1. Victory Lane West Mersea. Looking down The Lane with the Ship Public House on the right.
The 1881 1891 Census list George Aldous at the Ship Inn, along...
Date: Before May 1909
Image ID RG030111
2. Back of postcard of Victory Lane West Mersea. Posted 16 May 1909 from Southampton to Mrs J. Hewes and addressed Dear Mother and Father. "You can write c/o yacht...
Date: 16 May 1909
Image ID RG030112
3. Cricket Team - West Mersea School.
Mr Ambridge - master.
Back row John Vince.
Middle row Ronnie Harvey
Front Ray Whiting.
Image ID RG030121
4. The Essex Shore - a magic lantern slide by Arthur R. Smith. The view is along the East Mersea shore towards the lane which comes down from East Mersea church....
Image ID RG03_001
5. Mersea Island Lions Club Charter Members. Photo taken in the Fox.
Back Row L-R 1. John Taylor, 2. Ken Mole, 3. Albert Streeter, 4. Eric Abey, 5. Dennis...
Image ID RG03_003
6. Mersea Seed Growers at Bocking Hall Farm, West Mersea.
L-R Mabel Farthing [ later Mabel Benns ], ?, ?, Pullen, Pullen...
The armbands are in memory...
Image ID RG03_006
7. East Mersea School.
Back row: Phyllis Richer, Joyce Marriage, Elsie Goodrum.
Middle row: 1. Harold Johnson, 2. Maurice Johnson, 3. Charles Farthing,...
Image ID RG03_033
8. Miss Aldridge's Class of May 1959.
Back row 1. Rodney Hewes, 2. ?, 3. Paul Mussett, 4. Peter Burrdige, 5. Paul Davis, 7. ?
Middle row 1. Graham...
Date: May 1959
Image ID RG03_041
9. West Mersea School - Nelson 1926 1. Travers Cook 2. Dan Hearsum 3. Arthur Death 4. Alf Sales 5. Jack Hutchinson 6. ? Jenkins 7. Bert Chapman 8. Joss Green 9....
Image ID RG03_043
10. Three masted barge ZEBRINA. Official No. 60245, built Faversham 1873, registered Whitstable.
Image ID RG03_065
11. Donkey drawn milk cart outside the house called Beachy Head towards the top of Seaview Avenue. In the cart are David (left) and Douglas Cooke, on holiday in...
Image ID RG03_080
12. Forester's Dinner, Fairhaven Restaurant.
Wyn Harrison, Maureen Cock née Lilley
Violet Stoker (Douglas's), Hector Stoker.
Image ID RG03_090
13. L-R Emily Farthing, Maud ? Mole, ?
Image ID RG03_103
14. The spritsail barge ISABEL of about 120 tons with a stack of hay and her gear lowered to pass under the London bridges. Built in Conyer Keny in...
Image ID RG03_122
15. Wedding of Edna Mehalah Green and Leslie James Green at West Mersea Parish Church 5 November 1927. The building on the right is the Hall Barn.
Date: 5 November 1927
Image ID RG03_203
16. Topping Out. L-R Ron Pamment, Beverley Green, Ron Green, Bob Deal seated.
Image ID RG03_221
17. Building Peter Tucker's bungalow in Norfolk Avenue.
L-R 1. Reg Garrard, 2. Les Green., 3. Ron 'Charky' D'Wit, 4. Alec Green.
Image ID RG03_227
18. Official Log book of barge ZENOBIA, Official No. 91903, covering period 1 January 1922 to 30 June 1922.
Registered owner W.B. Howlett, 22 Park Place,...
Date: 21 August 1922
Image ID RG03_281
19. Smack ELECTRON, owned by Phoenix 'Bill' Cook. Gillian Cook standing, Ethel ? seated.
Image ID RG03_321
20. Smack ELECTRON, owner 'Phoenix' Bill Cook with Gillian and Ethel Cook
Image ID RG03_323
21. KENGO, Ron Green
Image ID RG03_331
22. Dick Woolf with The Legend behind him. Oysters 1/- per doz.
Image ID RG03_345
23. William Wyatt in City Road. The dog's name is Jip because he gave William jip by running away on the marshes when Bill was wildfowling (Harold Cutts).
Image ID RG03_349
24. Abberton Water Cart. Eddie Smith holding the horse. The cart was used to supply water to the village from the well under the bakery. Eddie Smith donated land at...
Image ID RG03_353
25. Group of ladies that took part in the Elizabethan Mersea Court Scene at the Coronation Pageant in 1953. The ladies in the back row played the role of male...
Date: 2 June 1953
Image ID RG03_365
26. The sailing barge P.A.M. unloading Kentish ragstone at Mersea Strood 1946/7. Two locals and two Ukrainians. Photo by Captain George Blake, master of...
Image ID RG03_371
27. Sailing barge NELLIE PARKER at Mersea Strood. Bullnose Morris car.
Date: September 1927
Image ID RG03_373
28. Badcocks Farm and Lake, Abberton
Image ID RG03_383
29. Vine Cottage, The Lane, West Mersea.
It is thought the lady is Ellen Cooke nee Ennew 1859 - 1904 and the photo taken c1903. The children could be...
Image ID RG03_393
30. Inside the Strict Baptist Meeting House in Meeting Lane, East Mersea, demolished before WW2.
Image ID RG03_395