1. On the beach at the bottom of Seaview Avenue. Shameen in the background.
Image ID WVR1_002
2. Smack GRACIE, owned by the Vince family.
Image ID WVR1_011
3. Vera, Emily and Hardie Weaver (in sun hat - born June 1910, so this picture is around 1913 ?). [Emily was wife of Leonard Weaver, mother of Vera (about 1902), ...
Image ID WVR1_020
4. Connie Weaver, Seaview Avenue. Daughter of Emily and Leonard Weaver, born c1889.
Image ID WVR1_021
5. Fairhaven House in Seaview Avenue. Home of Leonard Weaver and family.
Image ID WVR1_027
6. Large ketch yacht. Thought to be THOMA II which for some of her career had this standing gaff rig. On mud at Mersea or a bottom scrape ?
Image ID WVR1_030
7. Horse drawn carriage at the Cross on East Road, turning into Dawes Lane. Berwick House in the distance looks as if it is still under construction. The carriage ...
Image ID WVR1_031
8. Two small lugsail boats working from West Mersea beach. A family group wants to board by crossing the rowboat while young Hardy Weaver makes sand castles
Image ID WVR1_033
9. Barge MAFEKING unloading bricks on Mersea beach for building houses in Fairhaven Avenue, West Mersea.
Image ID WVR1_037
10. Weaver family baby on beach at bottom of Seaview Avenue. Shameen in the background.
Image ID WVR1_040
11. Afloat; The Misses McDermott (white haired) and Hensman family
Image ID WVR1_041
12. Seaview Avenue 1922/23. The car is a Clement Bayard (1913 ?) model owned by Mr Edwards, 187 Harlesden Road, Willesden Green. Driver Leslie Edwards. Mrs Weaver ...
Image ID WVR1_049
13. Sea View Avenue, West Mersea. Postcard 101929.
Fairhaven House in Seaview Avenue.
Image ID WVR1_052
14. Sea View Avenue. Postcard 101923.
Postcard 101930 taken the same time dates this before July 1929.
Date: Before July 1929
Image ID WVR1_053
15. Seaview Avenue, West Mersea. Postcard 135972.
Image ID WVR1_054
16. Waiting for the tide at the Strood. Postcard 135960.
Nearest car JN763 - JN registration was used by Southend from 1930.
The van on the right is from ...
Date: Before August 1932
Image ID WVR1_058
17. The Strood at High Tide. Postcard 135959.
Image ID WVR1_059
18. Waiting to cross the Strood at high tide. At the front of the queue is an RAC motor cycle, perhaps expecting some work.
Lettering on side of bus probably ...
Date: Before August 1933
Image ID WVR1_060
19. Leakeys Hall, now Brierley Hall, East Road.
Image ID WVR1_066
20. Fairhaven Avenue early 1900s. The distant houses in the centre of the picture are 'Clovelly', 'Beachy Head' and 'Coverdale' at the top of Seaview Avenue.
Image ID WVR1_069
21. Houses on east side of Seaview Avenue.
Image ID WVR1_071
22. Kings Hard near church.
Image ID WVR1_073
23. Weaver family on beach by Kings Hard. Orleans just visible right in background.
Image ID WVR1_074
24. A 'stackie' barge at West Mersea Hard. Stonehill House is on the right with Firs Chase to the left of it, but "Journey's End" has not yet been built. (The land ...
Date: Before 1908
Image ID WVR1_079
25. The River Colne from East Mersea. Steam yacht lying in the Pyefleet (VALFREYIA ?) and a barge coming down river.
Image ID WVR1_084
| || |