1. PIONEER lying off the Nothe at Mersea in the 1950s.
In the 1930s PIONEER was sold to the steward of the East Mersea Golf Club and was towed across the ...
Image ID DIS2004_PNR_PIC05
2. Salvaging PIONEER CK18. On the trolley at Wyatt's slip. At last the remains can be seen - the most complete Class 1 Colchester smack in existence.
Image ID DIS2004_PNR_PIC11
3. Rebuilding PIONEER CK18. Before the re-build could start, a full set of lines had to be constructed.
The hull was battened by Brian Kennell and Shaun ...
Image ID DIS2004_PNR_PIC16
4. PIONEER spent 2 days outside Colchester Castle to publicise the launch and the aims of the Pioneer Trust. Her journey here was a bit fraught, especially the ...
Image ID DIS2004_PNR_PIC34
5. Boatbuilder, Shaun White, who originally inspired the idea of restoring the PIONEER.
Date: May 2003
Image ID DIS2004_PNR_PIC42