1. Samuel Cant White in family group c1897.
Back row 1. May 2. Frederick 3. Clifford
Middle row 4. Grace 5. Samuel Cant 6. Katie 7. Horace
Image ID CMW_FAM_037
2. Skull dug up in 1979 behind the Coast Road cottages near West Mersea church.
Image ID COR2_012_004
3. Posts in the mud about 200 yds East of Seaview Avenue, West Mersea, visible at low tide. They are believed by some, but not all, to be an Anglo-Saxon fish...
Date: 9 July 2006
Image ID DIS07_FWR_SVW_0294
4. Posts in the mud about 200 yds East of Seaview Avenue, West Mersea, visible at low tide. They are believed by some, but not all, to be an Anglo-Saxon fish weir...
Date: 9 July 2006
Image ID DIS07_FWR_SVW_0295
5. East Mersea School in the 1930s.
L-R 1: Phyllis Richer 2: Joyce Marriage 3: Elsie Goodrum 4: Harold Johnson 5: Maurice Johnson 6: Charles Farthing 7:...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_082
6. Home Farm, East Mersea. The farmhouse was demolished in the 1950s, roof tiles from the house were re-used on the present bungalow. Postcard 101902.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_011
7. The Bungalows, Sunny Beach, East Mersea. This became known as Coopers Beach. The chalets were replaced by caravans by 2000.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_074
8. Cosway's Caravan Site in East Mersea was developed in the 1950s.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_081
9. Penfold's DIY, Barfield Road, West Mersea, formerly Clifford White Builders.
At the height of the blaze 5 fire appliances and an aerial ladder from Colchester...
Date: 20 April 1999
Image ID DIS2006_FIR_N07
10. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_109
11. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_110
12. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_111
13. Women's Land Army at Mersea
Back L-R 1., 2. Kath, 3. Win Pavey.
Front 1. Elsie Brooker, 2., 3.
From Joan Ward.
Win Pavey came to the WLA on...
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_113
14. From Joan Ward l-r Win Pavey, Joan Pullen, Joyce from London
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_115
15. From Joan Ward. Joyce from London, Joan Pullen, East Mersea
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_116
16. Ruby Tucker nee Balls in Women's Land Army uniform.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_120
17. Margaret Penfold drove a milk delivery van in the Halstead area while in the Women's Land Army. Cream Line Dairy, Chelmsford.
Accession No. 2016-10-003F
Date: cSeptember 1943
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_121
18. Margaret Penfold, Women's Land Army.
Accession No. 2016_10_003E
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_122
19. Land Girls at Nazeing in a variety of working clothes. Mary, Joan, Dorren, Mac, Peggy
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_126
20. Mrs Doris Northwood (right) and Phylis Northwood (sister in law) - in the Women's Land Army in the Nazeing area.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_127
21. Women's Land Army. Used on Abbotts Hall page in 2008 Land Army exhibition.
Photograph from Essex Wildlife May 2005
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_132
22. Women's Land Army. Babs [Newman ?] right on front row
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_151
23. Women's Land Army. From Molly ?
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_161
24. A wedding at West Mersea Parish Church. We have not been able to identify the couple in these pictures, or any of the people in the churchyard, but this is a...
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_016
25. Wedding of Ruby Balls and Peter Tucker on 26 June 1948. The wedding service was performed by Rev. Hughes, Vicar of West Mersea.
L-R: Jane Cudmore (later...
Date: 26 June 1948
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_021
26. Wedding Mole family.
The following probably applies to this photograph:
Reg and Kate Mole's Wedding. Best man on left is George Mole of St. Peters Road....
Date: 23 May 1916
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_023
27. This picture was taken after the marriage of Frances Smith and Frederick George Unwin on 8 April 1912. Frances belonged to the bakery family in Mill Road and...
Date: 8 April 1912
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_042
28. It must have been cold posing for this photograph outside the bride's home because the marriage took place at the church of St. Peter and St. Paul on Christmas...
Date: 25 December 1924
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_043
29. On 15 November 1924 Hartley Oliver Brown married Hilda Stoker at West Mersea Parish Church.
Hartley was brother of Ethel and his father was Charles Frederick...
Date: 15 November 1924
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_046
30. Edith Margaret (Peggy - née Marriage) and Linden Le Marquand leaving the Church of St. Edmund, King and Martyr, East Mersea after their marriage on 17...
Date: 17 August 1944
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_055