Search for Image ID "" |
The two halves of the Liberty Ship HELENA MODJESKA anchored in the River Blackwater. She had gone aground on the Goodwin Sands 12 September 1946 and broke in two. The two halves were refloated and towed to the Blackwater January and June 1947.
Photo: Mersea Museum - Derek Shakespeare
Image ID DWS_SHP_001
Category 1 Blackwater-->Laid up ships
Category 3 Ships and Boats-->Merchant -->Power
This image is part of the Mersea Museum Collection.