[01m] Churchyard was closed about 1900 by an order in council because the churchyard was full and they then opened up Barfield Road and later Firs Road Cemeteries.
[12m] 1882 Large restoration. Gallery at back of the church taken out. Clock given by local GP Doctor Green in memory of his uncle Doctor Norman.
[13m] New stained glass East Window in memory of Horace Egerton Green, Mayor of Colchester twice.
[14m] 1935 chiming apparatus on the bells to celebrate the Silver Jubilee.
1951 major work at the top of the church tower.
[16m] 1960 new organ. Side chapel furnished and dedicated. Altar made from an old plotting table from Biggin Hill aerodrome, by the local Sea Cadets. The ornaments on it were designed by Fid Harnack.
This item is part of the Mersea Island Museum Collection. The contents must not be published without the permission of the Museum. The information is accurate as far as is known, but the Museum does not accept responsibility for errors.