1. The Beach, West Mersea
Image ID TMPC0705
2. The Beach, West Mersea. Postcard by F.W. Pawsey & Sons.
Image ID IA002340
3. A structure that has appeared from the mud to the east of the Blockhouse Fort near East Mersea Stone. The stakes have since been dated by CITiZAN as between...
Date: 15 August 2016
Image ID CZN_021
4. Boardwalk timbers found off Coopers Beach.
Date: 19 January 2017
Image ID CZN_TBR_011
5. Boardwalk timbers found off Coopers Beach. Team gently lifting timber 2.
Date: c19 January 2017
Image ID CZN_TBR_021
6. Boardwalk timbers found off Coopers Beach. Jane cleaning timber 4.
Date: 31 March 2017
Image ID CZN_TBR_031
7. Boardwalk timbers found off Coopers Beach. Wrapping timber 3. They were sent for dating and then to the Mary Rose Trust for preservation, before they come back...
Date: 31 March 2017
Image ID CZN_TBR_041
8. Two Sugars Cafe on Victoria Esplanade. Gun No.1 emplacement to the west of it appears to have been recently demolished. Willoughby Car Park behind.
Image ID DC3_011
9. Posts in the mud about 200 yds East of Seaview Avenue, West Mersea, visible at low tide. They are believed by some, but not all, to be an Anglo-Saxon fish weir...
Date: 9 July 2006
Image ID DIS07_FWR_SVW_0295
10. Once a strongpoint in West Mersea's defences against the Nazi invasion, this blockhouse is now a happy rendezvous for holidaymakers and local folk in search of...
Date: 14 October 1949
Image ID DM1_AB4_021_003
11. Another popular meeting place for lads from the 50s through to the late 60s was an area of grass between the small gunsite shop on the beach [ Searchlight Cafe...
Image ID FL01_061_002
12. On the beach by the Searchlight Cafe.
Back 1. John 'Skidger' Green, 2. 'Chicks' Milgate, 3. David 'Mowy' Mussett
Centre 1. Graham 'Goofy' Woods, 2....
Image ID FL01_062_001
13. Beach Club
Back Brenda Diprose (Whiting), Sharon Lay.
Centre Colin Tucker, Stephen Farthing, Debbie Farthing, Anne Marriage, Stanley 'Bump'...
Image ID FL03_019_001
14. MICHALAKIS on the mud near the bottom of Empress Avenue.
Beryl Milgate, Ron Pamment, Alan Pamment.
From Album 3.
Date: c14 February 1958
Image ID FL03_028_003
15. This Floating Dock was blown ashore on Decoy Point in the recent gales. Newspaper cutting dated Feb 15, 1946.
Date: 15 February 1946
Image ID IA002680
16. Girl Guides West Mersea Cooking & Camp Fire.
Image ID GG04_006_001
17. Land Army girls with Alexandra Family at the bottom of Fairhaven Avenue. Fairhaven Cafe in the background.
Image ID GRD_LAN_019
18. Beach Huts after the 1953 Floods. Between Fairhaven and Seaview Avenue.
Date: cFebruary 1953
Image ID HAD01_003
19. Cooper's Beach
Image ID HHD_CPB_001
20. Cooper's Beach
Image ID HHD_CPB_013
21. Cliffs at Cooper's Beach
Image ID HHD_CPB_019
22. West Mersea beach with the ice piled up in the hard winter of 1962-63.
Date: January 1963
Image ID IA003450
23. Ice piled up on the beach at West Mersea, in the hard winter of 1962-63. There was a lot of ice in the river and the creeks round Mersea were all frozen, except...
Date: cJanuary 1963
Image ID IA003451
24. Beach huts at West Mersea after the 1953 Great Flood.
Date: February 1953
Image ID IC090031
25. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3205. Decoy Point. Early days at Waldegraves Caravan site.
Image ID JBA_089
26. Jack Botham Aerial photograph 3211. Victoria Esplanade car park. Alexandra Avenue.
Image ID JBA_128
27. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3213. Boating Lake in centre with Lower Kingsland Road beyond. Corner of Broomhills Road and Victoria Esplanade on right.
Image ID JBA_658
28. Shears Court flats, built on the site of the boating lake.
Image ID LH4_041
29. Boathouse at the end of Beach Road - this house has since been replaced. Laid up in the river are MEADOWBANK and SOPHIA C.
Date: cSeptember 1982
Image ID LH4_057
30. Beach Huts, West Mersea, by the bottom of Willoughby Avenue.
Date: 3 July 2008
Image ID MLD_059