1. Tilbury ferry ROSE being hauled up the slipway at Harwich Navyard. Soon after this, the site became Navyard Wharf.
ROSE was built 1960, 214 tons gross. In ...
Date: 22 March 1962
Image ID TM62_0005
2. Auxiliary barge WILL EVERARD and coaster SEDULITY at Colchester Gas Works.
WILL EVERARD built of steel at Fellows, Great Yarmouth, 1925, Official No. ...
Date: 24 March 1962
Image ID TM62_0006
3. Ferry BRIGHTLINGSEA arriving Halfpenny Pier, Harwich. She was built at Rowhedge Ironworks 1925 for the LNER ferry services between Harwich, Shotley and ...
Date: 5 September 1963
Image ID TM63_0060
4. Rowbotham's small tanker RUDDERMAN heading down river past Rowhedge on the Colne. The small Rowbotham tankers were regular callers at Colchester Hythe in the ...
Date: 3 November 1964
Image ID TM640080
5. School House, Birch, on a wintry morning. The house was built with the school c1848. In 1984, it was used as extra classroom accommodation while alterations ...
Date: 13 January 1964
Image ID TM640091
6. White Christmas, Birch Church, 1964.
The church is now no longer used and is derelict. Services are held at Layer Breton.
Date: 25 December 1964
Image ID TM640092
7. Christmas Day at Birch. Mrs Round's house from the School gardens.
Date: 25 December 1964
Image ID TM640093
8. School House, Birch and the gardens in front of the School.
Date: 17 June 1966
Image ID TM640103
9. Mersea Museum main hall, from the entrance.
Date: 14 March 2015
Image ID TM6_0427
10. The Radio Caroline ship ROSS REVENGE laid up in River Blackwater.
She arrived 1 August 2014 on her second visit to the River. She had previously been ...
Date: 6 September 2015
Image ID TM6_0856
11. Contents of the child burial tomb discovered in 1923 between Beach Road and the Hall Barn. They were in Colchester Castle Museum until recently, and 20 April ...
Date: 21 April 2016
Image ID TM6_0916
12. Contents of a Roman child burial tomb discovered in 1923 between Beach Road and the Hall Barn. The contents were in Colchester Castle Museum until recently, and ...
Date: 23 April 2016
Image ID TM6_0930
13. The 176 shoppers' bus on a Monday morning travels to Tesco at Highwoods via Peldon, Wigborough Kings Head, Layer de la Haye, Gosbecks, Stanway Tollgate, Lexden ...
Date: 24 August 2015
Image ID TM6_20459
14. Sacred to the Memory of
Lieut. Thomas Cooke the 55 Reg. of Foot.
Son of the Late Mr Thomas Cooke and Alice his wife
of this place.
He ded ...
Date: 4 January 1812
Image ID TM6_20618
15. In Memory of Thomas Creek who died December 10th 1838 in the 63rd year of his age.
His remains are deposited in a vault near this place.
Also of ...
Date: 14 February 1868
Image ID TM6_20620
16. Donations to this Parish
An Estate situate in this Parish called Church and Strood Lands and Parish Field containing 81 Acres of Arable and Wood Land, ...
Image ID TM6_20622
17. In 1883 The Turret Clock was presented to this Parish by,
Hugh Green, MRCSES, LSA
Practising here as a mark of respect & esteem for his late ...
Image ID TM6_20625
18. Near this place are deposited the remains of Susanna, fourth Wife of Mr Thomas May of this Parish who departed this life the 4th February 1829, Aged 58 ...
Date: 4 February 1829
Image ID TM6_20628
19. Within the railing outside of this wall are deposited the remains of
Tabitha wife of the Revd. Nathl. Forster (Vicar of this Parish)
who died 18 July ...
Date: 11 May 1851
Image ID TM6_20636
| || |