Image 148 of 159
HK 5085 - a Primrose Buses Mersea charabanc in Stanwell Street by the Roman wall. The driver is Bob Woodward. Probably before 1926 as the St John's Street bus park was opened that year. Before then, the buses stood outside the Hippodrome in High Street, but were limited to 15 minutes there. Otherwise they would use Stanwell Street for parking.
Photo: Mersea Museum - Janet Woodward Collection
Image ID SS050027
Category 2 Transport - buses and carriers
Category 3 [Display on front screen]
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.