1. Houseboats. ERYCINA (left) and EVANDRA (Fifie) formerly WMYC headquarters. In 1910 EVANDRA is mentioned in Yachting World [BOX115_001] as providing...
Date: Before September 1913
Image ID CW5_093
2. Houseboats at West Mersea. Postcard mailed September 1909 from The Rest, W. Mersea.
"We have been living on the sea, only sleeping at house. The children...
Date: Before September 1909
Image ID CW6_031
3. Houseboat in a creek - Fen Farm East Mersea. Early tents in the distance just to the right of it.
The houseboat was owned by a retired ballet teacher and...
Image ID DBO_003
4. The Strood. Barge VICTA, looking somewhat derelict.
VICTA built 1874, Official No. 67085, formerly & CO.
Image ID DBO_017
5. HISPANIA leaving Mersea for restoration. Tug HOFLAND.
Image ID DEP_HIS_035
6. Houseboats from Coast Road. The MARY MILLER prominent in left background, was built Carrickfergus in 1881, Official Number 83974. She was owned in 1892 by John...
Image ID FL12_009_001
7. Houseboat SEAHORSE after the 1953 Floods.
Date: cFebruary 1953
Image ID HAD01_016
8. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3603. Coast Road and houseboats.
Image ID JBA_252
9. Jack Botham aerial photograph 2133A. Coast Road and houseboats.
Notes from elsewhere: MEG MERRILIES. Thames barge (Julian) Lancashire. Motor boat alongside...
Image ID JBA_256
10. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3635. Coast road, Houseboats
1: HISPANIA 2: COLUMBINE 3: SPRAY ('Tinker' Wood's housboat) 4: MULROY 5: DIADEM 6: KISMET 7:...
Image ID JBA_264
11. Part of Jack Botham aerial photograph 3635 with houseboats identified.
1: HISPANIA 2: COLUMBINE 3: SEA SPRAY ('Tinker' Wood's housboat) 4: MULROY 5: DIADEM...
Image ID JBA_265
12. West Mersea houseboats. ARTEMIS in the centre L'ESPERANCE on the right.
ARTEMIS was sold in 1994 and went to Germany for restoration.
Date: Before 1991
Image ID LH23_231
13. Houseboats on Coast Road - HOTSPUR on the right. The laid up ship in the background is GIANIS MARIOS H which was in the river 6 July 1982 to 2 October 1982.
Date: cAugust 1982
Image ID LH53_043
14. Coast Road and houseboats. SEAHORSE on the left.
Image ID LH53_049
15. Houseboats, Coast Road, West Mersea, before the War. From the left can be seen the ERYCINA, the OTHONA and the smack GREBE owned by the Pullen family.
Date: Before 1929.
Image ID LH6_004
16. MOLLIETTE at West Mersea.
Image ID LIL_AB2_035
17. Mistral. Journal of the Mersea Island Society. January 1991. Page 30.
The oldest surviving Camper and Nicholson boat has been lying on...
Date: January 1991
Image ID MIS_1991_038
18. Houseboats at West Mersea. SCEPTRE is pulled up on to the saltings on the left. Victory Hotel distant centre.
Date: 16 February 2008
Image ID MLD_051
19. Houseboats at West Mersea. SCEPTRE is prominent on the left. Victory Hotel distant centre.
Date: 28 February 2008
Image ID MLD_053
20. Houseboat AVEL, with the bow of PEGGOTTY behind her bow and almost hidden. The rest of PEGGOTTY had been demolished 1970-1971. L'ESPERANCE is beyond.
Image ID MLD_081
21. Houseboat COLUMBINE.
Date: 2 September 2010
Image ID MLD_121
22. Hove Creek and the houseboats from Hove Hill. The tall funnel of SEAHORSE can be seen - she was not in her final resting place which was nearer Coast Road.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_010
23. Victory Hotel, West Mersea, from houseboats. Dutch yacht in front of hotel. The Victory Dance Hall can be seen on the east side of the hotel.
Date: Before September 1929
Image ID PG2_311
24. House Boats, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 1931 to Miss Muriel Smith, Norbury. JEQUITA ?
Date: Before 1931
Image ID PG2_317
25. The Houseboats, West Mersea. ERYCINA, COLUMBINE, EVANDRA (Fifie) formerly WMYC headquarters in background. MY FREBELLE II in foreground, owned by Bert Hines,...
Image ID PG2_353
26. Buzzon at High Tide, West Mersea. House boats - AVEL and PEGGOTY upper right ? Smacks in the creek in the distance. Another copy of this postcard was mailed...
Date: Before August 1928
Image ID PG2_505
27. Houseboat ARK ROYAL - Coast Road, West Mersea at high tide.
Michael Procter on Facebook said 2 Sept 2016:
The ARK ROYAL was a flat bottomed converted...
Image ID PJR_021
28. Oyster Pits, Coast Road, West Mersea
Image ID RG050230
29. Houseboats. ERYCINA (left) and EVANDRA (Fifie) formerly WMYC headquarters. In 1910 EVANDRA is mentioned in Yachting World [BOX115_001] as providing...
Date: Before September 1913
Image ID RG11_145
30. Houseboats and Coast Road. Burma Road and Victory on the left. L'ESPERANCE on the right.
Part of a collection of aerial views of Mersea taken by Stacey...
Date: 27 April 2014
Image ID SBB_3725