1. Oyster laying for sale, House Propert, Smacks, auction E.J. Craske 23 Feb 1875.
Lot 1 Stone House
Smacks THE SARAH, THE BROTHERS, THE ...
Date: 23 February 1875
Image ID ABD_039
2. West Mersea Parish Church in the snow.
Image ID ABK_017
3. Adela Cottage, Victory Road, West Mersea. Built 1908 for Ernest (Manny) French. Named after the schooner ADELA on which Ernest was Chief Steward.
Image ID ACN_001
4. Top Chapel in Mill Road, West Mersea. The building on the left at the end of the drive was a very early school on the island. The Congregational Church is now ...
Date: Before May 1905
Image ID ALS_WHI_031
5. The mill in Mill Road, West Mersea.
Image ID ALS_WHI_051
6. The rear of 22 Victory Road, West Mersea. Home of Joan, Norman and Ann Ward. They had bought the land from Mrs de Manby - enough to build numbers 22 and 26. ...
Image ID AN04_037_003
7. Emily Pullen outside "Beeches", now 26 Victory Road. Number 22 next door, where the Ward family eventually lived, is yet to be built.
Image ID AN13_029_001
8. Summer House at the back of 26 Victory Road. Ann Ward
Date: August 1964
Image ID AN13_030_001
9. Anthea Harding sitting on the wall at her grandparent's house - 'Strood Close' on the Peldon side of the Strood. This wall came down in the 1953 flood.
Date: Before February 1953
Image ID AW02_001_126
10. Gwendoline and Edward Harding outside their home - Strood Close, The Strood, Peldon. They named the house Strood Close. They had bought the house from ...
Image ID AW02_003
11. Aerial view of part of East Road, West Mersea, looking northeast. Brierley Hall is lower centre. On the left is Mondamin, with Patricia Catchpole's stables next ...
Image ID AWA_011
12. Patricia Catchpole's stables on East Road.
Anne Watson says "The second building was put up in 58, we called it "Buckingham Palace" it was an old prefab ...
Image ID AWA_025
13. Patricia Catchpole at Hall Barn Riding Stables.
Image ID AWA_029
14. Orleans House, West Mersea, now demolished. From Essex in Literature, Essex County Standard 6 May 1960.
Date: Before 6 May 1960
Image ID BOXL_045_001_003
15. Catholic Church of St Cedd and St Gregory, West Mersea. 50th Anniversary Mass and Barbecue. 1962-2012.
Founding families Banks, Bouckley, Davis, Fahie, ...
Date: 16 June 2012
Image ID CEDD_001
16. Mr & Mrs Wheeler's house in Lower Kingsland Road ?
The girls with the lovely pushchair are not known.
Image ID CHS_013
17. Grandmother Southgate's cottage onthe left. Mrs Cundy's cottage first door. The Lane. March 1961, just before Cundy's cottage was demolished.
Now Curlew ...
Date: March 1961
Image ID CHS_025
18. Last days of Cherry Cottage, The Lane.
On the left is the shed used by Bert Cudmore, the carrier.
The 1951 Electoral Roll says Mrs Florence G. Mole ...
Date: March 1961.
Image ID CHS_027
19. The Croft, Melrose Road, West Mersea. Home of Clifford White and Family.
Image ID CMW_FAM_203
20. Riverside House, West Mersea. Later 118 Coast Road.
The lady on left is Martha Stoker, the girl standing is Grace Stoker [Andy Brown]
[ In 1911 ...
Image ID CMW_FAM_207
21. West Mersea Water Tower
Constructed with red bricks manufactured and supplied by Clifford White & Co., West Mersea.
Image ID CMW_WTW_005
22. Surviving earthworks of the East Mersea Blockhouse Fort. Taken from the seawall looking south.
Image ID COR2_020_001
23. The Blockhouse Fort at East Mersea.
Drawing: Cudmore Grove Country Park / Essex County Council.
Image ID COR2_020_003
24. Roman Catholic Church of St Cedd & St Gregory, West Mersea. Stained glass window in the Lady Chapel.
This church was built in 1962 and has a fine ...
Image ID CPK_CED_001
25. East Mersea Parish Church - East Window in memory of Ernest Arthur Lazarus Barlow. c1920.
After the end of the Great War 1914 - 1918 the family of ...
Image ID CPK_EMP_001
26. West Mersea Parish Church, south aisle. Stained glass window by Lisa McFarlane in 2005, commemorating Mersea Island's Fishermen and Oystermen.
At the top ...
Image ID CPK_WMP_003
27. Brierley Hall Estate brochure Page 11. Brierley Hall.
Date: After August 1908
Image ID CW2_BHE_011_001
28. From a Paper on Mersea Island read by Dr Philip Laver at AGM of Essex Archaeological Society.
Foundation of Roman Building at West Mersea. [known as the ...
Date: 26 April 1923
Image ID CW2_EAS_009_001
29. Former Post Office, High Street opposite Yorick Road. Toby Greenleaf.
From Dixon family photographs.
Image ID CW2_P15_009
30. West Mersea Church - interior. Postcard 101942.
Writing on the back says "Its ever so old, all the pews are painted bottle green it does look ...
Date: Before April 1932
Image ID CW3_001