1. Top Chapel in Mill Road, West Mersea. The building on the left at the end of the drive was a very early school on the island. The Congregational Church is now...
Date: Before May 1905
Image ID ALS_WHI_031
2. The mill in Mill Road, West Mersea.
Image ID ALS_WHI_051
3. Aerial view of part of East Road, West Mersea, looking northeast. Brierley Hall is lower centre. On the left is Mondamin, with Patricia Catchpole's stables next...
Image ID AWA_011
4. Patricia Catchpole's stables on East Road.
Anne Watson says "The second building was put up in 58, we called it "Buckingham Palace" it was an old prefab...
Image ID AWA_025
5. The Romano-British burial barrow on Mersea Island. It was originaly about 22 feet high and 100 feet in diameter but is rather smaller now. Dated to AD 100 to...
Image ID IA003290
6. Parish Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, West Mersea
Date: 20 May 2007
Image ID TM1_6582
7. Parish Church of Saint Edmund, King and Martyr, East Mersea
Date: 31 May 2009
Image ID TM2_2884
8. The Croft, Melrose Road, West Mersea. Home of Clifford White and Family.
Image ID CMW_FAM_203
9. Riverside House, West Mersea. Later 118 Coast Road.
[ In 1911 Census Riverside House was the home of William and Martha Stoker].
Image ID CMW_FAM_207
10. Surviving earthworks of the East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. Taken from the seawall looking south.
Image ID COR2_020_001
11. The Blockhouse Fort at East Mersea.
Drawing: Cudmore Grove Country Park / Essex County Council.
Image ID COR2_020_003
12. From a Paper on Mersea Island read by Dr Philip Laver at AGM of Essex Archaeological Society.
Foundation of Roman Building at West Mersea. [known as the...
Date: 26 April 1923
Image ID CW2_EAS_009_001
13. Former Post Office, High Street opposite Yorick Road. Toby Greenleaf.
From Dixon family photographs.
Image ID CW2_P15_009
14. Cottages in The Lane, West Mersea. The cottages at the right hand end had once been the Ship public house. The cottages were demolished and the City Hall built...
Image ID CW5_027
15. Digby's Shop being demolished.
Image ID DBO_077
16. Fair Haven Estate brochure. Page 3. Residence of Mr Leaonard Weaver "Fair Haven" [now Brierley Hall]. Photo F. Pallett.
Image ID DCK_FAV_004
17. Brierley Hall on East Road, West Mersea, formerly Leakey's Hall. The ladies are waiting in their carriage outside the front door.
From The Fair Haven...
Image ID DCK_FAV_004_001
18. Good Road for Cyclists, "Fair Haven". From page 9 of the Fair Haven Estate brochure from the 1900s.
Brierley Hall, East Road, West Mersea - view looking...
Image ID DCK_FAV_010_001
19. West Mersea Methodist Church 125th Anniversary. Flower Festival.
From Album 1. Accession No. 2016-11-001A
Date: 7 June 1986
Image ID FL01_013_002
20. Demolition of the Fountain Hotel at Queens Corner.
Date: December 1999
Image ID FLE_013
21. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea - the way it looked in the 1960s before the thatch was replaced with tiles and huge patio doors fitted at the front by...
Image ID GWD_SUS_001
22. Old Ship Cottage, East Mersea. The extension that was added in the late 1930s when Arthur Greenwood was sure war was coming soon - the work was done by Mr May...
Image ID GWD_SUS_003
23. East Mersea Church Interior 1912. The box pews were replaced with chairs in 1913. Photo from A Short History of the Parish Churches of East Mersea and West...
Image ID IA004145
24. The Wheel Tomb. Found on Mersea Island 1896.
Roman tomb found 1923 a few yards east of the wheel tomb
From Victoria County History of Essex vol 3...
Image ID IA01_BAR_003
25. Coopers Beach Chalets
Date: March 1999
Image ID JCN_001
26. East Mersea Hall - East Mersea Fete
Date: August 1999
Image ID JCN_002
27. Mrs Josie Condon [ Mary Josephine ] driving a pony and trap outside Vine Cottage at the top of The Lane. Josie Condon rented Vine Cottage up to about 1926. The...
Image ID KNL_CAR_001
28. View from West Mersea church tower. Coast Road and Yew Tree House.
Image ID LH19_026
29. 1987 Hurricane. Kingsland Road. One of a collection of slides on show in the Museum - taken by Len Harvey after the Great Storm of 1987.
Date: 16 October 1987
Image ID LH3_006
30. 1987 Hurricane
Date: 16 October 1987
Image ID LH3_014