Search for Image ID "LH64_006" |
View from beach west of Monkey Steps across to laid up ships and Bradwell Power Station. The concrete blocks in the foreground are thought to be the remains of an anti-landing barrier from WW2.
The motor yacht is thought to be the TJELDOY IMO No. 5362439, built as a Norwegian ferry in 1956 and converted to a yacht. It was seized by the Dutch Government in a case involving the smuggling of drugs and then bought by Rodney Hill after it was released. It was eventually taken by him for use in the Caribbean. An item on shipspotting.com states she has also had also carried the name CARINA.
Photo: Mersea Museum - Rose and Len Harvey Collection
Image ID LH64_006
Category 1 Mersea-->Beach
Category 2 Blackwater-->Laid up ships
Category 3 Yachts and yachting-->Motor
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.