Images for Mersea-->Beach 123 of 186

 Beach at the bottom of Seaview Avenue. The house on the right is Shameen, later Brazil House.

Postcard thought to be by Hammond, which would date it around 1911.

1979 Charleston Court was built on the site of Brazil House - papers in the Deeds show that Brazil House was sold 30 July 1947 by Frank Oscar Hutton of Birch, to Mrs Richardson of Ransomes Farm, Peldon.

Brazil House later ...
Cat1 Mersea-->Beach Cat2 Mersea-->Buildings

Beach at the bottom of Seaview Avenue. The house on the right is Shameen, later Brazil House.
Postcard thought to be by Hammond, which would date it around 1911.
1979 Charleston Court was built on the site of Brazil House - papers in the Deeds show that Brazil House was sold 30 July 1947 by Frank Oscar Hutton of Birch, to Mrs Richardson of Ransomes Farm, Peldon.
Brazil House later became the Beach Club and then the Two Tides public house, owned by Charles Brown.
Date: c1911      


Photo: Mersea Museum - Hardy Weaver Collection
Image ID MMC_P755_137
Category 1 Mersea-->Beach
Category 2 Mersea-->Buildings


    Top

This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.