1. Clifford White men who built the Council Houses in Barfield Road c1920. Names as given by Mary Stevens are
1. Jack Spurgeon 2. Mr Freeman 3. Claud Dymock ...
Image ID HWC_AB1_005
2. Monkey steps and Monkey beach. Near St. Peter's Well. Laid up ships in the river. Pre-WW2
Image ID HWC_AB1_009
3. Oyster Pits along Coast Road.
Image ID HWC_AB1_029
4. Unidentified ...
Image ID HWC_AB1_059
5. Queens Corner Mill Road. Windmill. Postcard 78483.
Image ID HWC_AB1_119
6. Dubbie French and Chum Hewes on the WATERLILLY
Image ID HWC_AB1_145
7. Shameen, at the bottom of Seaview Avenue. A Hammond postcard
Image ID HWC_AB1_149
8. The Old City, West Mersea
Image ID HWC_AB2_015
9. West side of High Street, West Mersea. Mersea Fish Caterers, and L.W. Burton & Son beyond.
Image ID HWC_AB2_047
10. West side of High Street. S.A.M. Hines Estate Agents on left. Fortunate Finds, Mersea Fish Caterers, L.W. Burton & Son.
Image ID HWC_AB2_049
11. Looking north up High Street from Cock, butchers. Mary Chapman on bike. Jeffery's shop on the left.
Image ID HWC_AB2_051
12. High Street looking south. Melrose Road on left. Appleby butcher extreme right.
Image ID HWC_AB2_053
13. High Street, West Mersea.
Image ID HWC_AB2_055
14. Whitings Cottage at junction of Barfield Road and Melrose Road.
Image ID HWC_AB2_057
15. Tredget's shop on Queens Corner, with Pet Supplies next door.
Image ID HWC_AB2_059
16. Old Council Houses, Barfield Road.
Image ID HWC_AB2_061
17. Archie Smith's. Queens Corner.
Image ID HWC_AB2_063
18. Two Tides Hotel, Seaview Avenue.
Image ID HWC_AB2_065
19. Eastern National Bus Park, High Street.
Image ID HWC_AB2_067
20. S.A.M. Hines shop, High Street.
Image ID HWC_AB2_069
21. Waverley Hotel, Coast Road.
Image ID HWC_AB2_071
22. Fred Cutts
Image ID HWC_AB2_087
23. WM School Group - see ...
Image ID HWC_AB3_001
24. WM School Group circa 1926. Names identified by Lorna Tarran. 1.?? 2. 'Badger' Martin 3. Hutchinson?? 4. Douglas Mussett 5. Len Appleby 6. Billy Farthing 7. ...
Image ID HWC_AB3_003
25. Wyatt's Hard, West Mersea. Postcard 149342.
Image ID HWC_AB3_019
26. Waterfront view. Gowens, Wyatt's slipway.
Image ID HWC_AB3_023
27. Chum Hewes & 'Dubbie' French on smack WATERLILY
Image ID HWC_AB3_027
28. Houseboats after the 1953 Flood. Houseboat MAUREEN nearest road was owned by Mrs Major
Date: cMarch 1953
Image ID HWC_AB3_031
29. Propeller of Greek steamer MICHALAKIS aground off West Mersea beach.
Date: c15 February 1958
Image ID HWC_AB3_045
30. Greek steamer MICHALAKIS ashore at West Mersea.
Date: c15 February 1958
Image ID HWC_AB3_047