1. Samuel Cant White in family group c1897.
Back row 1. May 2. Frederick 3. Clifford
Middle row 4. Grace 5. Samuel Cant 6. Katie 7. Horace
Image ID CMW_FAM_037
2. Skull dug up in 1979 behind the Coast Road cottages near West Mersea church.
Image ID COR2_012_004
3. Posts in the mud about 200 yds East of Seaview Avenue, West Mersea, visible at low tide. They are believed by some, but not all, to be an Anglo-Saxon fish ...
Date: 9 July 2006
Image ID DIS07_FWR_SVW_0294
4. Posts in the mud about 200 yds East of Seaview Avenue, West Mersea, visible at low tide. They are believed by some, but not all, to be an Anglo-Saxon fish weir ...
Date: 9 July 2006
Image ID DIS07_FWR_SVW_0295
5. Kiddiesland from the sea. Kiddiesland was developed during the 1930s to provide a permanent site for children from London to spend their holidays. In addition ...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_072
6. East Mersea School in the 1930s.
L-R 1: Phyllis Richer 2: Joyce Marriage 3: Elsie Goodrum 4: Harold Johnson 5: Maurice Johnson 6: Charles Farthing 7: ...
Image ID DIS2003_EMF_082
7. Home Farm, East Mersea. The farmhouse was demolished in the 1950s, roof tiles from the house were re-used on the present bungalow. Postcard 101902.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_011
8. East Mersea Hall.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_071
9. The Bungalows, Sunny Beach, East Mersea. This became known as Coopers Beach. The chalets were replaced by caravans by 2000.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_074
10. Cosway's Caravan Site in East Mersea was developed in the 1950s.
Image ID DIS2004_EME_081
11. Penfold's DIY, Barfield Road, West Mersea, formerly Clifford White Builders.
At the height of the blaze 5 fire appliances and an aerial ladder from Colchester ...
Date: 20 April 1999
Image ID DIS2006_FIR_N07
12. West Mersea Fire Brigade - crew of 2004.
Left to right Back row Robert Dean, lan Moncur, Nigel Balls
Middle row Mick James, Maurice Board, Gary ...
Image ID DIS2006_FIR_N16
13. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_109
14. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_110
15. Women's Land Army poster.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_111
16. Ruby Tucker née Balls in Women's Land Army uniform.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_120
17. Margaret Penfold drove a milk delivery van in the Halstead area while in the Women's Land Army. Cream Line Dairy, Chelmsford.
Accession No. 2016-10-003F
Date: cSeptember 1943
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_121
18. Margaret Penfold, Women's Land Army.
Accession No. 2016_10_003E
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_122
19. Land Girls at Nazeing in a variety of working clothes. Mary, Joan, Dorren, Mac, Peggy
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_126
20. Mrs Doris Northwood (right) and Phylis Northwood (sister in law) - in the Women's Land Army in the Nazeing area.
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_127
21. Women's Land Army. Used on Abbotts Hall page in 2008 Land Army exhibition.
Photograph from Essex Wildlife May 2005
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_132
22. Women's Land Army. Babs [Newman ?] right on front row
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_151
23. Women's Land Army. From Molly ?
Image ID DIS2008_WLA_161
24. We are confident that this is the wedding of Elsie Anna Farthing and John Lungley on 11 February 1905 (it has been professionally dated to c1901 - ...
Date: 11 February 1905
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_002
25. You couldn't take a similar photograph on Coast Road now! This is the marriage of Leonard William Stoker and Florence Louisa Bianchi which took place at the ...
Date: 4 November 1916
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_003
26. This wonderful horseless carriage, owned we believe by Mr. Roy Littlehale is about to take Arthur Hempstead and his wife the former Isabella May Gardner to ...
Date: 30 August 1909
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_009
27. This photograph, taken outside Haycocks Farm, shows Archibald Johnson and his bride Eva née Clancy after their Colchester wedding in 1929. Bertha Johnson ...
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_010
28. Samuel James Mills and Nellie French leaving West Mersea Parish Church after their marriage on 31 May 1919. Nellie was the daughter of James French and Grace ...
Date: 31 May 1919
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_011
29. Wedding of Samuel James Mills and Nellie French. The happy couple, surrounded by family and friends, are posing for a group photograph at the top of Victory ...
Date: 31 May 1919
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_012
30. Here are Robert (Bob) Stoker and Eleanor Geddes after their marriage at St. Peter and St. Paul Church on 8 July 1933. The parish register entry says Bobby was a ...
Date: 8 July 1933
Image ID DIS2009_MAR_013