guide. Page 34. White Hart Hotel. Proprietor P.C. Fahie. Telephone West Mersea 66.
Image ID MD05_047
10. Berry's bus outside the White Hart, West Mersea. The White Hart was the terminus in Mersea and in Colchester, the buses stopped outside the Hippodrome in the...
Image ID MF10_001
11. From Mersea Island Golf Club Official Handbook Page 4. The Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea. Proprietor H.T. Hone.
Image ID MIGC_007
12. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 1980 Page 10.
The Pullens of Peldon Rose, by Sybil Brand.
In the early days of the Radio...
Image ID MIS_1980_110
13. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. 1980 Page 11.
The Pullens of Peldon Rose, by Sybil Brand contd.
In a Deed dated October 1898,...
Image ID MIS_1980_111
14. White Hart Bar
Date: 30 May 2010
Image ID MLD_WHT_001
15. Dog & Pheasant, East Mersea, with donor's great uncle outside, centre. Licensee is J.C. Hoy.
Image ID MMC_2010_10_008_F
16. The Old City with the Victory centre left and Cornerways on the right at the bottom of the Lane. Cornerways was later reduced in height. Carriage at the bottom...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_013
17. The new Victory Hotel - a Cleghorn postcard. Landlord Bill Trim to the right of the front door ?
Image ID MMC_P755_033
18. "Our Wants Supplied". Great Eastern Railway bus F1610 outside the White Hart, West Mersea. Jack Saye says that the conductor standing in front of the bus is...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID MMC_P755_078
19. The White Hart, church railings on the left. Church Road beyond.
Image ID MMC_P755_079
20. The White Hart Hotel did not always look half timbered. It is difficult to date this photograph - Berry's bus LC7804 was in service with them 1906 to July 1922....
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_084
21. Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea - a Cleghorn postcard.
Licensee C. Wopling. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's Fine Pale and Mild Ales and Porter.
Cart on the left...
Image ID MMC_P755_107
22. The old Fountain, near the Fox on East Road. It is now Alpine Cottages. Licensee Mary Ann Smith.
Photo by Cleghorn.
Image ID MMC_P755_120
23. East Road - the Fox in the distance and the old Fountain on the right, now Alpine Cottages. The Fountain licensee is Mary Anne Smith. Cleghorn postcard. Another...
Date: Before September 1905
Image ID MMC_P755_144
24. The New Fountain on the left with Fountain Cottage and Upland House beyond. East Road looking towards Queens Corner.
The Fountain is mentioned as 'new' in...
Date: Before August 1913
Image ID MMC_P755_151
25. A Berry bus LC7804 passing the Fountain, Queens Corner. Daniell & Sons, Fine Ales and Stout. Licensee Edith Smith. M.O. Smith has the shop on the...
Date: Before July 1922
Image ID MMC_P755_152
26. View from Church Tower, West Mersea to White Hart and looking north up High Street. The open space just right of centre became the Primrose and later Eastern...
Date: Before 1911
Image ID PG2_127
27. The Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's fine pale and mild ales and porter. Landlord J.H. Death.
Postcard mailed 18 August 1918
Date: Before August 1918
Image ID PG2_221
28. Victory Hotel, West Mersea, from houseboats. Dutch yacht in front of hotel. The Victory Dance Hall can be seen on the east side of the hotel.
Date: Before September 1929
Image ID PG2_311
29. White Hart Hotel, West Mersea, decorated for Coronation of King George VI.
Date: cMay 1937
Image ID RFX_003
30. D'Wits Tea and Oyster Rooms, West Mersea. White Hart on the left. Looking across the corner of Yorick Road - now the Cock's butchers. Postcard published by T...
Image ID RG11_217