Search for Image ID ""Image 1|
HK 5085 - a Primrose Buses' Mersea charabanc in Stanwell Street by the Roman wall. Before the St John's Street bus park was opened in 1926, buses stood outside the Hippodrome in High Street, but were limited to 15 minutes there, so would use Stanwell Street for parking. After 1926, a few buses still used Stanwell Street.
The driver is Bob Woodward and the conductor is thought to be Kenny Thorp - the photograph came from Bob's daughter Janet and she thought it was Kenny because he normally worked with her father.
Photo: Mersea Museum - Janet Woodward Collection
Image ID SS050027
Category 2 Transport - buses and carriers
Category 3 [Display on front screen]
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.