Kelly's Directory 1910 Page 393. East Mersea, West Mersea.
Public Elementary School (mixed) built in 1860, for 70 children, average attendance, 34; & endowed with £6 2s. 8d. yearly, the interest upon £200 in Consols, left in 1812 by the Rev. John Tickle, of Wargrave, Berks, in trust to the rector & churchwardens of this parish; Miss Annie M. Fairey, mistress.
Carrier to Colchester - Robert P. Underwood to the 'Plough'
Public Elementary School (mixed) for 220 children; average attendance, 200; Henry L. Green, master.
Public Elementary School (infants), for 120 children, average attendance 98; Mrs F. Mayhew, mistress.
Post, M.O., Telegraph Office, West Mersea, Ashton Turner sub-postmaster
Carriers to Colchester Alfred Cudmore, Percy Rudlin, stopping at the 'Plough'
Berry's Motor Omnibus
This image is part of the Mersea Island Museum Collection.