1. Victory - Old City. An early photograph of the Victory - with only the front ridge roof.
Date: Before 1900
Image ID PUL_OPA_001
2. West Mersea Church
Image ID PUL_OPA_011
3. Coast Road looking towards Orleans.
Image ID PUL_OPA_015
4. Joan & Vic Pullen
Image ID PUL_OPA_029
5. The Beach, West Mersea, with some early beach huts.
Image ID PUL_OPA_041
6. High Street, West Mersea
Date: Before 1931
Image ID PUL_OPA_045
7. Low Water at the Hard. Postcard 152010.
Image ID PUL_OPA_053
8. Children in High Street outside the White Hart.
Image ID PUL_OPA_073
9. The beach around King's Hard, West Mersea. Postcard 78491
Image ID PUL_OPA_079
10. When all yachts were gaff rigged. West Mersea. Postcard 85017
Image ID PUL_OPA_087
11. The Island's Drum and Fife Band on the Beach.
Used in "Isle of Mersea" by Brian Jay photo no.70
Image ID PUL_OPA_089
12. Smack Race. CK375 Edith. CK263 WENONAH ex SHAMROCK.
July 2013 CK375 EDITH has just been rebuilt in Holland and is to return to Brightlingsea
Image ID PUL_OPA_093
13. 'Chippy' Pullen standing in front of 482CK KINGFISHER, 375CK EDITH, 269CK BUTTERCUP on Mersea Hard.
EDITH CK375 was built around 1911 by Aldous at ...
Image ID PUL_OPA_095
14. Steam yacht PERIDOT.
Image ID PUL_OPA_101
15. Clifford 'Chippy' Pullen. The 1918 Absent Voters list shows him as a Deck Hand on minesweepers.
Image ID PUL_OPA_107
16. Kate Pullen with Vic
Image ID PUL_OPA_109
17. Out for a row
Image ID PUL_OPA_111
18. Dash (Uncle Arthur) Pullen, Sid Hewes, Fred Howard
Image ID PUL_OPA_113
19. Herbert Pullen, R.A.M.C.
1919 Absent Voters list shows Herbert as Private 96643, R.A.M.C., British Troops in France
Image ID PUL_OPA_115
20. Peldon Rose. The name over the door is George Pullen. George and Jane Pullen ran the Rose from about 1880 to 1909 when George died. Jane continued to run it ...
Date: Before 1910
Image ID PUL_OPA_117
21. William Pullen
Image ID PUL_OPA_119
22. Coast Road and the Hard in the background.
Image ID PUL_OPA_123
23. Ed Wyatt.
The Absent Voters List from January 1918 shows Edward Wyatt as a Deck Hand on HMS ATTENTIVE III.
Image ID PUL_OPA_125
24. Ada French ?
Image ID PUL_OPA_127
25. Bill & Ada Wyatt née Manning
Image ID PUL_OPA_129
26. Steam Yacht MERLIN. In photograph ...
Image ID PUL_OPA_131
Image ID PUL_OPA_137
28. The posters say "You will really enjoy these lunch cubes. 12 for 6d". Soldier and nurse.
David Pullen on left.
Image ID PUL_OPA_139
29. Gaff cutter SONYA, sail number 4. Photo Kirk & Sons, Cowes.
SONYA ON 120525, built Bristol R.I., 1905. [LRY 1914]
Used in poster for 2004 summer ...
Image ID PUL_OPA_141
30. Grandfather Billy William John Melrose Road owned INO.
Image ID PUL_OPA_147