1. BASIL, probably while she was laid up in the River Blackwater c1962.
Photograph from A. Duncan, Gravesend.
Image ID IC090002
2. BEECH HILL, believed to be in the River Blackwater, with MALDEN HILL behind her bow and Bradwell power station being constructed behind her stern.
Date: cFebruary 1958
Image ID IC090005
3. Bradwell Power Station under construction. Steamer PUNTARENAS is to the left of the crane.
Image ID IC090008
4. PUNTARENAS, thought to be whilst laid up in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from 24 November 1957 and arrived Aviles, Spain for breaking up 5 ...
Image ID IC090011
5. Off Tollesbury Pier. Nelson Line vessel laid up in the River Blackwater. The vessel thought to be either MURILLO, MOLIERE or MEISSONIER.
Postcard 126362. ...
Date: Before November 1932
Image ID IC090021
6. Nelson Line M class vessel laid up in the River Blackwater.
The vessel thought to be either MURILLO, MOLIERE or MEISSONIER.
Part of postcard 126362.
Date: 30 November 1932
Image ID IC090021_001
7. Ships in the River Blackwater, taken from Bradwell.
The vessel on the right is BENGUELA, broken up September 1933.
There are two Houlder Bros vessels in the ...
Date: Before September 1933
Image ID IC090023
8. Union Castle RIEBEECK CASTLE, thought to be during one of her visits to the River Blackwater - she was in the river 1962, 1963 and 1966-67.
Image ID IC090029
9. Beach huts at West Mersea after the 1953 Great Flood.
Date: February 1953
Image ID IC090031
10. Diving board at the bottom of Alexandra Avenue.
Several vessels laid up in the River Blackwater.
A photograph dated September 1932.
Date: September 1932.
Image ID IC090041
11. Regatta Day around 1950 on Edgar Heard's smack ROSENA CK65.
L-R on the smack: Dick and Mary Cudmore, Pat and Edgar Heard and Stan and Joan ...
Date: cAugust 1949
Image ID IC090051
12. Shell tanker NEVERITA laid up, thought to be in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from about July 1961 to February 1963, when she went for scrap. ...
Image ID IC090061
13. Sea Front, West Mersea. Postcard mailed 12 July 1926 from 2 Alexandria Cottages, East Mersea.
Date: Before July 1926
Image ID IC090071
14. The Beach, West Mersea. Near the bottom of Empress Avenue. Postcard mailed 26 August 1932
Date: Before August 1932
Image ID IC090073
15. New Coast Road, West Mersea. Looking along Victoria Esplanade from the site of the WW2 gun emplacement, now Two Sugars Cafe. Real photo postcard, not mailed.
Image ID IC090075
16. BRAZILIAN PRINCE - photograph thought to be while laid up in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from 22 January 1958 to 11 November ...
Date: cAugust 1958
Image ID IC09_125
17. Eagle Oil tanker SAN ELISEO laid up, believed to be in the River Blackwater. She was in the river from October 1960 to April 1963, when she went for scrap.
Image ID IC09_131
18. Shell tanker GALEOMMA laid up in River Blackwater.
Image ID IC09_139
19. Former Eagle Oil tanker SAN VITO laid up in River Blackwater.
Image ID IC09_141
20. Shell Tanker NACELLA laid up in the River Blackwater. The prominent goalpost mast is from the Admiralty Net Defence System fitted during WW2. She was in the ...
Image ID IC09_143
21. Shell Tanker NUCULANA laid up in the River Blackwater.
Image ID IC09_145
22. Shell tanker LINGA laid up in the River Blackwater. She paid two visits to the Blackwater 1958 - 1963.
Image ID IC09_147
23. Union Castle refrigerated cargo ship ROWALLAN CASTLE laid up in the River Blackwater. These Union Castle ships were primarily used in the seasonal fruit trade ...
Image ID IC09_149
24. Union Castle ROSLIN CASTLE laid up in River Blackwater. She visited the river in 1962, 1963-64, 1964, 1965-66 and 1966-67.
Image ID IC09_151
25. HELICINA, one of a pair of fast tankers owned by Anglo Saxon Petroleum Company (Shell tankers). Built 1946 and scrapped after she left the River Blackwater in ...
Image ID IC09_153
26. LONDON CITIZEN laid up the River Blackwater west of Tollesbury pier [Peter Bibby]. Back of card is marked LONDON CITIZEN 1918 and 7.34 and John G. ...
Date: July 1934
Image ID IC09_159
27. Liberty Ship SARIZA laid up in River Blackwater.
Official No. 244966. Launched as J C W BECKHAM, completed as RACCOON. Renamed J.C.W.BECKHAM-1946, ...
Image ID IC09_163
28. A postcard of The Shore, Bradwell on Sea. In the 1930s many ships were laid up in the River Blackwater - among those visible are JASON, VOLTAIRE, PORT CURTIS ...
Date: cAugust 1931
Image ID IC09_171
29. LONDON MERCHANT laid up in the River Blackwater. She was laid up 1930, west of Tollesbury Pier. Photograph from A. Duncan.
She was launched in 1923 as ...
Date: Before May 1935
Image ID IC09_175
30. A Pretty Spot, Bradwell Quay. Postcard 122864.
Prominent on the left is the Shaw Savill TAIROA or PAKEHA and on the right is Lamport & Holt's VOLTAIRE. ...
Date: cOctober 1930
Image ID IC09_177