1. The Beach, West Mersea
Image ID TMPC0705
2. The Beach, West Mersea. Postcard by F.W. Pawsey & Sons.
Image ID IA002340
3. Posts in the mud about 200 yds East of Seaview Avenue, West Mersea, visible at low tide. They are believed by some, but not all, to be an Anglo-Saxon fish weir...
Date: 9 July 2006
Image ID DIS07_FWR_SVW_0295
4. This Floating Dock was blown ashore on Decoy Point in the recent gales. Newspaper cutting dated Feb 15, 1946.
Date: 15 February 1946
Image ID IA002680
5. Girl Guides West Mersea Cooking & Camp Fire.
Image ID GG04_006_001
6. Land Army girls with Alexandra Family at the bottom of Fairhaven Avenue. Fairhaven Cafe in the background.
Image ID GRD_LAN_019
7. Beach Huts after the 1953 Floods. Between Fairhaven and Seaview Avenue.
Date: cFebruary 1953
Image ID HAD01_003
8. Cooper's Beach
Image ID HHD_CPB_001
9. Cooper's Beach
Image ID HHD_CPB_013
10. Cliffs at Cooper's Beach
Image ID HHD_CPB_019
11. West Mersea beach with the ice piled up in the hard winter of 1962-63.
Date: January 1963
Image ID IA003450
12. Ice piled up on the beach at West Mersea, in the hard winter of 1962-63. There was a lot of ice in the river and the creeks round Mersea were all frozen, except...
Date: cJanuary 1963
Image ID IA003451
13. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3205. Decoy Point. Early days at Waldegraves Caravan site.
Image ID JBA_089
14. Jack Botham Aerial photograph 3211. Victoria Esplanade car park. Alexandra Avenue.
Image ID JBA_128
15. Jack Botham aerial photograph 3213. Boating Lake in centre with Lower Kingsland Road beyond. Corner of Broomhills Road and Victoria Esplanade on right.
Image ID JBA_658
16. Boathouse at the end of Beach Road - this house has since been replaced. Laid up in the river are MEADOWBANK and SOPHIA C.
Date: cSeptember 1982
Image ID LH4_057
17. West Mersea Official Guide. Page 25. Bathing at West Mersea.
Image ID MD05_034
18. Beach Huts, West Mersea, by the bottom of Willoughby Avenue.
Date: 3 July 2008
Image ID MLD_059
19. Mersea History Walk 23.
Pathway across the marsh from Coast Road to the beach wearing away many marsh plants.
Date: 29 July 2006
Image ID MLD_HWK_025
20. Looking towards Buzz'n from Monkey Beach. Another copy of this postcad was mailed 19 August 1920
Date: Before August 1920
Image ID MMC_P202_003
21. Looking across St. Peter's Meadow to the beach and fisherman's hard, from Coast Road. Hove Creek comes in bottom right. There is a line of barbed wire just...
Image ID MMC_P452
22. West Mersea beach. The diving board can be seen - it was off the end of Alexandra Avenue and lasted until WW2.
Image ID MMC_P753_A_008
23. Orleans Cottage, West Mersea, with the church beyond. Kings Hard in the foreground.
W.H. Tilston's Series postcard.
Image ID MMC_P755_067
24. The Beach looking towards Seaview Avenue. Postcard 84662.
Image ID MMC_P755_140
25. Beach Tea Gardens - West Mersea. The sign on the fence says The Garden Cafe. This later became the Spinney Cafe.
The Garden Cafe, along with 10 beach huts,...
Image ID MMC_P870_J
26. A view of the concrete blocks by the beach near Buzz'n and thought to be an anti-landing craft defence.. The base of an old pillbox can be seen on the right.
Image ID TM1_7433
27. Putting Green and Esplanade car park, West Mersea. Postcard
Image ID PA1_CLR_AB1_PIC54
28. Kings Hard looking towards the beach, Orleans and West Mersea Church.
Image ID PA1_RG1_AB05_RON272
29. Boating Lake, West Mersea.
Image ID PG2_059
30. West Mersea Beach. Postcard 98752 mailed 20 July 1926.
Date: Before July 1926
Image ID PG2_081