1. High Street, looking south, West Mersea. Postcard from Chas. F. Williamson, Newsagent, Yorick Road, W.M. 14389 2200, mailed 25 April 1924.
Date: Before April 1924
Image ID PG2_009
2. Church Corner, West Mersea. Postcard 15781 318. Another copy of this card was mailed November 1924.
Date: Before November 1924
Image ID PG2_019
3. Houseboats ERYCINA & EVANDRA at West Mersea.
Ron Green writes that ERYCINA was broken up in the bad winter of 1947. He started when he worked for Clifford ...
Image ID PG2_031
4. Sea View Avenue, West Mersea. Seaview Avenue. Another copy of this card was mailed August 1933
Date: Before 1933
Image ID PG2_053
5. West Mersea Village. Church Road. Postcard mailed 27 August 1908.
Date: Before August 1908
Image ID PG2_055
6. The Old City, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 29 June 1954.
Date: Before June 1954
Image ID PG2_057
7. Boating Lake, West Mersea.
Image ID PG2_059
8. West Mersea Beach. Postcard 98752 mailed 20 July 1926.
Date: Before July 1926
Image ID PG2_081
9. Sea View Avenue, West Mersea. Nursing Home in Seaview Avenue, "Mrs Weaver's Home of Rest".
Image ID PG2_083
10. The beach, titled The Esplanade, West Mersea. Postcard by E T W Dennis, mailed 31 August 1921
Date: Before August 1921
Image ID PG2_085
11. The Creek, West Mersea - a post card view along Coast Road. The barge dressed overall and a line of boats suggest it is Regatta Day.
Postcard from E T W ...
Date: Before March 1917
Image ID PG2_093
12. The Beach, West Mersea. Postcard 9133.
Image ID PG2_103
13. West Mersea showing Wesleyan Chapel. The road was once Chapel Road, now Mill Road.
Another copy of this postcard was mailed July 1907
Another copy ...
Date: Before July 1906
Image ID PG2_105
14. The Beach, West Mersea. This is taken by the Monkey Steps and the wall is the wall in front of Orleans. The wall was later plastered. The name Esplanade on the ...
Image ID PG2_111
15. View from Church Tower, West Mersea to White Hart and looking north up High Street. The open space just right of centre became the Primrose and later Eastern ...
Date: Before 1911
Image ID PG2_127
16. Crossing the Strood under difficulties, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 3 August 1938
Date: Before August 1938
Image ID PG2_151
17. Wyatt's Shed on the left. The lane in the centre is now Carriers Close. The cottage on the left of the lane is Waterside, Smuggler's Way and Cudmore Cottage. ...
Image ID PG2_153
18. Sea View Avenue. [Seaview]. Advertisement for the Fairhaven Estate by S. Callow, Brierley Hall, on the left. This is at the top of Seaview Avenue. Houses on the ...
Date: Before June 1903
Image ID PG2_155
19. The Strood at high tide, looking inland. Contractors working on the right beyond the car. Open top car no TW537.
Postcard 135962. TW registrations were ...
Image ID PG2_179
20. Boating Lake, West Mersea.
Image ID PG2_193
21. View from Coast Road, West Mersea, by the Clarke & Carter slipway. Dutch barge on the left Dutch barge - is this JENNY ? [RG].
Another copy of this card ...
Date: Before 1951
Image ID PG2_197
22. Racing past Mersea Island. Postcard by Douglas Went. West Mersea Yacht Club Regatta cJuly 1932. PETRONA on the left. WINDFLOWER centre.
WINDFLOWER built ...
Date: cJuly 1932
Image ID PG2_209
23. Old City, West Mersea. Postcard No.18
L-R from centre old Victory, Cornerways, John Hewes Cottage and Alice Hewes Cottage. The wooden shed to the right was ...
Date: Before 1915
Image ID PG2_215
24. East Mersea Dog and Pheasant, before the new part was added to the front in the 1920s. The sign on the front says C. & W. R. Seabrook's Fine Pale & Mild Ales & ...
Date: Before 1915
Image ID PG2_217
25. The Dog and Pheasant, East Mersea. C. & W.R. Seabrooke's fine pale and mild ales and porter. Landlord J.H. Death.
Postcard mailed 18 August 1918
Date: Before August 1918
Image ID PG2_221
26. Oyster dredging, West Mersea. Bert French on smack DAISY BELLE. Postcard written 18 August 1903, by W.P. - it ends "this is young French culling ...
Date: Before August 1903
Image ID PG2_223
27. Kingsland Road, Mersea. Postcard 504
Image ID PG2_229
28. Lane by the Waterside, West Mersea. Coast Road with the Square on the left. Barometer mounted in the wall. Postcard mailed 10 August 1906
Date: Before August 1906
Image ID PG2_237
29. Sheel Island - West Mersea. Trippers and beach brigs. Postcard. Another postcard with this view was mailed 19 September 1931
Date: Before September 1931
Image ID PG2_243
30. The Oyster Pits, West Mersea. The 'old oyster sheds' on Coast Road, just above upper centre, were demolished January 2011.
Postcard 148254 by Bells Photo ...
Date: Before 1959
Image ID PG2_247