1. Samuel Cant White in family group c1897.
Back row 1. May 2. Frederick 3. Clifford
Middle row 4. Grace 5. Samuel Cant 6. Katie 7. Horace
Image ID CMW_FAM_037
2. Skull dug up in 1979 behind the Coast Road cottages near West Mersea church.
Image ID COR2_012_004
3. Posts in the mud about 200 yds East of Seaview Avenue, West Mersea, visible at low tide. They are believed by some, but not all, to be an Anglo-Saxon fish...
Date: 9 July 2006
Image ID DIS07_FWR_SVW_0294
4. Posts in the mud about 200 yds East of Seaview Avenue, West Mersea, visible at low tide. They are believed by some, but not all, to be an Anglo-Saxon fish weir...
Date: 9 July 2006
Image ID DIS07_FWR_SVW_0295
5. Cosway's Caravan Site in East Mersea was developed in the 1950s.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_081
6. Penfold's DIY, Barfield Road, West Mersea, formerly Clifford White Builders.
At the height of the blaze 5 fire appliances and an aerial ladder from Colchester...
Date: 20 April 1999
Image ID DIS2006_FIR_N07
7. Margaret Penfold drove a milk delivery van in the Halstead area while in the Women's Land Army. Cream Line Dairy, Chelmsford.
Accession No. 2016-10-003F
Date: cSeptember 1943
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_121
8. Margaret Penfold, Women's Land Army.
Accession No. 2016_10_003E
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_122
9. This picture was taken after the marriage of Frances Smith and Frederick George Unwin on 8 April 1912. Frances belonged to the bakery family in Mill Road and...
Date: 8 April 1912
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_042
10. Wedding of Edith Margaret (Peggy - née Marriage) and Linden Le Marquand. The reception was held at Weir Farm and the photograph shows a group sitting...
Date: 17 August 1944
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_057
11. Fred I. Wass. Hairdresser and Tobacconist.
Frederick Inward Wass was born in 1912. He started work on a Saturday as a lather boy for Bobby Keyes when he...
Image ID DIS2010_WASS_003
12. A modern oyster dredger.
Image ID DIS2011_OYS_052
13. Fish Weir or Fish Trap on the Nass. East side. There are a number of fish weirs in the River Blackwater, visible on very low tides in areas where the mud has...
Date: January 2003
Image ID RM080004
14. Land Girls at Bower Hall Farm, Mersea. 1. Elsie, 2. Doris, 3. Alexander, 4. Edie, 5. Mona Quick from Shoreditch. Driver Frank Richer. Caterpillar D4...
Image ID GRD_LAN_005
15. Land Girls. Bert Wright,
Front L-R Doris, Lil.
Back Kath, Bert Wright, Mona, Elsie.
Image ID GRD_LAN_007
16. Land Girls during threshing at East Hall Farm. The cart belongs to J. Austin.
Image ID GRD_LAN_009
17. PHIALLE 30ft. Kim Holman Design No. 1 1955, for Kim Holman. Built by Whisstocks of Woodbridge.
From Mersea Museum 2008 - Holman and Pye display.
Image ID HOL_001_001
18. Mersea Museum - the Cottage.
Date: June 2011
Image ID MLD_COT_003_COTTAGE10
19. Mersea Museum - the kitchen table inside the Cottage.
Date: June 2011
Image ID MLD_COT_005
20. Pre-Roman Belgic Cremation burial pottery found in garden in Fairhaven Avenue in 1979. Cup and pedestal urn. AD 40-200.
Described in article in Essex...
Image ID MMC_P216_001
21. Pre-Roman Belgic Cremation burial pottery found in garden in Fairhaven Avenue in 1979. AD 40-200.
Described in article in Essex Archaeology and History, 1981,...
Image ID MMC_P216_002
22. Wedding Mole family.
The following probably applies to this photograph:
Reg and Kate Mole's Wedding. My guess at date would be about 1913. Best man on...
Date: 23 May 1916
Image ID PA1_MOL_PIC09
23. Chart of River Blackwater compiled and drawn 1912 by W S Draycott for Royal Cruising Club. Shown in Mersea Museum 2009 summer exhibition.
Image ID PA1_MUS_MAP_BLACKWATER
24. Photograph was taken outside Moss Cottage, Queens Corner after the marriage of Lucy Sarah Hoy and Archibald Percy Green on 29 September 1917 at St. Peter and...
Date: 29 September 1917
Image ID RG11_315
25. A large Roman Amphora. These vessels were made in the Mediterranean area in Roman times and used for storing oil, wine, honey etc. The pointed base was designed...
Image ID RLB_005_001
26. Mersea Museum 2007 Exhibition - Paul Jasper looking at the Local Families and Local Businesses display.
Paul was a good friend to the Museum and recorded...
Date: 5 May 2007
Image ID TM1_6142
27. Fisherman's Cottage at start of 2009 season, with the second door added.
Date: 12 May 2009
Image ID TM2_2603
28. A piece of ENDEAVOUR's tow rope which was severed on the night of 13th September 1937 at about 11 o'clock at night in the Atlantic, 250 miles off Nantucket on...
Date: 3 November 2009
Image ID TM2_3698
29. 2010 Office Display. Wm Allen, S.A.M. Hines. NCR Bookkeeping machine from Underwoods, Oliver 1910 typewriter, embossing machine, IBM Magnetic Card typewriter.
Date: 11 June 2010
Image ID TM2_5067
30. Mersea Museum 2010 Exhibition. Gun punt, model smack, WW2, Office Display.
Date: 12 June 2010
Image ID TM2_5072